• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gematsu: Sony to hold Playstation Experience event in December

Status
Not open for further replies.
The hell is up with people wanting Crash Bandicoot so much, I would rather have the superior series "Jak and Daxter" make a comeback instead.

I love it!

how_i_feel_eating_cereal_and_watching_tv-15851.gif

3sRm90k.gif

Hiko

Banned
I'm not seriously expecting any game announcement that I would consider a big deal.

What I do want, and I what I think is plausible, is Sony announcing full ps1/ps2 BC and delivering the update on the same day. Like, "As of now users can download the new firmware update that allows playback of all classic titles". That would be epic.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
I'm not seriously expecting any game announcement that I would consider a big deal.

What I do want, and I what I think is plausible, is Sony announcing full ps1/ps2 BC and delivering the update on the same day. Like, "As of now users can download the new firmware update that allows playback of all classic titles". That would be epic.

You just GAF to be in 504 limbo forever don't you? If all of this happens, it'll be madness!

A reminder of the potential of RIME:

Apparently reaching that big Tower is just the START of the game, there are multiple huge islands and each represent the stages of Loss and Grief.

This game is going to be sweet
I think this might be GOTY like Journey stole the show back in 2012. Really, an island where you are exploring beautiful vistas that each represent a stage of grief?! What a concept! If executed well, I can't think of a more important video-game in the age of tripe sequels and run-of-the-mill gameplay design.

you know I hope FFVII remake is there just so we can finally stop talking about hoping it comes out every new big gaming event lol
Man, I was hoping Legend of Dragoon is revealed personally. I only want to see FF7 if Sony plans on making Cloud the star of a series ala legend of Zelda.

I honestly don't know how to respond to this, because where have your minds gone with this? I'm reading some of these pages, and I really think it would've been great if everyone hadn't gotten too hyped, because you'd genuinely come away thinking it was fantastic. It always packs more of a punch if there are low expectations. I still do think most will really love it, especially for those in attendance, but I know for sure there's going to be some complaining and questioning of some things. That's one of those things I learned when I saw people disappointed with FFXV and KH3 reveals. My pre-emptive response to that would be, we're only entering the second year of this generation. There's still a good four-five years to go.

It'll be a better Sony event than the others this year for sure, and in general, a really good weekend since the TGAs are happening too. I'm actually quite eager to see that show too. I mentioned earlier in this thread that the Experience is pretty much going to be one of the biggest SCE will ever do, and that's true in every sense of the word.

I think hype threads are one of those GAF things though. A lot of members just enjoy the craziness of it all anyway. I especially remember the PS4 build up being hilarious.

That's about all I have to say. I'll get back to shilling my bet.

Down for A.
Thank you, but it will still be ignored.

The posters here that increase the hype just for fun IMO does more harm than good as well. Yeah, it's funny in the mean time, but come game day, people are genuinely expecting there wishlist to be revealed and an amazing A+ tier conference is relegated to a B- because "OMG where was Crash??!!" I'm gonna do another sensible list.

Uncharted 4 looks amazing
Blood Borne update looks amazing
The Order struts its gameplay and gets some positive buzz
Rime looks amazing
Tearaway Unfolded update
Ratchet and Clank Reveal
NMS shows more gameplay integrated with Morpheus
Morpheus gets new demos and tentative 2015 release
David Jaffe new game (smaller in scope than usual AAA)
Tons and tons of Indy's new and updates
Gravity Rush remade or sequel for PS4
1 new AAA from a 3rd party
1 new AAA from first party

Stellar show...

That's the thing though, announcements are subjective. One man's treasure is another's trash. Are you usually hard to please?

For example did you find Gamescom / E3 this year particularly noteworthy?

Respawn is probably there because like Vince said, they are going to develop for the console. They probably already are and it's just not something they can or will announce right now.

Darknight

Ok can someone tell me what the Japanese stream will consist of? Like will there be megatons in there or are those being saved for PSX/Game Awards? Im a little confused.

Also someone please bring back the PS Saint gif who is exorcising a "non believer".

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Respawn is probably there because like Vince said, they are going to develop for the console. They probably already are and it's just not something they can or will announce right now.

probably a megaton for e3 *wipes saliva dripping off lips*

IM READY FOR E3 BABY!

oh man, just imagine a Dragons Dogma using all the Power of the Ps4.
The first One had pretty mediocre graphics
Sony funding the game and maybe even helping at the development...sigh

If no FF7 Remake - then atleast DD2 plz Sony

200.gif

viveks86

oh man, just imagine a Dragons Dogma using all the Power of the Ps4.
The first One had medicor graphics as far i can remember.
Sony funding the game and maybe even helping at the development...sigh

If no FF7 Remake - then atleast DD2 plz Sony

200.gif

And if it is being made, it will be made on Panta Rhei

tumblr_inline_ndwo7q4eh51qkfksa.gif

Dragons Dogma would be the most exciting thing to me.
That game had some amazing ideas. A little more refinement and it could have been one of the best of last gen.

Titanfall will be on PS4 but honestly who cares.

rajanp22

Uncharted 4 looks amazing
Blood Borne update looks amazing
The Order struts its gameplay and gets some positive buzz
Rime looks amazing
Tearaway Unfolded update
Ratchet and Clank Reveal
NMS shows more gameplay integrated with Morpheus
Morpheus gets new demos and tentative 2015 release
David Jaffe new game (smaller in scope than usual AAA)
Tons and tons of Indy's new and updates
Gravity Rush remade or sequel for PS4
1 new AAA from a 3rd party
1 new AAA from first party

Stellar show...
This man, he speaks the truth. I think this is a realistic and yet very probable list of stuff for the keynote. A couple of surprises and a bunch of great gameplay from revealed games. I kinda wish this is in the OT so everyone can read it and get their expectations in check.

I bet Adam and the other Sony employees reading this thread are thinking SonyGAF are nut-jobs based on all the crazy hype.

ZoharEE

Neo Member
They did mention a Legend of Dragoonies in the vids that Boyes posted.

A Legend of Dragoon and Goonies hybrid perhaps?
Are you thinking what I'm thinking buddy?
I'm thinking about Chunk wearing dragoon's armour.

buddy.....I've been wanting that since I got that game and beat the first one when I was 10

Been there dude... Been there
http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/107/227/tumblr_lgxpiaKYy91qa556so1_500.png

Hiko

Banned
That's the thing though, announcements are subjective. One man's treasure is another's trash. Are you usually hard to please?

For example did you find Gamescom / E3 this year particularly noteworthy?

I think Bloodborne would have been a megaton if it hadn't already leaked and if Verendus and Demonite hadn't basically confirmed it a year in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom