• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gematsu: Sony to hold Playstation Experience event in December

Status
Not open for further replies.

sn00zer

If this announcement is Crash, here's how I see it playing out:
  • Activision developed/published
  • Timed exclusive on all Playstation consoles (maybe cross gen)
  • Activision has options to release it on other consoles after a time
  • Sony release will have somewhat significant exclusive content never made available on the other platforms.
Completely agree..... no way Activision wouldnt be involved in some form. I can see Sony doing a Destiny campaign (not nearly as large, but same exclusivity) for PS4

sn00zer

WOW how come I never made the connection.. I wouldn't mind them making ape escape.

I dont even like Sly 4....( I dont like Sly games)...but I can absolutely appreciate their cartoon design and ability to emulate and improve on old precedents...all I could think of playing Sly 4 was "They should make Ape Escape"

TheStruggler

Report me for trolling ND/TLoU2 threads
"nutted but im still hyping"
vOOwJx.gif

I dont even like Sly 4....( I dont like Sly games)...but I can absolutely appreciate their cartoon design and ability to emulate and improve on old precedents...all I could think of playing Sly 4 was "They should make Ape Escape"

One thing that would be interesting is to see which way they skew stylistically. Ape Escape on PS1 was cartoonish but darker graphically and somewhat thematically, but the 2nd and 3rd games were 100% anime-styled humor-based and ridiculous.

sn00zer

It'll be a 1 hr downloadable game... bring it.

I...hmmm.... a Journey approach to Ico.SotC world sounds excellent....wayyyy too much filler in both games and perfect for that "cinematic" approach

One thing that would be interesting is to see which way they skew stylistically. Ape Escape on PS1 was cartoonish but darker graphically and somewhat thematically, but the 2nd and 3rd games were 100% anime-styled humor-based and ridiculous.
Agreed, there is so much potential in the Ape Escape series waiting to be tapped. Whether through level design, gadgets, art style....honestly people can do whatever the fuck they want with it as long as they keep the puzzlish gadgety aspect of light hearted ape catching and Ill be happy

Wow, this thread really took off. Did we ever hear anything more about whatever LeeRoy was talking about last night?

Also, where's the bolded "I" in TheWorthyEdge's posts? All I saw was OLDP. =/

Wow, this thread really took off. Did we ever hear anything more about whatever LeeRoy was talking about last night?

Also, where's the bolded "I" in TheWorthyEdge's posts? All I saw was OLDP. =/

its

[then later in the same post]

Crap,

The i was in the spoiler in that post.

Agreed, there is so much potential in the Ape Escape series waiting to be tapped. Whether through level design, gadgets, art style....honestly people can do whatever the fuck they want with it as long as they keep the puzzlish gadgety aspect of light hearted ape catching and Ill be happy

Plus the PS4 controller has all that wacky shit on it they could use.

sn00zer

I like how stupid this thread has gotten....really hoping it doesnt get closed...just Playstation fans hyping unlikely Playstation stuff..... great thread

sn00zer

Commenting on this again..the 4th unreleased game on the west side was literally made in conjunction with an anime.....wouldnt mind if they went for a more western animation style. After 2, the character design just kind of tanked and the series sort of went adrift.... we complain about a lack of Ape games, but the series was run into the concrete in Japan ith stupid poorly and quickly made side games. A more western look at the franchise would reinvigorate the series.

EDIT: FUUUUUUUCK an Ape Escape game with current Western cartoon animation/design style would be fucking incredible

This has been the extent of my experience on GAF for this entire year.

Commenting on this again..the 4th unreleased game on the west side was literally made in conjunction with an anime.....wouldnt mind if they went for a more western animation style. After 2, the character design just kind of tanked and the series sort of went adrift.... we complain about a lack of Ape games, but the series was run into the concrete in Japan ith stupid poorly and quickly made side games. A more western look at the franchise would reinvigorate the series.

Oh, believe me, I know all about the Japanese releases. The game you're talking about (Ape Escape: Million Monkeys) is actually HEAVILY aped from (lol) for PlayStation All Stars. Most, if not all, of Ape Escape's representation in All Stars was from that game

shwimpy

I...hmmm.... a Journey approach to Ico.SotC world sounds excellent....wayyyy too much filler in both games and perfect for that "cinematic" approach
An entire console generation's worth of dev time for a bite-sized downloadable game would be hilariously sad.

An announcement in the middle of nowhere had a 99% chance of being uninteresting in the first place.

Any 'bombs' will be reserved for events, not a press release.
Well, when you have Kagari going "welp" and BruceLeeRoy starting a countdown, it's more license for hype than the usual carnival of stupid we create ourselves :p

In any case, I'd have been more excited if it were a surprise holiday release. A month within Bloodborne's release is just odd.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Yea, why did BruceLeeRoy and Ami think that was something to get hyped about LOL

If it included DS1 and DeS, then yea I can appreciate the announcement, but only DS2???

we hyped it up ourselves and they said some people would be happy about it.

I haven't had a philly cheese steak in a longggg timeeee.

I should get one tomorrow, anyone know where's the best place to get one in NY? I could go to place i used to get it at but if theres a better place out there then ima try it :).

if you want cheap and greasy deliciousness, you can go down to one of the boroughs and get a great philly with the works for 6-7 bucks. i can give you two spots that are legendary in my opinion. i always get a bag of doritos or onion rings, luckily i dont eat this often...

sn00zer

old ip?

sony bend

syphon filter

oh yeah.

Honestly if PSABR was any indication there are only three IPs up for rebooting.... Ape Escape, Parappa, and Medievil....safest bets outside of Crash...honestly a new Crash with classic gameplay wouldnt be surprising all given Activision's size, recent Spyro reboot, and Euro's Crash chart topping

I don't want to see a new Crash if it's still Activision's property. I only want Crash to come back if Sony gets the rights to the IP.
So, never.

I want some PMs too... jesus its getting ridiculous with the hype in here.

I don't want to see a new Crash if it's still Activision's property. I only want Crash to come back if Sony gets the rights to the IP.
So, never.

I can see Activision selling that IP for a few Billions.

Amir0x

Banned
The games I want back are in this order

->

Alundra
Colony Wars
Jet Moto
Dark Cloud
Tomba!
Crash

anything else I'll tackle as it comes, not on the list but plenty of possibilites for joy. Time to kick ass Sony and take names... er, that's Nintendo. Whatever do it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom