• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF Justice League : F2P fantasy football 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arkos

Nose how to spell and rede to
This is where you're definitely not listening to me. 2 options yet I've stated multiple times there should be a third. Give 7 and 8 a bye just like 1 and 2. Winners of the consolation semifinals make JL2. Gives everyone an incentive to keep playing to make it to JL2.

But there's already an incentive for everyone to keep playing, because the final record is what matters, including the loser's bracket, so there's room for 6-10 to all potentially move in or out of JL2 (and if an AFK team like GiLL did make the playoffs then there could be a potential for 5-7 to move in or out of 5, which would get them a spot in JL1 after GiLL got bumped).

What you're proposing is 2 playoffs, and I think that's whack, I'm just proposing to extend the season for everybody who isn't in the playoffs but not in an actual playoffs format, so that a team in the loser's bracket can't just get hot in the playoffs and finish ahead of somebody with a better record. This way everything is still based on overall record, just including 3 extra weeks, your way would create an opportunity for teams with worse records to finish "ahead" of teams with better records.

Edit: I think I get what you're suggesting, but I don't think that anybody is asking for that kind of loser's bracket, which is why I made the two options that I did, I didn't mean to snub you, my bad. If anybody else wants this kind of loser's bracket just speak up. This kind of system would also call into question end-of-season seeding though, because if the loser's bracket is some kind of tournament then do we seed according to the outcome of that tournament (and therefore have the potential of teams with worse overall records finishing ahead of teams with better records)?

Vyer

Don't you think this should be settled in a consolation playoffs? And not some mumbo jumbo combining regular season with consolation games to improve your record. I still say the finalists of the consolation should get JL2 with the 2 losers of the first round games in the winners bracket. It gives every consolation team a reason to play week 14 and those that win a reason to play week 15 against the 2 byes(my preference for consolation). Week 16 doesn't matter unless you're tying in the winner to some draft preference over team 8 next year.

I guess I'm not understanding why it's 'Mumbo jumbo'. I see nothing wrong with getting a final ranking once all the games are played. Doesn't effect each league's 'champion' in any way, and keeps consistency throughout the season with AFKs dropped for the next year.

But there's already an incentive for everyone to keep playing, because the final record is what matters, including the loser's bracket, so there's room for 6-10 to all potentially move in or out of JL2 (and if an AFK team like GiLL did make the playoffs then there could be a potential for 5-7 to move in or out of 5, which would get them a spot in JL1 after GiLL got bumped).

What you're proposing is 2 playoffs, and I think that's whack, I'm just proposing to extend the season for everybody who isn't in the playoffs but not in an actual playoffs format, so that a team in the loser's bracket can't just get hot in the playoffs and finish ahead of somebody with a better record. This way everything is still based on overall record, just including 3 extra weeks, your way would create an opportunity for teams with worse records to finish "ahead" of teams with better records.

Edit: I think I get what you're suggesting, but I don't think that anybody is asking for that kind of loser's bracket, which is why I made the two options that I did, I didn't mean to snub you, my bad. If anybody else wants this kind of loser's bracket just speak up. This kind of system would also call into question end-of-season seeding though, because if the loser's bracket is some kind of tournament then do we seed according to the outcome of that tournament (and therefore have the potential of teams with worse overall records finishing ahead of teams with better records)?

That's the whole point of playoffs. To move up by beating the competition. All you are trying to do is make an extra 3 game schedule of the regular season which limits people's upside IMO.

There will most likely be 2 teams with subpar 6-7 records in the championship side. If they win they'd finish "ahead" of the 1st and second place team but have a worse overall record. So I don't get the end of your second paragraph. It's the exact same thing. You're trying to have it both ways. Under your theory if I lose to a 6-7 team I still have a better record overall and I should be in JL1 and not them but that's not what you're doing but rather that's what you want for the consolation. Keep shit uniform dude. You want totally different standards to get into JL1 and JL2. THAT IS WHACK. JL2 is based on overall record while JL1 is who gets lucky in Week 1 of the playoffs. Makes no sense.

