• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God Of War 4 art leaks (Norse setting, Kratos w/ beard) [Up2: Polygon says real]

Which part of God of War 4 are you most excited about?

Results are only viewable after voting.

BumRush

Now the question is whether Norse is for a whole trilogy or one game then Kratos goes to egypt? I can't imagine we get all the way to Odin in one game

Assets take a lot of time to make and cost a lot of money. I have a feeling well see more than one in this universe.

Banned
Hopefully Kratos is just the code name given to every iteration of the God of War, kinda like James Bond.

Abriael

Banned
Incidentally, I'm pretty sure that publishing someone's art taken without permission from a password protected area of his website (and adding your watermark to it to boot) is classified as theft.

iNvid02

wtf the artist deleted his page?

http://fmacmanus.com/

lol whats the point now

U7U2Zi4.gif

Shahed

Oh well, the idea of maybe Freyja, Hel or just about anyone other than Kratos as the main protagonist got me hype for a moment.
eBvYaCU.png
This is me. After 6 games with Kratos and Greek mythology I'd gotten sick of him and the series. The supposed new Norse setting was starting to get me excited, but hearing it's Kratos again made that pretty short lived

Oh well.

daman824

Concept art is amazing. But bringing Kratos back is a laughably bad decision. And shows that neither ssm or Sony have any confidence in the series without him.

You can't "mellow out" Kratos. He's brutally massacred hundreds of thousands of innocents, and in the case of the Poseidon princess, tortures them to death. It'll be impossible to feel any sort of connection with such a character after what he's done.

They should have re-imagined him in this new setting. Have the Norse gods betray a new protagonist and then have him go through killing all of them. But make him a somewhat like able character.

Instead, they slapped a bear on Kratos, gave him a couple axes, and called it a day.

I'm unfamiliar with Norse mythology outside of a few names. Concept art looks cool.
Guess I'll repost from the old thread:

Visuals aside (and since it's an early leak I'm fine doing that) and taking this leak as real if we have Kratos again I'm sort of liking the implication of the new design; he looks a bit older and as if he's had a bit of time to mellow after the events of the earlier games. Of course since this is God of War and he's back he's still going to brutally murder a bunch of stuff, but I could see this giving him the distance from past events to do it for different reasons and take him in more interesting directions.

Yeah hopefully he's mellowed and had time to reflect, i can't be doing with blind rage Kratos anymore. I'll be interested to see what his motivation is at least.

Hexa

Haha, someone is going to get in trouble!

You never upload NDA shit until it is ready to go live, keep it local you fools!

I think the issue with that is that he's just getting started, so according to his portfolio this is like the only major stuff that's been used he has.

Corpsepyre

Banned
I fucking love the use of colour atleast! God of War 3 was sorely lacking in that department. More like 2 and Ascension! Yes!

Top Bottom