• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

gamescom 2015 | Hall plan revealed

Nokterian

They have more capacity this year I believe, they got an extra Hall so it might alleviate some of the crowds.

Need to avoid this happening again

rjavvglrjtlxz4oqxgxm.jpg

I was there..was standing at that same spot a top of the stairs. So many fainted because it was too much.

TimmiT

I was there..was standing at that same spot a top of the stairs. So many fainted because it was too much.

I didn't see people fainting, but back in 2013 when I went on a public day it did look like that from the top of the stairs. I left after a couple of hours cause it really wasn't doable for me.

Nokterian

I didn't see people fainting, but back in 2013 when I went on a public day it did look like that from the top of the stairs. I left after a couple of hours cause it really wasn't doable for me.

I did see some people fainting and i was also there in 2013 and it was damn hot that day also no airco inside the building. I was there in the morning and left later that evening. But they need to learn to put restrictions on these kinda things. And the lines..oh man the lines no way i am going to stand there for nearly a day to play that was a no thank you for me.

Liamario

Banned
I did see some people fainting and i was also there in 2013 and it was damn hot that day also no airco inside the building. I was there in the morning and left later that evening. But they need to learn to put restrictions on these kinda things. And the lines..oh man the lines no way i am going to stand there for nearly a day to play that was a no thank you for me.

What was the point in going if you weren't going to queue to play anything. Not that I disagree with your decision.

Bahlor

What was the point in going if you weren't going to queue to play anything. Not that I disagree with your decision.

I remember people standing in line for Battlefield 4 at around 16.00 o'click at the mark of 7-8 hours waiting time... and they still queued in.

I'm fine with getting into a queue for 30-60 minutes, but not the whole day, it's just not worth it in my opinion. That was the last time I went to Gamescom on a public day, just not acceptable in my eyes. Just too many people. Business / Press days are by far better. Was able to play just everything I wanted last year in around 3 hours and you had enough space to breath. On a public day I would not have been able to play a single game of those. :-/

Really looking forward to this years Gamescom and hope it's better (from available space / crowd sizes) than the last years.

TimmiT

I remember that when I went in 2011 that it was a lot less busy on the first couple of public days than it was in the past couple of years.

We've had a separate Thread for E3, but it's not necessary for gamescom is it?

Anyways: they're already busy with construction it seems.

MfJ4UNU.jpg

Will be passing by when I'm back form my vacation on Wednesday and see what else we have going on in the city.

rSpooky

Back in Europe for fam visit and will be stopping by gamescom as well. Just no hotel this time as I was late making the decision and don't want to pay through the nose. (Fam of 5 makes it pricey) but hope to enjoy a full day. I don't like the queus because they block off the gameplay ..at other cons like pax I could at least see something walking by or in line. But I learned to enjoy the smaller projects ..there is plenty to do and discover there.

Then after gamescom some good food in Cologne.
:)

Back in Europe for fam visit and will be stopping by gamescom as well. Just no hotel this time as I was late making the decision and don't want to pay through the nose. (Fam of 5 makes it pricey) but hope to enjoy a full day. I don't like the queus because they block off the gameplay ..at other cons like pax I could at least see something walking by or in line. But I learned to enjoy the smaller projects ..there is plenty to do and discover there.

Cool. Where do you come from?
All the criticism regarding the closed booths and not seeing anything while queuing, as profound as they might be, are due to our "law for the protection of the youth". The only solution would be restricting access to the fairground to people of ages 18 and above (resulting in a big loss for organizer) or the introduction of age restricted halls (resulting in new logistic challenges for organizer and exhibitors as well as additional costs for the latter as well as immensely overcrowded 16 & 18+ halls)

Then after gamescom some good food in Cologne.
:)

Make sure to order some "Quallmänner met Levverwooschzaus"

rSpooky

Cool. Where do you come from?
All the criticism regarding the closed booths and not seeing anything while queuing, as profound as they might be, are due to our "law for the protection of the youth". The only solution would be restricting access to the fairground to people of ages 18 and above (resulting in a big loss for organizer) or the introduction of age restricted halls (resulting in new logistic challenges for organizer and exhibitors as well as additional costs for the latter as well as immensely overcrowded 16 & 18+ halls)

Make sure to order some "Quallmänner met Levverwooschzaus"

Be driving from my parents house in the Netherlands.
I know why they have closed booths. Just makes things harder with lines etc is all :)

Will keep your suggestion mind :)

etta

my hard graphic balls
We've had a separate Thread for E3, but it's not necessary for gamescom is it?

Anyways: they're already busy with construction it seems.

MfJ4UNU.jpg

Will be passing by when I'm back form my vacation on Wednesday and see what else we have going on in the city.
Dat Gamescom logo.
ea-access-e3-xbox.jpg

Hyped as shit for the Xbox conference and The Division.

EloKa

Just got a plan of EA's booth (from my Battlefront Fast Pass)
Walker Assault is PC, Fighter Squadron PS4

is this confirmed with the PC / PS4 seperation?
I'm invited to the EA Lounge (5.1) where I can (appearently) play both missions on PCs. Strange that they split their content on different stages with different plattforms in the public hall

ShadowOwl

Going to Gamescom with a friend, been there two times already some years ago.

Any recommendations how/where to get food during the event?

GlamFM

Banned
Going to Gamescom with a friend, been there two times already some years ago.

Any recommendations how/where to get food during the event?

There are some food trucks between the main halls. It´s all disgusting, but it gets the job done.

TimmiT

Just got a plan of EA's booth (from my Battlefront Fast Pass)

Walker Assault is PC, Fighter Squadron PS4

rdxWufo.jpg

Mirror's Edge will be playable? :O If so, I hope the line for it won't be too long. I'll also want to try out Unravel and Need for Speed.

Top Bottom