You want the best records to fill out JL2 but you don't care about records when it comes to JL1. Make up your mind.

Holy hell, I am so lost right now. What the hell is going on playoff wise, and what is everyone arguing against? Honestly, after looking at some of the posts now I'm all for the KISS approaches now. Just keep the ESPN default settings for everything, and drop the AFK guys later... We'll let ESPN settle everything, and once the season is over we'll look at the standing THEY assign (not sure if it'll be the regular season one or one adding the playoff record), we'll drop the AFK guys and assign next year's JL positions.

Vyer

Holy hell, I am so lost right now. What the hell is going on playoff wise, and what is everyone arguing against? Honestly, after looking at some of the posts now I'm all for the KISS approaches now. Just keep the ESPN default settings for everything, and drop the AFK guys later... We'll let ESPN settle everything, and once the season is over we'll look at the standing THEY assign (not sure if it'll be the regular season one or one adding the playoff record), we'll drop the AFK guys and assign next year's JL positions.

haha, me too.

Arkos

That's the whole point of playoffs. To move up by beating the competition. All you are trying to do is make an extra 3 game schedule of the regular season which limits people's upside IMO.

Exactly! They shouldn't get that upside if they're not in the playoffs

There will most likely be 2 teams with subpar 6-7 records in the championship side. If they win they'd finish "ahead" of the 1st and second place team but have a worse overall record.

That's the rewards of actually making it into the playoffs!

So I don't get the end of your second paragraph. It's the exact same thing. You're trying to have it both ways. Under your theory if I lose to a 6-7 team I still have a better record overall and I should be in JL1 and not them but that's not what you're doing but rather that's what you want for the consolation.

YES that's the whole point, that's how playoffs work, you just have to get in and then you have a chance to succeed, that's the difference between making the playoffs and not

Keep shit uniform dude. You want totally different standards to get into JL1 and JL2. THAT IS WHACK. JL2 is based on overall record while JL1 is who gets lucky in Week 1 of the playoffs. Makes no sense.

That's how playoffs work, again, that's the difference. The people in the playoffs are in the playoffs, and the playoffs will decide the top 4 (JL1) for us. Everybody else is seeded according to record. That's why you play to get into the playoffs.

Also, "gets lucky" in Week 1 of the playoffs? You mean "wins their playoff game"?

You want the best records to fill out JL2 but you don't care about records when it comes to JL1. Make up your mind.

Not true, it's just that, because we have a playoff, those playoffs will determine the top 4. The two people in the championship game and the two people in the 3rd place game. That's it, there's nothing else for me to do as far as ensuring the best records get into JL1.

Edit: this is all just my opinion on the situation I'm proposing, not trying to be rude, hopefully we're getting to understand what the other person is talking about better though lol

haha, me too.

I too advocate a KISS approach, I stated that a couple of pages ago, so we can just go with that. ESPN does have a ladder progression for the loser's bracket, so we'll get to see Acer's approach and then we can decide at the end if people should be ranked going forward based on their overall record or their performance in the "playoffs."

You seem to think the consolation isn't playoffs. If that's the case don't even have them play. The fact is if player A wins a playoff game in consolation he'd be facing someone different the week after then if he were to lose. Thus it's a playoff...just a consolation playoff. Look up any NCAA basketball preseason tourney. The losers aren't playing for a championship but they're still in a playoff setting. Why you keep saying the winners bracket is playoffs and the losers bracket isn't is beyond me. ESPN has it set up so the losers are in a playoff. Winner of game x goes to game y. THAT'S A PLAYOFF!!!

GiLL7486

Neo Member
Sorry I don't see how I AFK'ed 3 times. All I see is the first two weeks my roster hasn't been updated but every week since I have?

I know I've messed up a couple times where someone 'Questionable' or 'Probable' didn't play and I lost points and the time I added a new 'D' team and when they cleared Waivers I forgot to play them.

My Team's Updates

Jayhawk

Sorry I don't see how I AFK'ed 3 times. All I see is the first two weeks my roster hasn't been updated but every week since I have?

I know I've messed up a couple times where someone 'Questionable' or 'Probable' didn't play and I lost points and the time I added a new 'D' team and when they cleared Waivers I forgot to play them.

My Team's Updates

I have no problem with a person setting his lineup on a Thursday like GiLL and unable to do last minute changes on Sunday morning. That feature where it shows team activity is nice.

My Team's Updates
Well that settles it then! And yeah, ESPN sorted everything out. H2H it is! Congrats Gill and Peezy!!!

ibZLookIJcmZb.gif

Arkos

You seem to think the consolation isn't playoffs. If that's the case don't even have them play. The fact is if player A wins a playoff game in consolation he'd be facing someone different the week after then if he were to lose. Thus it's a playoff...just a consolation playoff. Look up any NCAA basketball preseason tourney. The losers aren't playing for a championship but they're still in a playoff setting. Why you keep saying the winners bracket is playoffs and the losers bracket isn't is beyond me. ESPN has it set up so the losers are in a playoff. Winner of game x goes to game y. THAT'S A PLAYOFF!!!

...That's exactly what I was proposing to change about their loser's bracket by reseeding the final week according to overall record rather than ESPN's ladder formula. My idea was to make it more of an extension of the regular season. But whatever, we're going with ESPN now it looks like

My Team's Updates

The weeks I have you AFK for are 5, 7, 8, and 10. But:

I have no problem with a person setting his lineup on a Thursday like GiLL and unable to do last minute changes on Sunday morning. That feature where it shows team activity is nice.

Well that settles it then! And yeah, ESPN sorted everything out. H2H it is! Congrats Gill and Peezy!!!

Lol well okay then :p, sorry you became our "example" for talking about AFK people GiLL, you're far from the worst, just a convenient example that was relevant to the issues we were discussing. Is everybody else cool with this? Nice to see you again either way!

Also WOOT playoffs! Good regular season everybody. Everybody happy with the way the playoffs look? It definitely is head to head tiebreaker, and although I'm still not sure exactly how it works it seems to handle all of the 3+ team tiebreakers nicely. JL1 and JL2 both have 3 teams from each division in the playoffs, and JL3 did end up with 5 teams from the OT (lol). The worst records that made the playoffs are actually the 6-7 teams from JL1. Best record goes to Chip in JL2 and Putin and Gronk in JL3 (11-2). Worst regular season in the league goes to our Team Cooks in JL3 (2-11). I'll see if there's any other interesting stats or anything like that :)

Edit: also GiLL good call on that TranLog (I swear I've been to that website before...) I'll post an AFK update so we can all talk about it, again sorry I always post this bummer or administrative news lately lol.

Arkos

Time for the weekly AFK update, AKA the Bummer Report
this week featuring our special Season Recap Edition
I'll also include the weeks that I have these teams being AFK, so you can go and check on whether or not the AFK's are "legit" or not yourself

JL1:
GiLL x4 (but are we giving GiLL a pass?) 5, 7, 8, 10
Llamas x4 (last activity Nov 9) 6, 8, 11, 12
Ponder x3 (last activity Oct 27) 5, 11, 12

JL2:
Bombers x5 (last activity Nov 12) 4, 8, 9, 10, 12
Team D x7 (last activity Oct 30) 5, 7, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13
Eric y x7 (last activity Sept 24) 5, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13
----------
Doof (11, 12) and Moe Money (12, 13) x2

JL3:
TSF x8 (last activity Oct 13) ?, 5, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13
Taco x3 (last activity Oct 8) 5, 7, 10
Anthrax x5 (last activity Oct 26) 9, 10, 11, 12, 13
----------
Cook x2 (7, 9)

So I'll try to contact any people who only have like 3 or 4 AFK's. Some people are obviously beyond helping (looking at you TSF). What do you guys think about these teams? Any input is appreciated. Also, should I keep up with AFK's through the playoffs? I would probably say yes, especially since we're doing the ladder loser's bracket, but what do you guys think?

Edit:

Also, after just checking your AFK's, two of them have players that are clearly on bye that week, one has no defense at all set, and only one of them seems to be due to gameday decisions. Just fyi.

SleazyC

Had fun playing in JL3 and look forward to whatever next year brings. Here's to having a bye in week 1 and losing in week 2 of the playoffs!

Was scoring across all three leagues the same? If so do I have some minor bragging rights in having the highest points for across the three leagues?

jxt2rUMn6AAul.png

Need something to keep me up when I inevitably lose in the playoffs!

Arkos

Had fun playing in JL3 and look forward to whatever next year brings. Here's to having a bye in week 1 and losing in week 2 of the playoffs!

Was scoring across all three leagues the same? If so do I have some minor bragging rights in having the highest points for across the three leagues?

jxt2rUMn6AAul.png

Need something to keep me up when I inevitably lose in the playoffs!

Lol I'm not sure but I want to say yes? I'll double check it, but we might have our scoring champ here guys :p
(Putin Karate Chop, JL3)

Time for the weekly AFK update, AKA the Bummer Report
this week featuring our special Season Recap Edition
I'll also include the weeks that I have these teams being AFK, so you can go and check on whether or not the AFK's are "legit" or not yourself

JL1:
GiLL x4 (but are we giving GiLL a pass?) 5, 7, 8, 10
Llamas x4 (last activity Nov 9) 6, 8, 11, 12
Ponder x3 (last activity Oct 27) 5, 11, 12

JL2:
Bombers x5 (last activity Nov 12) 4, 8, 9, 10, 12
Team D x7 (last activity Oct 30) 5, 7, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13
Eric y x7 (last activity Sept 24) 5, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13
----------
Doof (11, 12) and Moe Money (12, 13) x2

JL3:
TSF x8 (last activity Oct 13) ?, 5, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13
Taco x3 (last activity Oct 8) 5, 7, 10
Anthrax x5 (last activity Oct 26) 9, 10, 11, 12, 13
----------
Cook x2 (7, 9)

So I'll try to contact any people who only have like 3 or 4 AFK's. Some people are obviously beyond helping (looking at you TSF). What do you guys think about these teams? Any input is appreciated. Also, should I keep up with AFK's through the playoffs? I would probably say yes, especially since we're doing the ladder loser's bracket, but what do you guys think?

I'd still say that if they explain themselves, let them keep their current spot. And as for Gill, it looks like:
- Week 5: changed his lineup that Wednesday, but never put in the Defense he picked up for some reason
- Week 7: changed his lineup that Wednesday, but never took out the Saints D that was on bye that week
- Week 8: changed his lineup that Thursday, but left Spiller and Mendenhall in, who I'm guessing were ruled out that week.
- Week 10: changed his lineup that Tuesday AND declined a trade I sent him, but didn't replace the kicker that was on bye that week.

Also, he didn't touch his lineup until Week 3, but going by that, he just has 2 AFK weeks max and some questionable lineup choices. I'd still say let him into the playoffs, though, and to suggest that he look at his lineup at least once between Thursday and Saturday :lol.

And don't bother keeping up with AFK teams past regular season. Some teams don't really have any reason to bother playing, so there's no reason to penalize them for not participating in the consolidation ladder. I don't think I've EVER seen anyone in my years of playing bother once they've lost or didn't make the playoffs. Hell I've even seen the game between 3rd and 4th place in the Superbowl be between 2 AFK teams

Edit:
Lol I'm not sure but I want to say yes? I'll double check it, but we might have our scoring champ here guys :p
(Putin Karate Chop, JL3)

Yep, he beat SHP (1550.7 points) and The Rooks (1559 points), so he'd win! Although I thought the trophy was for each league, so all 3 teams would get it...

Jayhawk

Team GiLL's lack of defense on week five was explained by him forgetting to activate the Saints D after picking them up off waivers. The waiver wait is what hurt him. Even though he set his lineup for week seven, he still had his D on bye. He seems to have played injured players on week eight, even though he set his lineup on Thursday. He forgot to pick up a kicker on week nine, but still set his lineup that week. Sometimes that could be because he didn't want to drop any of his depth RBs/WRs, but I doubt it. I employ that strategy sometimes for a DEF or K bye if my depth is too good to drop.

EDIT: I didn't notice that you already mentioned the same information above, youngplaya21. Whoops.

Arkos

I'd still say that if they explain themselves, let them keep their current spot.

Word, I definitely don't want to kick people out. Do other people agree with this?

And as for Gill, it looks like:
- Week 5: changed his lineup that Wednesday, but never put in the Defense he picked up for some reason
- Week 7: changed his lineup that Wednesday, but never took out the Saints D that was on bye that week
- Week 8: changed his lineup that Thursday, but left Spiller and Mendenhall in, who I'm guessing were ruled out that week.
- Week 10: changed his lineup that Tuesday AND declined a trade I sent him, but didn't replace the kicker that was on bye that week.

Yeah I meant to point that out, Weeks 7 and 10 seem like AFK's (unless he was being strategically AFK like Jayhawk suggested), but week 5 he explained and week 8 were both Sunday decisions, and you two said you were cool with people being AFK due to that (which I question, but ok :p), but so then you subtract week 5 and 8 and it's only 2 AFK's so it would be okay.

And don't bother keeping up with AFK teams past regular season. Some teams don't really have any reason to bother playing, so there's no reason to penalize them for not participating in the consolidation ladder.

I understand this and agree with it somewhat, but if you look at the trend of AFK's that we're already penalizing people for, you could argue that a number of them were people in the bottom of the league who felt like they "don't really have any reason to bother playing" because they couldn't make the playoffs or whatever. So there is that question that I thought of. But if everybody agrees, then that's totally fine, what does everybody say?

I don't think I've EVER seen anyone in my years of playing bother once they've lost or didn't make the playoffs. Hell I've even seen the game between 3rd and 4th place in the Superbowl be between 2 AFK teams

Yeah I know, but that's why I've been paying so much attention to this is because I've had the exact same experience and I was trying to help give people a reason to keep playing because some of us on the loser's side still want to play :( And even if I were in the playoffs there would be other people on the loser's side that want to play, so I tried to think of a way to keep people involved while providing as little possibility that a loser's bracket would actually "mess up" the standings as far as people who had earned their playoff spot are concerned.

Edit: also, I thought that would be one of the benefits of having promotion and relegation (that it would make it easier for those last games to matter somewhat for the loser's bracket as well)

But you're exactly right lol, so if everybody feels this way then I definitely won't count them in the playoffs

Yep, he beat SHP (1550.7 points) and The Rooks (1559 points), so he'd win! Although I thought the trophy was for each league, so all 3 teams would get it...

Haha as I'm sure you've noticed I've long since gave up on most of the trophies because it became more time consuming to keep up with AFK's (and it was time consuming in the first place with so many trophies, and the AFK's were kind of deflating also), so we can "award" our own trophies in here or whatever, I'll streamline and standardize the trophies next year, sorry that I wasn't able to keep up with it. I will, of course, award all of the end of the year trophies (the important ones) :p

Edit: and oh man at the beginning of the season I wouldn't have believed that there was any way you could not win the scoring title and have the best record lol, rough second half I guess

Jayhawk

Yeah I meant to point that out, Weeks 7 and 10 seem like AFK's (unless he was being strategically AFK like Jayhawk suggested), but week 5 he explained and week 8 were both Sunday decisions, and you two said you were cool with people being AFK due to that (which I question, but ok :p), but so then you subtract week 5 and 8 and it's only 2 AFK's so it would be okay.

Hard to complain about somebody for being unable to make last minute changes Sunday morning/lunch a couple of times. I know I've had to go out for family lunches and such on a Sunday, and couldn't start/sit any players based on game-time decision injuries.

Arkos

Hard to complain about somebody for being unable to make last minute changes Sunday morning/lunch a couple of times. I know I've had to go out for family lunches and such on a Sunday, and couldn't start/sit any players based on game-time decision injuries.

Word, that sounds good to me. Maybe I'm just used to always having the app on my phone and checking it around noon lol.

On a happier note, I figured I would trot this out. The plaques are all ready for their inscription:
2cuzVVf.png

I figured this year we could put all 3 names on the trophy, and from there on out only the premiere league gets the Lore. And I also figured I'd let the champions photoshop their own name on the trophy if they want, ala the League :p Also, if anybody can change the "Shiva" to "Lore," that would be pretty funny, if I tried it would just look stupid. How do you like the look? Don't worry I can change it if you like.

Edit: and oh man at the beginning of the season I wouldn't have believed that there was any way you could not win the scoring title and have the best record lol, rough second half I guess
I still got 2nd with 1505 points, so I didn't do too bad. I just had terrible luck with match ups: guess it's true that it's better to be lucky than good. It's also weird that I'm 5-1 at home and 1-6 away, although that literally shouldn't affect anything

And I really gotta watch the League

Vyer

I have no problem with giving GiLL a pass if you guys feel there are legitimate reasons. However I think the effort to stick with AFK rule should be made now and going forward, otherwise it's pretty useless. Having active players involved all year is a goal particularly if this is something continuing rather than just what you'd see when joining a random 1 year public league or something.

I also think it should be counted through the whole season. Keeps it consistent with the conversation of the last few pages.

Arkos

I have no problem with giving GiLL a pass if you guys feel there are legitimate reasons. However I think the effort to stick with AFK rule should be made now and going forward, otherwise it's pretty useless. Having active players involved all year is a goal particularly if this is something continuing rather than just what you'd see when joining a random 1 year public league or something.

I also think it should be counted through the whole season. Keeps it consistent with the conversation of the last few pages.

You mean keep up with it through the playoffs right? I am on this side, but is that what you're saying?

And I agree with you that a clear rule needs to be made, maybe next season we could have something like 3-4 AFKs is out but still eligible to appeal, 5+ is absolutely out? GiLL did seem to have valid reasons (aka he wasn't just ignoring everything for 4 weeks), but we also do need a clear and firm rule so that we don't waste time debating it every year. What do you all think?

(I'd have set a clearer rule but this season is, in part, a test run and I wanted to see what everybody thought the rule should be once we saw how many AFKs we ended up having)

You mean keep up with it through the playoffs right? I am on this side, but is that what you're saying?

And I agree with you that a clear rule needs to be made, maybe next season we could have something like 3-4 AFKs is out but still eligible to appeal, 5+ is absolutely out? GiLL did seem to have valid reasons (aka he wasn't just ignoring everything for 4 weeks), but we also do need a clear and firm rule so that we don't waste time debating it every year. What do you all think?

(I'd have set a clearer rule but this season is, in part, a test run and I wanted to see what everybody thought the rule should be once we saw how many AFKs we ended up having)
I'm still all for 3+ AFK weeks and you're out, but if they have a decent excuse then we can forgive a few. It would be good to have a rule where if you have 5+, you're out no matter what the excuse is, though. If you have THAT many excuses, then you'd be better off not playing FF to begin with.

And if y'all think the AFK should be extended to playoffs, that's fine with me. It'll be a lot harder to check AFK stems since they're aren't any byes and the "couldn't switch players out in time" excuse could still work, so I didn't think it was worth attempting anyways

Arkos

JL3 ended up being very lopsided. I'm the only person from my division to make the playoffs.

Ultimate champion right here. Hats off to Bad with Names for playing it out. Now you've just gotta go on a run in the playoffs :p Sorry your division ended up being kind of weak

Arkos

Gill showed up halfway through the draft. The details of things don't seem to matter to the guy at all.

I agree with this. GiLL, you have to keep up with shit more if you're going to potentially be in JL1 next year. This is srs bznss. If you're not interested enough to keep up with stuff or you don't have time to make sure that your have a full lineup every week then that's okay, but that's not really what this league needs. Edit: This applies to all AFK people, not just GiLL

Edit: As of now I have sent out emails asking for explanations from or providing reminders to all of the AFK people except for Team D, Team eric y, TSF, and Anthrax. If these people happen to come into this thread, read this, and want to appeal, then they can, but judging from past behavior it doesn't seem like that will happen.

Gill showed up halfway through the draft. The details of things don't seem to matter to the guy at all.

Jeez, man... Does he have the time to be playing FF??? That, along with the problem to begin with kinda has me worried. Doesn't help that he only posted in this thread twice since joining, both to apologize for something. Is he even going to be competition against possibly the best of the best next year, or a bye week waiting to happen?

Arkos

Jeez, man... Does he have the time to be playing FF??? That, along with the problem to begin with kinda has me worried. Doesn't help that he only posted in this thread twice since joining, both to apologize for something. Is he even going to be competition against possibly the best of the best next year, or a bye week waiting to happen?

I PM'ed him like an hour ago asking exactly this, so I'll keep you updated when he replies (or you'll see if he posts in the thread first). I wasn't wary for no reason though :p

Edit: remember even if you're going to end up in JL3 next year you still have just as much say in how everything works as everybody else

Which one to start this weekend?

Ryan Mathews or Donald Brown?

I'm thinking Ryan Mathews. He's been on a slight upswing, playing the Giants, and I don't think I've seen enough from DB to be convinced he can produce against a tought Bengals D.

Which one to start this weekend?

Ryan Mathews or Donald Brown?

I'm thinking Ryan Mathews. He's been on a slight upswing, playing the Giants, and I don't think I've seen enough from DB to be convinced he can produce against a tought Bengals D.

Definitely Matthews, although neither really inspires confidence

Arkos

Definitely Matthews, although neither really inspires confidence

Lol I'm going to agree with this, sounds like my typical fantasy choices. But definitely Matthews

I will also point out to everybody that OJ has been around the thread all season: I think we have our first new member for next year if he's interested :p

Lol I'm going to agree with this, sounds like my typical fantasy choices. But definitely Matthews

I will also point out to everybody that OJ has been around the thread all season: I think we have our first new member for next year if he's interested :p

I agree. It's a crappy choice, but it's for my flex spot..Other options I have are: Harry Douglas (screw him..I've used him time and time again and he does really nothing), J. Boykin (no way without Rodgers, and even with him it's iffy), and A. Ellington (I still think he'll be a monster, just not this year). I don't think any of these guys really count, so it's down to brown and mathews..Mathews it is.

I'd be happy too. I've done FF for quite some time (my first draft ever was with some buddies and I picked Marino and Sterling Sharpe as my first two picks..olol). This year I'm doing 8 free leagues through ESPN just for fun and one big boy keeper/dynasty league ($200 pay in). If I win this weekend in the keeper league, I'm guaranteed some cash...If I don't, I might as well have finished last and gotten a good draft pick for next year..olol. Thanks for the offer.

Arkos

I agree. It's a crappy choice, but it's for my flex spot..Other options I have are: Harry Douglas (screw him..I've used him time and time again and he does really nothing), J. Boykin (no way without Rodgers, and even with him it's iffy), and A. Ellington (I still think he'll be a monster, just not this year). I don't think any of these guys really count, so it's down to brown and mathews..Mathews it is.

I'd be happy too. I've done FF for quite some time (my first draft ever was with some buddies and I picked Marino and Sterling Sharpe as my first two picks..olol). This year I'm doing 8 free leagues through ESPN just for fun and one big boy keeper/dynasty league ($200 pay in). If I win this weekend in the keeper league, I'm guaranteed some cash...If I don't, I might as well have finished last and gotten a good draft pick for next year..olol. Thanks for the offer.

h66B3FD95

If you're cool with entering in JL3 with all the other new blood and working your way up, then we'd love to have you I think (only requirement is setting your lineup every week lol). In GJL, you'd still have a couple of meaningful games ahead of you! :p And the top 4 teams of JL2 and JL3 move up, so you'd have plenty of room to advance.

Good luck in your money games and consider yourself first in line when we make the league next year, I'll write your name down.

Vyer

I really got to try a big money league one year. I would have tried GAF's but at the time I thought I'd be in too many leagues. Of course one of them ended up dropping but by then it was too late to grab that last spot.

Then again, maybe the added stress of $$$ wouldn't be a good idea anyway.... lol

h66B3FD95

If you're cool with entering in JL3 with all the other new blood and working your way up, then we'd love to have you I think (only requirement is setting your lineup every week lol). In GJL, you'd still have a couple of meaningful games ahead of you! :p And the top 4 teams of JL2 and JL3 move up, so you'd have plenty of room to advance.

Good luck in your money games and consider yourself first in line when we make the league next year, I'll write your name down.

Cool..I'll try to familiarize myself with how the multiple league/tier thing works, but setting a current lineup is a pretty low bar for expectations I'm confident I can meet and exceed. In free leagues a lot of people dropout because it's free, but even if you win, it's still free. Free league should equal just for fun league, but some people can't even take losing when it means just as much as winning.

Arkos

I really got to try a big money league one year. I would have tried GAF's but at the time I thought I'd be in too many leagues. Of course one of them ended up dropping but by then it was too late to grab that last spot.

Then again, maybe the added stress of $$$ wouldn't be a good idea anyway.... lol

Only Goodell Forgives, 5-8
Sorry I had to :p I don't play in money leagues for a reason lol

Arkos

Cool..I'll try to familiarize myself with how the multiple league/tier thing works, but setting a current lineup is a pretty low bar for expectations I'm confident I can meet and exceed. In free leagues a lot of people dropout because it's free, but even if you win, it's still free. Free league should equal just for fun league, but some people can't even take losing when it means just as much as winning.

You will fit right in here :p

I'm with you on that. I've been trying to get into a $$$ league for years now, to no avail

Jayhawk

The only money league I've been joining is one at work with a bunch of amateurs! I've basically been taking their money with my easy wins.

Ferny

So I don't post here as often as I used to because I'm in ten total leagues and that was a bad choice! Managing different rosters and having to deal with Thursday games every week in each with waiver wire suuuuuucckks. I'll just put my two cents on a couple things that may or may not have been finalized just yet.

Playoffs: We may as well just let ESPN handle it. Doing it any other way gets a little tricky and may be unfair in certain situations.

AFK: Since we never really had a AFK rule to begin with, we can enfore it somewhat this season, but I think next season we should just create a hard rule and stick to that. I also think playoffs shouldn't count for it. Like someone already said, most people that don't have a top spot don't really count.

Good luck to everyone in the playoffs!

Arkos

Edit:^^ nice to see ya Ferny, thanks for the input

Hi everybody, GiLL has responded and he seems contrite and srs, and we have worse AFK people honestly lol. I give him my vote at least, he wants to play and promises to do better next year

I do agree that AFK rule should only apply to regular season. Especially during the holidays, it might be difficult to check the roster the night before/morning of......and there's not a whole lot of motivation to do so if you can't win anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom