• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA: Vice City still has the best song selections!

rallaren

Yes they hit it off good with that theme in that game. Not really the same with V and I don't think it was supposed to have the "best" songs... still has some good ones.

psychotron

Easily the best. I was just saying in the Horizon 2 thread how rock/metal has been getting shafted on game soundtracks. When I'm racing or causing chaos in GTA I want some damn METAL!!!!!!

It goes beyond the music. In Vice City they felt like actual radio stations. None of the other GTA game nail that aspect. (Though V comes pretty close)

Biker19

Banned
As a child of the 80's, I agree.
The next GTA needs to be set in the 80's, so much style, so much bravado, sogood.gif

I definitely agree. I recognize most of the songs being on from "Flash FM" & "Emotion 98.3" along with some songs from "Wave 103" than I do with most of the songs from "V-Rock," though.

Dai101

Banned
I'm a VIP! And I wanna live around people like myself, rich and divorced.

I... I accidentally torched a quickie-mart when my medication
ran out (laughs) Dileo and Furax helped me and the community by ensuring a
healthy settlement from the pharmaceutical company.

Dai101

Banned
Yup - had to mute some of them, like "Rusty Brown's Ring Donuts"

Male Announcer: How do you like to enjoy a Rusty Browns Ring Donut?

Man: I like to lick lovingly around the outside and then thrust my tongue
in the middle.

Man 2: I like to munch it vigorously.

Man 3: I just love the batter all over my face.

Man 4: On Friday nights I just can't stop eating Rusty Browns ring donuts.

Woman: Oh my god it's so good.

Man 5: Sometimes I like to wear women's panties and walk around Fifth Street.

Male Announcer: When you go downtown make sure you enjoy Rusty Browns ring
donuts.

Started playing the PS2 Classic version, and I'm disappointed with the absence of "Billie Jean". Was that the only song removed?
Nope. They removed several others
Michael Jackson -"Billie Jean"
· Michael Jackson -"Wanna Be Startin' Somethin"
· Ozzy Osbourne -"Bark At The Moon"
· Kate Bush -"Wow"
· Herbie Hancock - "Rock It"
· Afrika Bambaataa -"Looking For The Perfect Beat"
· Lionel Richie - "Running with the night"
· A couple of songs from Radio Espantoso
Courtesy of CinemaBlend

Randam

and I cant play it anymore.
or does the old version work with win 8.1?
because under win 7, I couldnt even install it.

Leyasu

Banned
Being a child of the 80s, I do agree that vice city has by far the best soundtrack..

But for me, my favourite decade is the 90s!!! I cant get enough of Absolute 90s (a digital radio station in the UK)

It's the only game in the series where I can listen to all of the stations and find something good to listen to. So much awesome music, they really nailed it in that game. VRock and Emotion were my faves

Vice City actually changed my life. I still have loads of VC songs on my iPhone. Easily one of the most memorable games I've ever played if not the most.

Top Bottom