• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF Justice League (F2P Fantasy Football) 2014 |OT| Now with tiers! Still with tears

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jayhawk

I'm expecting Tannehill to get the points for him. After that 5 game losing streak, I am pleased with not being demoted to GJL2.

(GJL3) dammitmattt lives!!! stole the #2 seed and automatic promotion/bye from Kelika Beasts by 0.24 overall Points For. They have the same division record. dammitmattt came in 43.22 points behind with the same 9-3 overall record. They both won this week but dammitmatt scored 43.46 more points than Kelika. After playing an entire year it's crazy it came down to something like less than 3 rushing/receiving yards between being #2 and #3.

Omega

Banned
i just wanna say fuck DeAndre Hopkins. eat a dick sir. in fact, eat a bag of em. Peyton Manning as well.

12 points..who is he, RG3? what a bum, its not even playoffs yet.

Lamar Miller will be my favorite player ever in any sport if he gets me 36 points tomorrow. Jamaal Charles got me 52 last year so anything is possible..

So it's looking like Chip United (Notrollious), Corporate Peezy (Future Foundation), Putin Karate Chops (SleazyC), and 50 Shades of Forte (lastflowers) are all being demoted to GJL2.

Also looking like Stupendous Men (Arkos :( ), Jammy Gits (Jamie OD), Stonking Great Hits (Clobersaurus), and Sangreal's Team (sangreal) are GJL3 bound

UberTag

I love how active you guys are when it comes to in-season league fantasy discussion.
The tiered format seems compelling as well.

I love how active you guys are when it comes to in-season league fantasy discussion.
The tiered format seems compelling as well.

We do what we can: we're just a bunch of guys that can never get in any of the other fantasy leagues on GAF lol. All of the credit goes to Arkos (when he returns) for starting all of this

Mo Honey wins...kept out of playoffs by his point reduction against me a few weeks back giving me the win. I still would have made it if Mo Honey had won that game...sorry dude.

I would have barely gotten in had I played Ivory instead of picking up Fleener for my Flex this week. 20.5 reduction difference(IFleener to Ivory)...was up 64.5 on SHP in total points. Minus 62.5 or so this week(non-Fleener universe)...would have beaten SHP by 2 points for the last spot had FGWP beaten MH and I had played Ivory instead of Fleener. Also had I lost this week...which I didn't but would have had I played Ivory instead of Fleener.

Looks like I'm the 4th seed and play BT. BBR vs. SHP.

Is there reranking of the seeds after the first 2 playoff games? Does Gordamn(1) get the lower seed(low being 6...high being 1) or the winner of the 4/5 game?

Who lost .3 points for Mo Honey when his win turned into a loss against me? Had SHP and I played the same lineups...as I said before...I'd squeak by with a 2 point advantage over SHP.

Had I beaten BT and not lost by less than a point...I'd have the bye as well. So many different possible what ifs looking back. Could have easily lost to Chip United...just won by less than a point. Been in 3 games decided by less than a point...went 2-1.

SHP also beat Chip United by less than a point. Turn that outcome around and SHP is not in the playoffs. Man...totally crazy. So close Chip United...you could have been 7-6.

DarkFlow

Banned
Yay I made the playoffs with a 6-7 record. Glad I scored 180 points that one week. My team is the definition of boom or bust, so let's hope it's boom for 3 weeks.

Also I thought we were killing the other playoff bracket, how are waivers going to work now. I don't want to be vultured for guys by people who are already out.

Vyer

Closed the regular season with a 7 game winning streak, got the 1st place bye.

feelsgoodman

Going to be a little weird sitting a week out.

Closed the regular season with a 7 game winning streak, got the 1st place bye.

feelsgoodman

Going to be a little weird sitting a week out.

Yeah, I'm the #1 seed in GJL3 but my team is projected for 130 points, the highest in the league. So it's sad seeing those points just disappear but since anything can happen now I'll take the bye and promotion over my own presumption.

This will probably be the week Cutler stops being terrible.

Yay I made the playoffs with a 6-7 record. Glad I scored 180 points that one week. My team is the definition of boom or bust, so let's hope it's boom for 3 weeks.

Also I thought we were killing the other playoff bracket, how are waivers going to work now. I don't want to be vultured for guys by people who are already out.
We may do it like most leagues and just lock the waivers. That way only those who are in the playoffs can pick people up

Had I beaten BT and not lost by less than a point...I'd have the bye as well. So many different possible what ifs looking back. Could have easily lost to Chip United...just won by less than a point. Been in 3 games decided by less than a point...went 2-1.

SHP also beat Chip United by less than a point. Turn that outcome around and SHP is not in the playoffs. Man...totally crazy. So close Chip United...you could have been 7-6.

yeah i was almost ready to give up on anything fantasy sports related after those two shit weeks too. fuckin bullshit to lose by less than 1 point 2 weeks in a row.

Ah well. could be worse I guess...

ccbfan

Yeah, I'm the #1 seed in GJL3 but my team is projected for 130 points, the highest in the league. So it's sad seeing those points just disappear but since anything can happen now I'll take the bye and promotion over my own presumption.

This will probably be the week Cutler stops being terrible.

Don't get too cocky.

I should be 10-3 going by projections.

Also I'm projected to get the most points this week among the playoff teams (strange for a 6 seed). I have 0 confidence I'm going to win this.

I'm not sure if its terrible luck or just terrible job by yahoo with projections but I'm

4-9 vs projections and my opponent is 10-3 versus projection.

So if anyone from the other leagues have the same players as the ones my opponent is starting? BE sure to start them cause they will have an epic week. Also, I'm starting crabtree this weeks so he's guaranteed under 5 points.

R. Jennings is questionable...was set to be high point man for this week(120) but not now as I moved Gore into RB and Fleener into Flex. The Bears 4-some I have has to do better than 48 points(what they did last week) this week as well.

Question about GJL2 schedules.

When the league was created and the divisions were set, were the schedules automatically created or individually assigned?

I only ask because in my keeper league for next year, we're considering setting two divisions and the commissioner was wondering how the scheduling is done. I liked how it had everyone play everyone once, and the two additional games were in your division.

So it's looking like Chip United (Notrollious), Corporate Peezy (Future Foundation), Putin Karate Chops (SleazyC), and 50 Shades of Forte (lastflowers) are all being demoted to GJL2.

Also looking like Stupendous Men (Arkos :( ), Jammy Gits (Jamie OD), Stonking Great Hits (Clobersaurus), and Sangreal's Team (sangreal) are GJL3 bound

yep yep :(

Question about GJL2 schedules.

When the league was created and the divisions were set, were the schedules automatically created or individually assigned?

I only ask because in my keeper league for next year, we're considering setting two divisions and the commissioner was wondering how the scheduling is done. I liked how it had everyone play everyone once, and the two additional games were in your division.
For GJLP at least, it was automatically assigned

For GJLP at least, it was automatically assigned

Something should be done with the scheduling. I didn't even play Gordamn, the best team in the regular season...I could be in the playoffs because of it.

I'd favor a 14 week season with 3 divisions of 4 teams each. Play division twice(6 games) and the other teams once(8 games). That of course would eliminate a week of the playoffs(thus reducing the teams from 6 to 4(3 division winners and one wild card) or make it so you have to play week 17 when teams could be resting starters for the playoffs...but I think either of those options would be better than the current schedule.

DarkFlow

Banned
Something should be done with the scheduling. I didn't even play Gordamn, the best team in the regular season...I could be in the playoffs because of it.

I'd favor a 14 week season with 3 divisions of 4 teams each. Play division twice(6 games and the other teams once(8 games). That of course would eliminate a week of the playoffs(thus reducing the teams from 6 to 4(3 division winners and one wild card) or make it so you have to play week 17 when teams could be resting starters for the playoffs...but I think either of those options would be better than the current schedule.

We played everyone at least once in 2. That schedule was fine, yours seems needlessly complex.

Wow, I didn't notice that. I always thought everyone played each other at least once. That's pretty wack.

Nope...I got, in hindsight, an easier schedule. Think before the season started I thought I read something saying I have the toughest or one of the toughest in the league...but I didn't even play the best team.

Nope...I got, in hindsight, an easier schedule. Think before the season started I thought I read something saying I have the toughest or one of the toughest in the league...but I didn't even play the best team.
Does it really matter if you play everyone? Think they did the schedule so you play everyone in your division twice first and foremost. That matters more since the division leader tie breaker is the actual division record

Does it really matter if you play everyone? Think they did the schedule so you play everyone in your division twice first and foremost. That matters more since the division leader tie breaker is the actual division record

But I didn't play everyone in the division twice.

