• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God Of War PS4 playable from start to finish

Don't worry dmc5 doesn't have to compete with gow since it doesn't exist;)
Every. Single. Thread.

You just love crushing my hopes, don't you?
xD

That would still too close for comfort imo. I could see a lot of people holding off on DMC5 for GoW(4). Even if GoW(4) is an ARPG now, historically they have been very similar and attracted similar audiences.
I think it depends on the marketing of both games and how similar they look. I could see them eating away at each others sales if they look too similar.

Did I miss something ?
Don't mind us. We are just delusional DMC fans.

Capcom wants to release a new DMC before the end of 2017's fiscal year, which means before the end of March 2018.

Voras

When I first read the title I didn't realize that they meant it's currently playable from start to finish, I thought they were just saying it would be, which I thought was a strange thing to say. Maybe a commentary on the state of games? I don't know.

The stuff at E3 looked good, I'm interested to see how this game turns out.

Every. Single. Thread.

You just love crushing my hopes, don't you?
xD

I think it depends on the marketing of both games and how similar they look. I could see them eating away at each others sales if they look too similar.

Don't mind us. We are just delusional DMC fans.

Capcom wants to release a new DMC before the end of 2017's fiscal year, which means before the end of March 2018.
You know it buddy XD. Need some entertainment since I'm away from my ps4 and ran out of plus sub.
But yeah with that info dmc5 has to be announced next year.
PLS

DevilFox

Good, still Q1 2018 though since there will be no room in Q4, as always.

I heard from GAF they had start from scratch on everything tho.

Ah, loved that one.
tenor.gif

Osiris397

Banned
Holiday 2017...right in time to have a lot of people second guess getting Scorpio. Wouldn't surprise me at all if GOW, Uncharted Lost Legacy and Detroit all release Holiday 2017. I kind of think they're going to build PSVR DLC and multiplayer DLC for GOW and PSVR DLC for Detroit.

Sucker Punch and Guerrilla Cambridge will have PSX 2017 to their selves.

Days Gone and Spiderman for Spring or summer 2018. Last of Us 2 and Death Stranding Holiday 2018.

I'm ready for Horizon, Nioh and Nier:Automata

Kayant

Hmmmm calling BS was on I flight earlier today and was told by a dev they only just managed to cross the half-way mark in their retool process.

great news here but I still fee like this will be a 2018 title. Guessing there is a ton to still complete and polish since this is supposed to be an open world game this time around.

5taquitos

They're going to Horizon it and push it out early 2018, mark me now.

Sony hasn't really pushed any of their big exclusives in the holidays when the third-parties come knocking.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
This scene is the closest in game graphics has ever been to CGI quality.

Look at this shit, Jesus Christ.

AND this was all reportedly running on an OG PS4. Imagine a well optimized Pro version of the game. Checker boarded 4K.

*swoon*

Nameless

10-11 months from now doesn't seem so unrealistic for launch. Hopefully it makes it. A $199.99 Slim bundle would scorch the earth.

We might even get a PSN demo at E3.

Sesha

Both would be big melee action titles, which is why I fear DMC would lose sales to GoW. Back in 2005, DMC3 launched a month prior to GoW1, and I'm convinced that affected sales.

Did I miss something ?

Do you mean, has there been any new info? Then no.

Five of the six God of War games have released in March. I expect no different from this one. March 2018, here we go.

I wouldn't be against a Holiday 2017 launch though. That'd be great.

GeoramA

Great milestone to hit, definitely Q1 next year. Sucks we probably gotta wait six more months just to see it in action again.

Both would be big melee action titles, which is why I fear DMC would lose sales to GoW. Back in 2005, DMC3 launched a month prior to GoW1, and I'm convinced that affected sales.
I'm not too sure about that one. GoW was still a new IP while DMC3 was part of an established franchise. If anything I think DMC2 had a big negative impact on DMC3's sales.

Though, now I can see why you are worried that DMC5 might lose some sales to GoW(4) if they were to release close to each other. I guess they would look rather similar to casual consumers even if they both were doing different things.

Really excited for this game. I hope we get the red haired Thor instead of blond, to differentiate from Marvel in terms of looks.
marvel-comic-thor.jpg

I also hope that was Jormungand trailer we saw.

So many possibilities you can do with Norse mythology it's insane.

I think they'll have to in order to not get sued by Marvel for copyright infringement.

But yeah Red-haired thor > blond thor. Also, Chariot pulled by Rams.

Loudninja

If it's going to include RPG and exploration elements like the new Tomb Raiders, I wouldn't mind if it's a beefy 20~ hour game one bit.
Yeah
Right from the get-go, it was apparent that this was a very different God of War game. We now view the world from behind Kratos’ shoulders, with the previously-static camera now being controlled using the right stick. This part is important, because the world is rife with hidden paths, secret nooks, and collectables hidden all over the place. During my extended demo, we wandered off the beaten path and discovered a number of crafting resources, pieces of armor, and idols. God of War will feature larger, much more in-depth RPG systems, something Sony will discuss further down the road.
http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/06...he-first-time?abthid=5760873dad0cc3bc5f000022

God of War always had it hidden paths but this seems to be on a bigger scale

Icolin

Banned
Horizon releases Q1 though, they would surely need one big title in at least each quarter. Or a big summer title at the very least.

edit: not saying this game *has* to release 2017, just that they'd need at least one more big exclusive title besides Horizon this year. It's not Knack 2 before anyone asks -_-

I think Detroit might be that game, because it was announced back in 2015 like Horizon Zero Dawn. Also, the game is seemingly far along judging from what I played at E3.

Icolin

Banned
Sony's huge 2017 holiday release set in stone.

And likely Spider-Man in the fall as well?

Nah, I think Spiderman will be summer or fall 2018, and I'm not 100% sure that GOW is going to make it for fall 2017; maybe Detroit will be the fall game.

To be frank though, they could probably release Spiderman at any time through a year and it would still sell gangbusters.

Corpsepyre

Banned
This is being developed since Aug 2013, so it's cool they've reached alpha (supposing this is alpha) now. I wouldn't mind Q1 2018 for all the polish in the world.

Top Bottom