• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Geoff Keighley's The Game Awards 2015 dated for December 3rd.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
After the hype machine build-up and candidates sizzle reel ends Geoff should just get on stage and announce the winner of 2015 Game of the Year is nothing, formally pronounce video games as dead, turn off the lights, and end this putrid interactive medium once and for all.

I've barely even played any of the likely GotY candidates this year and that makes me sad.

I haven't played The Witcher 3, MGS5, Halo 5 or Splatoon at all and I only played a little bit of Arkham Knight and Bloodborne.

I've basically just been playing Destiny all goddamn year. Which is cool because I love Destiny but I also miss playing other games :(

iNvid02

You guys should play fallout, they said they wanted the shooting to mimic destiny and hired some dude from Bungie. and you can loot shit.

oh god fallout is just destiny

AdanVC

I enjoyed last years Game Awards a lot so I'm looking forward to this years show! I just hope it is not 3 hours long unless it's filled with tons of world premieres and stuff, otherwise it'll be kinda tedious to watch for that long! I also hope Nintendo makes a big appearence here just like last year... Expectations insanely low with them though.

I like how Nintendo went from Kranky Kong to Zelda in just one year. Krankygate 2013 was legendary.

Yeah but look forward to this year Nintendo's big reveal: Metroid Prime Federation Force. Now with Chibi-Samus!

Edit: wtf is this really airing on a thursday?? Last year was on weekend! Oh well will watch anyways :)

JeffZero

Purple Drazi
After the hype machine build-up and candidates sizzle reel ends Geoff should just get on stage and announce the winner of 2015 Game of the Year is nothing, formally pronounce video games as dead, turn off the lights, and end this putrid interactive medium once and for all.

Um, not before Mass Effect Andromeda releases, sir.

EhoaVash

Quit gaming.

hey i did enjoy playing all of these games ;d

my masochist self is trying to play BB again in NG+ before the dlc.
and i loved batman outside some end game bullshit
the rest, i could nitpick all day. but it was a good year for open world games man.
I played nothing but open world and also smash 4 :3 probably my most played game this year.

Game4life

Banned
GAF has a very good community so Bloodborne will win GAF's GOTY since there is no game this year that has better level design and mechanics than that. Right GAF?

Its going to be a close friggen fight between metal gear and the Witcher 3 for me they switch one and two spots constantly, maybe fall out will be a contender to?

LycanXIII

Hope they keep the award design!

the-game-awards-trophy-weta_1920.0.0.jpg

Awesome! The first one last year had a lot of potential and Geoff did a good job taking note of the hiccups and faults of last year so I expect a great show this year!

Good luck, Geoff!

janoDX

I liked last year awards, I hope this year turns out great, you GAF are hating on last year now because you had a PTSD on past VGA's.

After I play Mirror's Edge Catalyst, video games have my permission to die.

in 4 punished "nacho cheez dewritos" snack. hopefully splatoon gets an award of some kind, but it wont because lolz its on wii U.

iBlue

Looking forward to new announcements but not to the cringe worthy stuff like the dude dancing to game music...

mcw

The Final Hours of the Putrid Interactive Medium

Armadilo

Banned
Was hoping that it would be the day before psx in San Francisco on Friday but yeah,

guys going to PSX should we try to setup a game awards viewing party? Anybody have hook ups with any movie theatre in San Francisco?

takriel

So many strong contenders this year. My favorite is Bloodborne, as I haven't played anything else other than Witcher 3, which is excellent as well.

I would really really like a Zelda teaser unveiling the official main theme.

I hope they get rid of the screaming girl in the crowd. She also was in Bethesda E3. I know this is the american way, but she was sooo annoying.

Heartfyre

I remember how little time Geoff was saying he had to put the Game Awards together last year, and it still turned out pretty good, so hopefully the year lead-in and the lessons from last year give it a good refinement. Would love to see The Witcher 3 win.

Chindogg

GAF has a very good community so Bloodborne will win GAF's GOTY since there is no game this year that has better level design and mechanics than that. Right GAF?

Splatoon, Mario Maker

:D

OT though. I really enjoyed last year's presentation as it felt more about celebrating actual development despite having a lot of shilling. I legit cried during the celebration of Ken and Roberta Williams.

DKHF

I don't think there will be a new Zelda trailer at this. Nintendo will probably save it for the NX reveal early next year.

Last years show was really good and respected the medium way more than the VGX ever did.

I'm sure Geoff is going to do a great job at honouring the industry so good luck to him!

Let's hope for some good reveals now, nothing got me too excited last year but I'm optimistic for this show.

Did they have major announcements last year? I don't remember.
Only thing I can think off is Banner Saga 2 and the Human Element. Everything else like Zelda and MGO3 was already announced but premiered gameplay for the first time on the show.
Thing is, Sony's got their PSX conference just a few days later, so expect almost nothing from Sony there, maybe a tease or two.

Have to disagree that 'The Game Awards' are the closest thing to the Oscars in the games industry, that has to be the British Academy Games Awards.

Keighley has a hard on for Kojima, and given what happened with the man and Konami, it's almost guaranteed media will throw Hideo a bone with some GOTY awards.

MGS V is one of the best gamer ever made and deserve to be goty, not because "media will throw Hideo a bone" but I will not be mad if The Witcher 3 or Bloodborne wins goty, they deserve it too. But my pick is MGS V.

Top Bottom