• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God Of War 4 art leaks (Norse setting, Kratos w/ beard) [Up2: Polygon says real]

Which part of God of War 4 are you most excited about?

Results are only viewable after voting.

inner-G

Banned
oh wow screw cousin it actually is Kratos LMAO

the dude is literally going to destroy every known mythology lol

They should do the Bible next.

Fight your way out of a whale, take on Goliath, kill Jesus... sounds kind of like an early Shin Megami Tensei game

Hoje0308

Banned
To answer the question of why his axe is small, I don't think Viking axes were very big, as those used in battle were meant to cut through flesh, which isn't terribly resistant to that kind of thing and speed was also a priority.

Mechazawa

I mean, it being another dude named Kratos that looks like the old Kratos is fine as long as he's not insufferable personality wise.

That concept art looks fabu, though.

Kill kratos or let us kill kratos. I can't play another game as the most annoying character: guess I'm skipping God of war if this turns out true.

doofy102

That Kratos design needs some context, it screams "low-effort reboot" And the axe just makes me wonder if the combat will be worse than before.

Mman235

Guess I'll repost from the old thread:

Visuals aside (and since it's an early leak I'm fine doing that) and taking this leak as real if we have Kratos again I'm sort of liking the implication of the new design; he looks a bit older and as if he's had a bit of time to mellow after the events of the earlier games. Of course since this is God of War and he's back he's still going to brutally murder a bunch of stuff, but I could see this giving him the distance from past events to do it for different reasons and take him in more interesting directions.

The bolded is exactly why I love Kratos. It's refreshing to play as a villain, when the rare opportunity rises. There are more than enough do-gooder options out there.

Athena said he embodies hope

They have him try to
protect pandora
despite knowing he's destroying the world

then there's a hint that
he lives at the end
Nothing to suggest that him destroying the world is bad, no showing the aftermath of his actions (suggesting the important part is what happens immediately around him, which is nothing), just some BS tie to
hope living within him after opening the box

The payoff spoils the entire endeavor

Now the question is whether Norse is for a whole trilogy or one game then Kratos goes to egypt? I can't imagine we get all the way to Odin in one game

CSX

SSM looking at Age of Mythology and be like "I need to kill all the gods in there"

God of War 7-9 to be Egyptian Mythology starring kratos confirmed :p

Hoje0308

Banned
There's no way SSM will do all the myths. They'll stay far, far away from Abraham if they'd like to avoid a shit storm and/or violence.

Raylan

Banned
Looks kinda fake tbh, but I'm ready for more kratos!
Nah man. It's totally real.

6okAw4z.jpg

They should do the Bible next.

Fight your way out of a whale, take on Goliath, kill Jesus... sounds kind of like an early Shin Megami Tensei game

Considering that Christianity, Islam and Judaism share many of the same people in their texts, why not take on all three?

Sesha

Kratos is like Sasuke in Naruto. The story desperately tries to claim him as a redeemable figure who's ultimately good deep down, yet the character does nothing to make that notion even remotely believable.

I think people got sick of Kratos because of how one note he was post 2.

1) Fuck the gods, they killed my family (although it was mostly my fault)
2) Literally killed everything in his way
3) Basically fucks over the entire world on his revenge quest.

Ghost of Sparta was literally a "huh, we should elaborate on why Kratos hates the gods so much".

Personally, I would have welcomed a new MC, but if they go with Kratos hopefully he has a personality change after realizing he got nothing from his revenge quest.
Well the entire premise is him killing gods and shit so I doubt much has changed with him.

Simo

Did the artwork and the guy's NDA section get removed or is my browser just being funky? lol

doofy102

Couldn't they have given him different tattoos? Or no tattoos? Or just not re-use their "Greek mythology" character in a Norse setting?

Trup1aya

I always wanted a GoW game set in a different mythological setting.

But I feel like bringing Kratos into Norse mythology is stupid. Why not play as a new character with a new motivation for fighting the gods...

It didn't even have to reference the past GoW games at all.

HardRojo

Hyped! I wonder if this is actually Kratos with all his memories or just an alternate version of the character that has nothing to do with the original, other than looking similar.

Kratos is like Sasuke in Naruto. The story desperately tries to claim him as a redeemable figure who's ultimately good deep down, yet the character does nothing to make that notion even remotely believable.
That's a terrible comparison, sasuke saved the bland,boring,crybaby,and down right terrible main cast

Top Bottom