• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF Justice League : F2P fantasy football 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ferny

Man, rCIZZLE and I are pretty much neck in neck for tomorrow. Not even looking at just projections, but also at matchups and everything. Good to be going to Premiere and actually having a good first year. Next year should interesting. The Rooks are pushing for the finals though!

Lynch is on your bench. I honestly thought you were tanking on purpose when I saw that...

Lynch was questionable earlier in the week, so I put him on the bench in case I fudged up. Instead, knowshown was playing on Thursday and fucking everything all up. I had a good feeling about Vereen over lynch...but apparently that good feeling was trash.

EDIT: at least it wouldn't have mattered anyway. Makes me feel a little bit better about bungling the whole thing.

Lynch was questionable earlier in the week, so I put him on the bench in case I fudged up. Instead, knowshown was playing on Thursday and fucking everything all up. I had a good feeling about Vereen over lynch...but apparently that good feeling was trash.

EDIT: at least it wouldn't have mattered anyway. Makes me feel a little bit better about bungling the whole thing.

HOOOOLLLLYYY SHIIIEEEEEETTT at Charles.... And it's the beginning of the 3rd!!! I am so sorry man

at least i'm in GJL1 next year

*sticks tongue out at the inferior people*

Man, I wanna talk so much trash, but then I remember your team name and I just can't do it...

Omega

Banned
GG Sleazy.

You were right, you do have bad luck in the playoffs. (unless Matt Stafford puts up about 50 completions, 650 yards and 7TDs)

crazy part is you didn't have a bad week aside from Vereen. Maybe it's just me but any time I lose it's because my players put up duds

Arkos

Nose how to spell and rede to
I need 16.5 points out of David Akers. Come onnnnnn. EDIT: And also go Lions woot!

Jayhawk

Thankfully, I made it to the finals in JGL1. However, if PeyPey and Megatron put up stinkers like they did this week, I won't win.

Everybody pulling for the upset.

Represent Gaming division, SHP

SHP and the Gaming division can kick rocks. Time for Charles to take down Peyton and Co!!!

Also, is there any sort of update on the current rankings? I honestly have no idea how to figure out what everyone's new ranks would be now

Edit: dafuq??? Russell is from Gaming too? Man, we made Off-topic look like shit this year...

Arkos

Edit: dafuq??? Russell is from Gaming too? Man, we made Off-topic look like shit this year...

Woot! Gaming side represent.

Also, is there any sort of update on the current rankings? I honestly have no idea how to figure out what everyone's new ranks would be now

No, there is not any update, because it is still up for debate how we will rank everybody at the end of the season. Do we go by the outcome of the ladder, do we go by overall record, or some weird third option? These are the final questions that must be decided on
(along with seeding next year, but deciding the final rankings = seeding next year so, you know, semantics really)

ALSO, United I would have beat you if I had taken Baltimore's kicker!! What the fuck, it was his day to shine. Damnit. Good season, you deserved a better outcome :p

EDIT: I still have to do the AFK update and check on all of the leagues so I'll get back to you with more info tomorrow. I'm a little behind (that's what she said)

Arkos

So it's down to this:

GJL1
1. Straw Hat Pirates
3. First Name Russell...

GJL2
3. Team rCIZZLE
4. Bonethug's Skullcrackers

GJL3
3. Great Gronkapotamus
4. Omega Rex

How about only one of the division winners even making it to the Lore Bowl (is that what we should call it lol?). Crazy stuff guys, crazy stuff. Good luck to everybody! I won't make it to .500 (thanks a lot United We Run) but I can still get close by beating Goodell. Here we go...

Edit: Arrrgh I should have started looking at this earlier, I'd have to do the math for total points for all three leagues to get a proper Sacko Bowl! I just did it for JL1, and surprise surprise your LM made it in, after all my hard efforts. I'll try to get JL2 and 3 done in time but no guarantees Sigh, I can't do it for all 3 in time so I'll just not do it for any :( Oh well

Bonethug

Up 30 with DEF left to play for GJL2 championship.
Good year everyone, and looking forward to GJL Premier League next year.

Omega

Banned
GJL1

bart-scott-cant-wait-o.gif

Jayhawk

Congratulations to all the winners. I am salty that my city of Toronto had to endure an ice storm this weekend that left 300,000 homes without power. At least there was no combination of TE+FLEX that I could have set that would have made me win, so I am not bitter. My kicker getting 0 points...

Vyer

Even though I had a shitty year it was fun. Looking forward to next year.

In other news, I lost another league's championship thanks to Gonzalez's 1 TD catch with 2 minutes left. lol

Ah well, this all means football will be over soon. :(

Arkos

Congratulations to the winners! I hope everybody enjoyed the league. I had a lot of fun, I'm glad we were able to get it going. I'm just now getting around to doing end-of-the-year stuff, sorry about that (busy holidays), so I'll get back to yall with everything soon.

2 final questions

1. How do we count the loser's bracket The options are a) We take the standings that ESPN spat out, which aren't necessarily reflective of overall record, or b) We take the overall record, or c) We go with regular season records only for the people that didn't make the playoffs.

I prefer option b, it would mean I would have to do a lot of math because ESPN doesn't track overall record or points for/against once the playoffs start, but I can put in the effort if you guys are down. If not, we can easily do one of the other options.

2. AFK's in the playoffs? Do we count them? I say yes if they're egregious but maybe not strictly? I lost a little bit of interest in the last couple weeks, but at least in my case it was because there was no clear structure to the loser's bracket. But, I imagine other people could have lost interest too. We could a) Check AFK's with 100% strictness, b) Check AFK's, and only penalize somebody if they were already at like 3+ for the regular season, or c) Let playoff AFK's slide this year (although we do need to have a clear decision made before next year on what games are going to count and what kind of loser's bracket, if any, we want to have)

I'd appreciate your input! I'm going to compile stats and prepare awards, and I'll get back to everybody sometime today hopefully.

Ferny

Congratulations to the winners! I hope everybody enjoyed the league. I had a lot of fun, I'm glad we were able to get it going. I'm just now getting around to doing end-of-the-year stuff, sorry about that (busy holidays), so I'll get back to yall with everything soon.

2 final questions

1. How do we count the loser's bracket The options are a) We take the standings that ESPN spat out, which aren't necessarily reflective of overall record, or b) We take the overall record, or c) We go with regular season records only for the people that didn't make the playoffs.

I prefer option b, it would mean I would have to do a lot of math because ESPN doesn't track overall record or points for/against once the playoffs start, but I can put in the effort if you guys are down. If not, we can easily do one of the other options.

2. AFK's in the playoffs? Do we count them? I say yes if they're egregious but maybe not strictly? I lost a little bit of interest in the last couple weeks, but at least in my case it was because there was no clear structure to the loser's bracket. But, I imagine other people could have lost interest too. We could a) Check AFK's with 100% strictness, b) Check AFK's, and only penalize somebody if they were already at like 3+ for the regular season, or c) Let playoff AFK's slide this year (although we do need to have a clear decision made before next year on what games are going to count and what kind of loser's bracket, if any, we want to have)

I'd appreciate your input! I'm going to compile stats and prepare awards, and I'll get back to everybody sometime today hopefully.

I say C for question A. and for B I say don't count it for playoffs.

Vyer

2 final questions

I agree with you on B for question 1. Prob B on question 2 as well and yeah we definitely need to have a clear decision laid out.

I didn't even change my lineup from week 1 to 2 of the playoffs. Might look like I'm AFK(as I played some stinkers week 1 and thus week 2) but I really didn't care at that point since my team was out of contention. Anyhow I won the second week after not changing anything from week 1. So, I'm like okay...might as well finish out the season and make some changes for week 3 and of course I lose. 0-2 in the playoffs actually trying to win and 1-0 where I didn't even give a damn. Go figure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom