• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Geoff Keighley's The Game Awards 2015 dated for December 3rd.

This is nice and all but I sure miss having Geoff do regular content on the web.

That one episode of his podcast was real good... maybe one day will will get a second.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Get Joel back. I loved that disaster 2 years ago.

I don't understand this mindset. Why would anyone want the show to be bad? Last year's had genuine effort.

Outside of the pacing and some production issues, the awards were fair, the premieres for decent (a gameplay reveal for a Zelda game outside if an E3 Conference or Direct, that's a huge catch for Geoff), the Siera homage, Koji freaking Kondo playing Zelda music with Imagine Dragons.

Why would anyone try to continue making fun of the show instead of encouraging it?

Arttemis

Joel McHale was great. His attitude is far more entertaining than Geoff's deadpan, faked enthusiasm. He seemed genuinely impressed by small team efforts like No Man's Sky.

FranXico

This is nice and all but I sure miss having Geoff do regular content on the web.

That one episode of his podcast was real good... maybe one day will will get a second.

He probably should always do podcasts around this time of the year, to generate hype for the game awards. Would work.

Arnie7

Banned
Eh no. The annual D.I.C.E awards are the Oscars of gaming not this. This is more like the MTV awards for gaming.

Zyrox

I enjoyed last years show. Especially liked the Ken and Roberta Williams bit. I'll definitely tune in this year. Hopefully there will be something similar. Bring it on Punished Snack!

ChaosXVI

Definitely pumped for the show this year. How Geoff was able to turn the disaster that was VGX around into last year's show is simply incredible. Yeah they weren't perfect, but they were infinitely more bearable than the Oscar's or Emmy's ever are.

Plus I'm really curious how Nintendo's presence will be this year, since they've been quiet as all hell since E3. Last year I was surprised by how involved they were, and the Mario Maker and (especially) Zelda stuff were big gets for Geoff so I don't doubt he could get something sweet for this year as well. I'd be shocked beyond belief if he got something NX related, but last year I didn't think he had a chance in hell of getting to reveal Zelda gameplay...

...so who knows.

Astrates

Hoping for something more on Mass Effect Andromeda.

EDIT: And yeah. Last year's was such a substantial step up. Geoff, I know you're around here sometimes, and I know you've already seen this said more than a few times, but I'll reiterate: good work on that restructure.

Just all of this

Mariolee

My man, "the big man" Reggie from Nintendo, better be back on air to save this show.

Finally getting Zelda was incredible. Geoff has been pulling for that every time he gets an interview with Reggie and he finally got it then. Really hope Nintendo comes back in a big way through The Game Awards.

Reasonably hyped.

Joel McHale was great. His attitude is far more entertaining than Geoff's deadpan, faked enthusiasm. He seemed genuinely impressed by small team efforts like No Man's Sky.

Faked enthusiasm? Keighley has been involved with and writing about this industry for more than 20 years. McHale was nothing but a paid actor, a talking prop.

It was pretty enjoyable last year. I hope to see some more world premieres.

Recore gameplay maybe?

Yeah good guess. Cause if not, i dont see this game coming out in Spring, like they did say it would.

I wonder what kind of gameplay premiers we can expect. Zelda last year was quite the surprise, not a new announcement though.

Mithos

Ending the show...
Reggie: But before you leave, I'd like you to step inside one more world for Nintendo Wii U.

PAUSE....

Twilight Princess HD trailer rolls.

Tregard

Soothsayer
Hopefully we get what Geoff wanted last year with Reggie, Phil Spencer and Shawn Layden all announcing Game Of The Year onstage together.

Ending the show...
Reggie: But before you leave, I'd like you to step inside one more world for Nintendo Wii U.

PAUSE....

Twilight Princess HD trailer rolls.

You know what? This is the Zelda showing we're going to get. It makes too much sense, and would explain the eshop shenanigans.

Unfortunately, that makes Zelda Wii U highly unlikely to appear at the awards.

Looking forward to seeing if they finally announce Suicide Squad or whatever WBE is working on for next year. I know they said they want to do annual releases.

Malus

Finally getting Zelda was incredible. Geoff has been pulling for that every time he gets an interview with Reggie and he finally got it then. Really hope Nintendo comes back in a big way through The Game Awards.

Reasonably hyped.

Though Geoff was probably hoping for a hype trailer like TP 2004 rather than the quaint little interview/demo with offscreen footage that they got.

Top Bottom