• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game Director Says Project Cars 2 on XB1X Looks Significantly Better than on PS4 Pro

FZW

Why are people expecting Xboxx to have better loading times with that 5400rpm spinner still in there shitting the bed. Least they could have done is put a 2tb in there for the bigger platter like my Xbox one s has, or even better a 7200rpm or hybrid. That hdd is kind of a joke for a $500 console. I'm guessing you still can't even replace it like you can with ps4?

Either way my guess is this is going to boil down to native 4k vs checkerboard or 1440p or 1800p, which honestly in a living room setting isn't really that significant.

Because the XBX has 12GB of ram (with higher bandwidth) as opposed to 8GB of the other consoles. Most games will even use the extra memory for cache.

Also if they are running games from an external 7200 rpm (or even SSD) the bandwidth is much greater. No, you can't replace the drive cause its much better to just plug an external in there anyway.

Why are people expecting Xboxx to have better loading times with that 5400rpm spinner still in there shitting the bed. Least they could have done is put a 2tb in there for the bigger platter like my Xbox one s has, or even better a 7200rpm or hybrid. That hdd is kind of a joke for a $500 console. I'm guessing you still can't even replace it like you can with ps4?

Either way my guess is this is going to boil down to native 4k vs checkerboard or 1440p or 1800p, which honestly in a living room setting isn't really that significant.

You have no idea what you're talking about.

Edit: beaten

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
Ofcourse it runs better on the newer tech...
The xbox one x beats the pro in every department.

Well besides exclusive games ..

And guess what.. the playstation 5 will run it even better 🤔

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
It would be surprising if the stronger hardware isn't able to run the game better.

Par for course.

I don't find this game directors comments surprising, but I've seen a lot of discussion over the last year regarding the extent developers will put additional resources into the 1X version in order to make it stand out from the PS4P. With many people citing how often parity is presented for PS4/XB1, and the relatively small userbase the 1X will have.

My expectation is that the differences between 1X and PS4P versions of games will be greater than we currently see between PS4 and the Xbox One.

It should be, because it's a bigger gap in hardware vs the previous. But parity is the new fad. I fully expect some devs to gimp games, like they did the PS4.

OsirisBlack

Banned
In other related news, water is wet.

Seriously does anyone expect a more powerful machine to not run a game significantly better? These types of comments always seem like console war fuel to me, it's like saying a 1080ti is better than a 980 ..... no shit

c0de

Ofcourse it runs better on the newer tech...
The xbox one x beats the pro in every department.

Well besides exclusive games ..

And guess what.. the playstation 5 will run it even better 🤔

You think they'll release the game also for ps5?

RootCause

This parity talk is suspect. What dev would purposely make one of their games look worse, and catch some heat just to protect some internet warriors.

Seriously does anyone expect a more powerful machine to not run a game significantly better? These types of comments always seem like console war fuel to me, it's like saying a 1080ti is better than a 980 ..... no shit
Because that's what it really is.

Because that's what it really is

So this developer is trying to entice console warzzz just because his statement (which you claim is as obvious as water is wet, despite posts in this very thread showing people still think otherwise) makes you noticeably annoyed?

Okay.gif

Hmm, who to give the benefit of the doubt...a developer working on his game, or random evangelists on a forum... 🤔 truly a hard decision... 🤔🤔🤔 /s

KageMaru

Because the XBX has 12GB of ram (with higher bandwidth) as opposed to 8GB of the other consoles. Most games will even use the extra memory for cache.

Also if they are running games from an external 7200 rpm (or even SSD) the bandwidth is much greater. No, you can't replace the drive cause its much better to just plug an external in there anyway.

That extra memory won't be used as a cache if it's being used for higher resolution assets or better draw distance.

Not that I think loading will be an issue on the X.

This parity talk is suspect. What dev would purposely make one of their games look worse, and catch some heat just to protect some internet warriors.

Because that's what it really is.

There could be cases where a studio doesn't have the time or money to push one system over the other.

RootCause

So this developer is trying to entice console warzzz just because his statement (which you claim is as obvious as water is wet, despite posts in this very thread showing people still think otherwise) makes you noticeably annoyed?

Okay.gif

Hmm, who to give the benefit of the doubt...a developer working on his game, or random evangelists on a forum... 🤔 truly a hard decision... 🤔🤔🤔 /s
I dont think its the devs intentions to cause a ruckus, but that's exactly how it serves. Fuel for the wars, just look at this thread.

I know, tell me about. 🙄

ZOONAMI

Fair enough on the loading times, but how much better are we really expecting? A few seconds?

And still that is a shit hdd choice when the one s has a 2tb option.

Mascot

I'm sure pCARS 2 will look just dandy on XboneX, just as it will on PS Pro. The options will still be gimped compared to the PC version though.

We still on the "forced parity" train?

We still are and it won't change till next gen comes out. X's new hardware eats any current gen gm with pure quality and beastnessesessss...what I'm saying, some games are an obvious give away (parity wise) especially the one drops early Sep.

leeh

GAF on Scorpio vs Pro: "Games will look marginally better, no different to the average joe"
PCars2 Director Mentions Significant Difference, GAF: "Duhhh"

Ok GAF.

I dont think its the devs intentions to cause a ruckus, but that's exactly how it serves. Fuel for the wars, just look at this thread.

I know, tell me about. 🙄

Or, you know, you didn't need to do a drive by shitpost inciting console wars yourself, or quoting someone that is.

If the dev released the statement instead saying that both versions look similar with only a few minor enhancements on the XB1X, you would be saying something vastly different.

Synth

We still are and it won't change till next gen comes out. X's new hardware eats any current gen gm with pure quality and beastnessesessss...what I'm saying, some games are an obvious give away (parity wise) especially the one drops early Sep.

Honestly, I don't thnk there's ever really been much merit to parity claims. Almost every game displays a performance/resolution delta, with the exceptions generally being games that simply tend to not task hardware regardless (stuff like Minecraft or Snake Pass or sports games). What games come to mind as clear examples of forced parity to you (please don't say Destiny)?

sora87

mild_shock_patrick_stewart_acting.gif

RootCause

Or, you know, you didn't need to do a drive by shitpost inciting console wars yourself, or quoting someone that is.

If the dev released the statement instead saying that both versions look similar with only a few minor enhancements on the XB1X, you would be saying something vastly different.

So just a bunch of assumptions. And you wonder why you got called out. You have no interest in having any meaningful conversation, just make stuff up. Let me make it crystal clear for you, since transparency seems to be an issue. 🙄

The X1X is considerably stronger than the ps4 pro, and games should look noticeably better. If it doesn't, then devs didn't do much with it.

So just a bunch of assumptions. And you wonder why you got called out. You have no interest in having any meaningful conversation, just make stuff up. Let me make it crystal clear for you, since transparency seems to be an issue. 🙄

The X1X is considerably stronger than the ps4 pro, and games should look noticeably better. If it doesn't, then devs didn't do much with it.

Assumptions, like your assumptions that this developer is throwing out info for console warzzz? 😂

Called out by who, you? Why would I give a fuck about one random nobody on the internet who doesnt like my posts "calling me out?" 🙄

I don't understand what you're attempting to portray here. The point isn't about the XBX being considerably stronger. It's that somebody said the comment makes no sense because it's as obvious as water is wet that XBX is better, so these types of comments seem like console war fuel. Implying that the dev is stating the obvious and it's so absurd to state that so it must be for the purpose of console warzzz, to which you replied that's exactly what it is.

Well that additional 2 teraflops and 4 GB of RAM had to be doing something right?

And faster HDD and faster cpu. It's also 1.8 teraflops and 4.5 GB RAM :)

I have seen a lot of there won't be much difference posts so it will be interesting when the comparisons come in. I mean Killing Floor 2 is rendering twice as many pixels on X1X as on Pro so I'm hopeful it will be the beast MS claims. This is only increasing my hype and helping the theory that the gap is bigger than expected.

Top Bottom