• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game Director Says Project Cars 2 on XB1X Looks Significantly Better than on PS4 Pro

Now that I have an Xbox One X ordered, it's nice to have a choice. Now I buy most multiplatform games for my PS4 Pro, could be a different story starting this november.

I hope its not TOO much better looking, I just bought a G29 steering wheel for my Pro and don't want to have to buy a G290 for my 1X also :(

Great to see the SM studios actually utilising the hardware. As someone who plays all multiplats on Xbox I want to see more devs harnessing the power of the 1X.
Even with the tons of sarcasm and toxic trolling in here; it's always good to hear some devs aren't limiting hardware
This. I can't wait to the see the improvements to halo 5, Witcher 3 and Doom.

Yeah, there would only be a story here if it wasn't.

But I guess its good to see devs on board with putting that extra power to use, and/or that its easy enough to utilize.

Well yeah, it will look better. How significant will be in the eye of the beholder I suppose. Better res and a few more effects maybe

Wereroku

This is going to be the case from now on unless the studio pulls a Destiny and has parity across all platforms. Though are they doing that for Destiny 2 as well?

Jesus christ you'd have to be a complete sucker to give in to that bullshit.This is why I only buy racing wheels for PC first.

The G29 is also a PC wheel so I'm not sure what you are trying to say. The problem is that I don't think there is a PS4/XBO wheel.

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
12zy1o.jpg

Lol yall funny. Sometime will say XB1X and Pro are the same. Dev say its difference, all the sudden its gospel in this instance.

Lol, came to post this. The narrative in many topics is that games will look extremely similar between XB1X and PS4P and that you won't see too much of a difference between them for x y z reason(s), but then this developer says there is a significant, noticable difference and suddenly it's expected (and blasphemous to even utter such a captain obvious statement).

amdb00mer

I'd like to see DF do an XB1 vs XB1X comparison.

They will. The comparison videos may take longer, as soon they will need to compare X1S/PS4/PS4Pro/X1X/PC. Just typing that out makes me realize how much effort they will have to put into proper analysis videos.

snitsky

PS4 is significantly more powerful than Xbone and outside of resolution I don't see much difference in the vast majority of games. The same can be said for PS4 Pro to PS4.

So I guess I'll have to wait and See, but I don't expect much other than resolution and a few extra effects here and there.

Feels like you can only count on smallers devs to make statement like this anymore. No fucks given about bad PR or potential reduced sales of the PS4 version. In the end I just hope the game looks good on a base PS4 cause that's the strongest console that I own.

RootCause

Lol, came to post this. The narrative in many topics is that games will look extremely similar between XB1X and PS4P and that you won't see too much of a difference between them for x y z reason(s), but then this developer says there is a significant, noticable difference and suddenly it's expected (and blasphemous to even utter such a captain obvious statement).
There are a lot of users in neogaf.
Some, think the difference will be small, others think it will be big. Not hard to understand.

amdb00mer

I hope its not TOO much better looking, I just bought a G29 steering wheel for my Pro and don't want to have to buy a G290 for my 1X also :(

Get a Cronusmax.

Yes, the Cronusmax is great. They even have an updated version coming out soon that will support the Xbox One wireless adapter and the new Xbox One controllers via Bluetooth. I just hope they add support for using headphones plugged into the controller's 3.5mm port. This feature does not work on the current model.

Dinjooh

It's almost like there's several thousand people posting here.

For some the difference between 1800p and 2160p is massive, and for others like me I barely care about the 900p and 1080p difference.

A stable framerate though, mhmm..

It's almost like there's several thousand people posting here.

For some the difference between 1800p and 2160p is massive, and for others like me I barely care about the 900p and 1080p difference.

A stable framerate though, mhmm..

You know what I mean.

Anyway, I agree that better FPS, anti-aliasing and other things are more desirable than higher resolution. Seems like the Xbox 1X can have both, though.

MilkyJoe

Just tell me that the sequel feels much better when played on a controller and I'm in.

Back when the original came out someone posted optimal controller settings and it was absolutely fine with those settings, just beggars belief it wasn't burnt in on release.

Although this is not shocking news, there have been plenty of people posting how they think the Xbox X is not much more powerfull than the Pro.

THE:MILKMAN

PS4 is significantly more powerful than Xbone and outside of resolution I don't see much difference in the vast majority of games. The same can be said for PS4 Pro to PS4.

So I guess I'll have to wait and See, but I don't expect much other than resolution and a few extra effects here and there.

Yep, agreed. 1.8TF > 4.2TF is a bigger jump than 4.2TF > 6TF and from the Pro versions I've looked at via DF comparison videos, the difference is pretty small/subtle.

If One X games do show a much greater difference over One than PS4>Pro then questions will need to be asked.

cakely

Lol yall funny. Sometime will say XB1X and Pro are the same. Dev say its difference, all the sudden its gospel in this instance.

No one is saying Project Cars 2 will look the same on the PS4P and the XBX.

Save your outrage for another thread.

thelastword

Banned
The thread title is significantly more exaggerated in tone than what the developer actually said though.....He himself does not even know what the improvements will be, but anybody would be able to make that call..any day of the week though....At this point, I'm not even sure these guys are running an XBONEX version of the game tbh...So it's more expectations on the better hardware, not that they're running a much better version on XBONEX right now, as the title implies...

So yes, we expect PS4 to have an edge over XB1, PS4 PRO over Vanilla PS4 and XBONEX over PS4PRO...How significant the upgrades can only be dissected in comparisons and how significant the difference will vary from title to title....

MilkyJoe

Yep, agreed. 1.8TF > 4.2TF is a bigger jump than 4.2TF > 6TF and from the Pro versions I've looked at via DF comparison videos, the difference is pretty small/subtle.

If One X games do show a much greater difference over One than PS4>Pro then questions will need to be asked.

Shouldn't you be measuring 1.8 to 6 there? You've literally got a whole PS4 worth of power to play with here.

thelastword

Banned
With 40% more power I would certainly expect it to look significantly better.
Just as significant as the diivde between PS4 and XB1 I imagine..... ;)

Having said that, I do expect checkerboard rendering will narrow the gap somewhat between xbonex and pro, since many can't tell the difference between native and CB 4k..

Falchion

I'm glad they're tweaking the game for each platform instead of just trying to get parity between the Pro and X.

HardRojo

Just like it was surprising when a game ran better on OG XBO than on base PS4, it would be surprising if this ran better on Pro than on XBOX.

Top Bottom