I played 4 of the 5 opponents in the division twice(8 games). BT from the division once. Played 4 teams from the other division once. I did not play Gordamn or 50 Shades of Forte.

If you offset it to 10 divisional games and 3 random games(you could still get an easy schedule, oh well) from the other division...that's great. That's not what I played though. I only had 9 divisional games instead of 10.

I think the 3 division scenario, as mentioned above, where you eliminate 2 playoffs teams and still have it end week 16 is the best scenario. It's the fairest schedule at least. The whole end of the season becomes a playoff type atmosphere with many teams trying to nab that last wild card spot.

I'd favor a 14 week season with 3 divisions of 4 teams each. Play division twice(6 games) and the other teams once(8 games). That of course would eliminate a week of the playoffs(thus reducing the teams from 6 to 4(3 division winners and one wild card) or make it so you have to play week 17 when teams could be resting starters for the playoffs...but I think either of those options would be better than the current schedule.

But I didn't play everyone in the division twice.

I played 4 of the 5 opponents in the division twice(8 games). BT from the division once. Played 4 teams from the other division once. I did not play Gordamn or 50 Shades of Forte.

If you offset it to 10 divisional games and 3 random games(you could still get an easy schedule, oh well) from the other division...that's great. That's not what I played though. I only had 9 divisional games instead of 10.

I think the 3 division scenario, as mentioned above, where you eliminate 2 playoffs teams and still have it end week 16 is the best scenario. It's the fairest schedule at least. The whole end of the season becomes a playoff type atmosphere with many teams trying to nab that last wild card spot.
I get what you're saying, but your suggestion is simply bad. At worst, we could change it so you play two less division games but play everyone, but then being fair could come into argument regarding the two teams you play twice. I'm down for that next year, but I honestly don't care enough to get any more in depth than that. That's just unnecessary work for no reason other than to do it

What's your deal with how Yahoo does things, anyways? You were harping on their DEF points earlier, and now how they do their scheduling? You're trying to reinvent the fantasy rules that no one else seems to have a problem with. I'm still with the rule I stated before: unless the majority complains about it, we'll trust that Yahoo knows what they're doing

Jayhawk

It's hard to make complaints about competitive balance in a short season schedule when every team's point variance from week-to-week can get pretty large. There is a lot of luck involved in fantasy football scheduling, and it cannot be avoided. Needlessly complicating the schedule adds little value. If you wanted a completely fair system, you'd be facing every team every week, but that approach is less appealing and less personal.

Mazre

Heads up for GJL2 commish, Rabid Lobsters (me) will be on business travel the next 2 weeks. I should be able to set my lineup but if things get busy I might not. Good luck to everyone in GJL2 playoffs, it's been a fun season.

DarkFlow

Banned
Heads up for GJL2 commish, Rabid Lobsters (me) will be on business travel the next 2 weeks. I should be able to set my lineup but if things get busy I might not. Good luck to everyone in GJL2 playoffs, it's been a fun season.

Well, could you drop Donte Moncrief then that you vultured from me. :p

I get what you're saying, but your suggestion is simply bad. At worst, we could change it so you play two less division games but play everyone, but then being fair could come into argument regarding the two teams you play twice. I'm down for that next year, but I honestly don't care enough to get any more in depth than that. That's just unnecessary work for no reason other than to do it

What's your deal with how Yahoo does things, anyways? You were harping on their DEF points earlier, and now how they do their scheduling? You're trying to reinvent the fantasy rules that no one else seems to have a problem with. I'm still with the rule I stated before: unless the majority complains about it, we'll trust that Yahoo knows what they're doing

Points were scored against someone's Defense/Special Teams but didn't count in the Yahoo scoring sheet for whatever reason. That's a legitimate gripe. The difference would have swung that game(from your win to loss) from having scored 31 points against to 35+. Do you really want to go over that again? Others noted the inconsistency in how some other leagues they were in calculated the Special Teams touchdown as points against that Defense/Special Teams...as they should have. If your special teams gives up points, just like your defense does...that should count against your D/ST points scored on.

You noted before how the division matters yet I didn't even play BT twice, in my division. At the least, since it seems you're not messing with anything, you should have two times for each division opponent and 3 games against the other division. I can live with that.

Demarco is off to a great start with 15 points already, too bad he's my only constant scorer.

Holy shit, did you really start 5 bears? Are you insane?

4...and I have been the entire season unless they've been questionable to play. Glad to see they got their asses in gear. Looks like Marshall is hurt though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom