• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF Justice League (F2P Fantasy Football) 2014 |OT| Now with tiers! Still with tears

Status
Not open for further replies.

Omega

Banned
BT Skullcrackers, what happend man?

he had the unfortunate privilege of playing About Gordamn Time

Unless Mark Ingram gets 41 points tomorrow, that's two consecutive championship games for me, despite me unknowingly making my team worse. I won't get as lucky next week as I did this week, considering AGT has some of the best position players. Only thing I have him beat at is D/ST

DarkFlow

Banned

Unless Mark Ingram gets 41 points tomorrow, that's two consecutive championship games for me, despite me unknowingly making my team worse. I won't get as lucky next week as I did this week, considering AGT has some of the best position players. Only thing I have him beat at is D/ST

I say we vote and ban iAmMaximus for life.

Were you in the championship game last year for the GAF F2P league? If so, it's a rematch!

EDIT: nvm you were in GJL3

I say we vote and ban iAmMaximus for life.

hehe I owe it all to a lucky draft.

Vyer

Fletcher and Eli coming down to the wire it seems.

And looks like I'll be facing one of them in the championship game. woot!

DarkFlow

Banned
You too, Fletcher! No matter what happens, we can both take solace in the fact that we both beat DarkFlow's ass. :D

Don't make me hurt you.

My record was a tad misleading see as I had the most points scored till like the final week. FF is crazy.

Omega

Banned
GG iAmMaximus

Even if I would have been able to switch out Edelman it wouldn't have made a difference. I cost myself a championship by overreaching for position players.

1st place, 2nd place. I look forward to being in the championship game next year as well. It's been fun guys

GG iAmMaximus

Even if I would have been able to switch out Edelman it wouldn't have made a difference. I cost myself a championship by overreaching for position players.

1st place, 2nd place. I look forward to being in the championship game next year as well. It's been fun guys

GG, man! It could have been a close game (which it still sorta is) especially with Gates and Miller scoring 20+ points.

Anyway, I had a great time! It feels good to win another championship :D I have a feeling I won't be this lucky again next year, though.

So, it's looking like the rosters for next year's GAF Justice Leagues are now set:
GAF Justice League Premier:
  • About Gordamn Time [iAmMaximus]
  • Chips Ahoy [Omega Rex]
  • BT's Skullcrackers [Bonethug]
  • Strat Hat Pirates [Jayhawk]
  • Ayahuasca Shamans [ErasureAcer]
  • Beats by Ray [youngplaya21]
  • FrankGoreWaifuPillow [Rawr its Ry]
  • Mo Honey Mo Problems [Teptom]
  • OGF [Vyer]
  • Fletcher [Fletcher]
  • Eli's Red Bucket [LQX]
  • Blair Walsh Project [smokeymicpot]

GAF Justice League II:
  • Putin Karate Chops [SleazyC]
  • Corporate Peezy LLC [Future Foundation]
  • 50 Shades of Forte [lastflowers]
  • Chip United [Notrollious]
  • Rabid Lobster [Mazre]
  • DeMarco Polo [DarkFlow]
  • Sangreal's Team [sangreal]
  • Stonking Great Hits [Clobersaurus]
  • Blahoholics [cr_blah_blah]
  • dammitmattt lives!!! [CouldBeWorse]
  • Kelika Beasts [kelik]
  • Turd Blossoms [Texfan]

GAF Justice League III:
  • AP's Switch [OJdaKiller]
  • Stupendous Men [Arkos]
  • Jammy Gits [Jamie OD]
  • Cunning Creepers [SuicideUZI]
  • ccbfan Team of ??? [ccbfan]
  • Doof United [darkiguana]
  • Password is Taco [GK86]
  • Team Dutti [Dabushman]
  • Toronto Maple Leaves [Samyy]
  • Aldon's Airlines [thebigmanjosh]
  • ShinRPGamer F.C. [ShinRPGamer]
  • IrritableBoweSyndrom [Rudakus]

Congrats again to iAmMaximus, Vyer, and cr_blah_blah on being GAF Justice Champions!

Vyer

Sweet.

I thought it was top 4 in each league moves up though?

EDIT: It looks like the top 8 are still in premier instead?

DarkFlow

Banned
Sweet.

I wouldn't even worry about it honestly. It's a cool idea in theory, but it's going to be a nightmare in reality. Half the teams likely won't even be back next year, I know OJDAkiller has said he's out since we are doing auction next year. It's going to be a mess.

Omega

Banned
Sweet.

Where else would we go?

Bottom 4 from Premier get demoted. Top 4 from GJL2 get promoted
Bottom 4 from GJL22 get demoted and Top 4 from GJL3 get promtoted.

If I remember correctly, if you don't make the playoffs, then at that point you can't adjust your roster/add or drop players.

So we should be using the regular season rankings for teams that finished outside the top 6, as it's penalizing teams that couldn't properly compete by taking the "consolation" bracket final standings...Basically, the final weeks if you weren't in the playoffs, should not count for anything....I finished in 7th place and couldn't edit my roster to replace Denard Robinson for the playoffs, ultimately finishing in 9th place as a result.

Vyer

Where else would we go?

Bottom 4 from Premier get demoted. Top 4 from GJL2 get promoted
Bottom 4 from GJL22 get demoted and Top 4 from GJL3 get promtoted.

I thought it was split into three groups of 4. Top 4 from each league are JLP, middle 4 are JL2, bottom JL3. At least that's what my understanding was, but I may have been mistaken.

If I remember correctly, if you don't make the playoffs, then at that point you can't adjust your roster/add or drop players.

So we should be using the regular season rankings for teams that finished outside the top 6, as it's penalizing teams that couldn't properly compete by taking the "consolation" bracket final standings...Basically, the final weeks if you weren't in the playoffs, should not count for anything....I finished in 7th place and couldn't edit my roster to replace Denard Robinson for the playoffs, ultimately finishing in 9th place as a result.

I thought they were saying that they were using regular season for those outside the top 6.

I thought it was split into three groups of 4. Top 4 from each league are JLP, middle 4 are JL2, bottom JL3. At least that's what my understanding was, but I may have been mistaken.

Nah, we did that last year because of everyone being new (or at least from what I remember), but this season on is the progression method

I thought they were saying that they were using regular season for those outside the top 6.
We are, and did. That may change when Arkos comes back, tho

Vyer

We are, and did. That may change when Arkos comes back, tho

Ah I get it.

I am curious about what DarkFlow's saying though. Guessing we'll have to figure out during the offseason whose staying and going and if anything else will be split for Auction.

DarkFlow

Banned

You could add and drop people, you just had to wait for waivers to expire.

Arkos

Nose how to spell and rede to
Hey people! Sorry for the slight necro-bump, but I'm back! I haven't had time to go over everything, but it looks like things went well? Special thanks to youngplaya21 and GK86, it looks like they did an excellent job of managing things, I'm so sorry I wasn't able to fulfill my official duties, I missed you guys. I hope everybody had fun.

Next year begins the rise of Arkos.

Vyer

Hey people! Sorry for the slight necro-bump, but I'm back! I haven't had time to go over everything, but it looks like things went well? Special thanks to youngplaya21 and GK86, it looks like they did an excellent job of managing things, I'm so sorry I wasn't able to fulfill my official duties, I missed you guys. I hope everybody had fun.

Welcome back, Arkos

Welcome back!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom