• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

'God of War at E3' - Bear McCreary on scoring the game.

Shin-Ra

Here's my GIF tribute to the God of War Orchestra's best visual performers!

GoWorchestra.gif

Alo0oy

Banned
I'm glad they're not going the route of Uncharted and butchering everything that was great about that series (in this case, the soundtrack).

From a game standpoint, Uncharted 4 has already made me nervous about the direction of the new God of War, the previous God of Wars were always replayable with all the unlockable cheats and gameplay-focused direction. Same with the previous Uncharteds (especially 2), but UC4 completely ditched that and made the game completely unreplayable, so I'll wait for more info.

Corpsepyre

Banned
I'm glad they're not going the route of Uncharted and butchering everything that was great about that series (in this case, the soundtrack).

From a game standpoint, Uncharted 4 has already made me nervous about the direction of the new God of War, the previous God of Wars were always replayable with all the unlockable cheats and gameplay-focused direction. Same with the previous Uncharteds (especially 2), but UC4 completely ditched that and made the game completely unreplayable, so I'll wait for more info.

Errr, Ok. I wonder why I want to go back and play UC4 right now.

Alo0oy

Banned
Errr, Ok. I wonder why I want to go back and play UC4 right now.

That's fine, I just find walking for 30 minutes, then cutscene, then climbing by pushing up+X repeatedly for ten minutes, then repeat that five times, and then you finally get that combat encounter that lasts 3 minutes before you go back to the same loop very boring.

I replayed Uncharted 2 & God of War 3 so many times (maybe ~10) trying out all the various cheats and cool gameplay stuff, and the games didn't force me to slog through boring sections for extended periods of time, the climbing in UC2 took a minute or two at most, same thing with the Puzzles in God of War 3.

With Uncharted 4 though, I went from loving the game on my first playthrough, to meh on my second, to absolutely hating it on my third, replaying it became such a slog.

The Last of Us & Uncharted 3 had a lot of forced walking sections too, but they lasted a couple of minutes at most, and they usually put you right back into the action, Uncharted 4 sometimes spends an hour+ making you do mundane boring crap.

The direction Uncharted 4 took is fine in 50+ hours long games where you usually only play once, but it's a disastrous decision for Arcade-y replayable short games.

Top Bottom