• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guys at my girlsfriends workplace hitting on her

Aselith

Why is she reporting to you all these instances of people hitting on her? It sounds like she's trying to get a rise out of you/make you jealous, possibly in retaliation. That's a pretty unhealthy start you guys are off to.

Why would she talk to her boyfriend about things happening in her life? Not sure

Why is everyone assuming that OPs GF voluntarily gave her number out? She could have given it to one guy who she needed to carpool with and then that asshole could have sent it to others. Or they could have gotten it from the manager. Or off some company directory.

Source: I've known thirsty fucking assholes who did this shit before.

I'm just trying to picture 6-7 guys in the same work environment so desperate that they're all trying to snake her number from someone just to talk to this one girl. Like what are the odds?

She's gonna have to go through HR again if she wants something done. Keep going as many times as it takes for chucklefucks to get the message, and save texts as they might support her case. Can she begin looking for a new job? If I were in her shoes I'd be trying to get out of there and change my number after I jump to another job, but I realize that might not be an option.

Giving out other people's numbers is such a shit move. I once got phonecalls to the home phone in like middle school from a boy that liked me and I didn't like because my friend gave him my number. My mom was not pleased and I had to give my friend a "why the fuck would you" type talk.

Astral Dog

I feel like there's some red flags popping up.

Working at Best Buy to save up for school again yet she's dropping cash for cabs, she has trust issues yet has a bunch of these guys numbers in her phone (or gave her number out to a bunch of these guys), she seemingly hasn't reported this harassment to HR a second time....

I dunno, something feels off here
Yes. Its the op

Lets just put one thing straight it doesn't matter if it's one guy chatting her up or a thousand if she going to cheat then she going to cheat. Jealously isn't something you want constantly in your relationship.

There are sleazy guys everywhere and you need to trust her to report stuff she's not comfortable with.

As for the guy who changed his shift well she didn't hear it directly from him that was the reason he did it so that's just hearsay.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Some, sure. Every guy she works with? The Chinese-food delivery guy? A lesbian friend?

Yeah, this is way too sketchy, and this is coming from someone whose first reaction to hearing reports of sexual harassment is to believe them.

Either she misreads everyone being friendly to "hitting on her" (and thus thinks OP being friendly with his flatmate is "hitting on her" and therefore is jealous), which make her a pretty stupid person, or she's making all this shit up (or actively flirting with these guys to generate all these texts --- say, OP, have you seen these texts? including the Chinese delivery guy's?) to make OP jealous to better control/manipulate him, which makes her a petty, manipulative bitch.

The third, extremely unlikely scenario is that there's really an absurd shitton of people who won't stop sexually harassing her for some reason, but c'mon...

navii

My fantasy is that my girlfriend was actually a young high school girl.
I met a girl socially. After, she added me on Facebook. I sent her a message and we start chatting, I knew she had a boyfriend but whatever, she added me first and kept on being friendly on messages as well as complaining about her bf. After I asked her out a couple of times she would make excuses as to why she can't, ie. "I'm busy studying" but would never say "I got a bf" or "I'm not interested". After a while I got tired of this and said if you don't wanna hang it's cool, but I am after something more than flirty messages, all the best and wished her goodbye. She still messaged me a few times after that but I didn't take the bait and I stopped replying.

Some people just love the attention.

MastAndo

Why would she talk to her boyfriend about things happening in her life? Not sure
Yeah, that's what's happening here.

"How was your day?"
"Oh fine. Everyone tried to fuck me again today."
"That's nice, dear."

Sounds like the usual relationship conversation pieces to be having over and over 2 months in.

Aselith

"How was your day?"
"That's nice, dear."

Sounds like the usual relationship small talk.

This is a lot of people doing this over a long period of time. People complain to each other about shitty stuff.

vulva

She doesn't exist, does she OP?

edit: or she's possibly a cartoon character you've fallen in love with.

Aselith

youvstheguyshetellsyounottoworryabout.jpg

kNd2TnN.jpg

I'm just trying to picture 6-7 guys in the same work environment so desperate that they're all trying to snake her number from someone just to talk to this one girl. Like what are the odds?
That's also true. I would definitely believe it if it were 1 or 2 cause I've seen and heard about creepers like that. Perhaps OP is sensitive to what exactly counts as harassment?

Principate

Saint Titanfall
There's something very odd here, so one of guys she trusts enough to give her number spreads this without her consent to several other guys but the first dude didn't try hitting on her?

Either that dude/dudes has weird sense of morals (spreads private numbers willy nilly but doesn't hit on girls he's acquired the number from) or there's more to this.

Kumquat

There's something very odd here, so one of guys she trusts enough to give her number spreads this without her consent to several other guys but the first dude didn't try hitting on her?

Either that dude/dudes has weird sense of morals (spreads private numbers willy nilly but doesn't hit on girls he's acquired the number from) or there's more to this.

There is so much questionable stuff involved in this whole sordid tale that doesn't make sense.

So has op given a reason why she can't block these guys and call a uber?

Or block these guys and go to HR again?

Or block these guys and call the corporate office/ go over her managers head

Or block these guys and scold the guy who have her shit out?

Or block these guys and fill out some job apps?

Man If only there was some way to prevent unwanted communication on your phone. Alas there isn't anything that can be done I guess .

You should be confident your girl can get dicks thrown at her all day and she dodge them shits like Neo in the matrix.

If you not then it's time to bounce. Not worth the stress. At two months in I don't expect much loyalty. And not at college age. So I mean you rolling the dice by staying with her.

So either trust her or don't.

1.) Your girlfriend has trust issues
2.) She should reporting that sort of behavior to the management. If they aren't doing anything, you need to ago above the store's head to regional. If they're still not doing anything, as unfair as it is, she should start looking for a new place to work as that environment isn't going to stop being toxic.
3.) Why do these guys have her number?

Why?

But then 1 month into the relationship (we have been dating around 2 months today)

That's why.

DJ88

"How was your day?"
"That's nice, dear."

Sounds like the usual relationship conversation pieces to be having over and over 2 months in.

Yeah, that's exactly how the conversation goes.

flkraven

Just saw the OP edit and seems like the most contrived explanation. OP must have confronted the GF after seeing all these posts about 'how did they get your number' and that was the explanation.

"Hey, those 9 guys that text you jokes and act like they like you. How did they get your number? They aren't the ones that give you rides to work, so why would they have it?"

"Duh. All 9 of them got it from other friends/coworkers just so they could harass me."

"What about the Chinese food guy?"

"Duh. He looked up my number on the receipt just so he could harass me"

"What about that lesbian that likes you?"

"...."

Dabanton

In terms of HR it's a weighing up issue lets not forget HR's job is to protect the company. I would bet she'd be let go before any of these guys apparently hitting on her.

faridmon

Just saw the OP edit and seems like the most contrived explanation. OP must have confronted the GF after seeing all these posts about 'how did they get your number' and that was the explanation.

"Hey, those 9 guys that text you jokes and act like they like you. How did they get your number? They aren't the ones that give you rides to work, so why would they have it?"

"Duh. All 9 of them got it from other friends/coworkers just so they could harass me."

"What about the Chinese food guy?"

"Duh. He looked up my number on the receipt just so he could harass me"

"What about that lesbian that likes you?"

"...."

Smells fishy

OP, you just have to give up on this relationship. You are stressing yiurself out for no reason or all the reasons in the world.

Not a good start

Horse Detective

Why the long case?
Gonna go full GAF meme and say to start considering if the relationship is for you.

Sorry. I don't ever play that card, but I find the whole "Oh my god everyone hits on me and texts me when I give them my number!" thing to be particularly infuriating and manipulative.

I know she doesn't like you talking to women either but I guarantee you if she isn't above this, you will have a massive issue later. Don't put up with this shit. It is NOT worth it.

GodOfVG103

Neo Member
OP i don't want to sound mean but ... you sound desperate to keep her and for that reason you will probably end up losing her.

A few things:

I can tell by your post that your gf is attractive. See here is the problem with dating young and attractive girls. Every guy between the age of 18-90 will try in some way to flirt and "take" your girl away from you. So, you have to understand that and have trust in her that she likes you enough to stay with you.

Now here is the bad news:
Based on how you describe her, she's is probably going to leave eventually because she isn't coming back to school (that is pretty clear. BB isn't going to pay for tuition lmao) and she is going to get with a guy who is more establish right now. (you will get there but not now).

established = a car, money, a decent paying job right now, your own place

Long story short:

Enjoy your time with her but focus on your school work. Throughout your relationship because your gf is attractive you will always have to "deal" with other guys. So stop worrying about something you have no control over. She is the one who has to respect the relationship but like i said before, this is doubtful in the long run.

I have never been in a relationship -- and I've been in quite a few -- where at least the first 5 months or so were anything but great. That's the honeymoon period, OP. You aren't even getting a honeymoon period? :/

OP i don't want to sound mean but ... you sound desperate to keep her and for that reason you will probably end up losing her.

A few things:

I can tell by your post that your gf is attractive. See here is the problem with dating young and attractive girls. Every guy between the age of 18-90 will try in some way to flirt and "take" your girl away from you. So, you have to understand that and have trust in her that she likes you enough to stay with you.

Now here is the bad news:
Based on how you describe her, she's is probably going to leave eventually because she isn't coming back to school (that is pretty clear. BB isn't going to pay for tuition lmao) and she is going to get with a guy who is more establish right now. (you will get there but not now).

established = a car, money, a decent paying job right now, your own place

Long story short:

Enjoy your time with her but focus on your school work. Throughout your relationship because your gf is attractive you will always have to "deal" with other guys. So stop worrying about something you have no control over. She is the one who has to respect the relationship but like i said before, this is doubtful in the long run.

WISDOM.

Next time you balls deep please stop and think about this post. Just remember it's a fleeting thing. Enjoy yourself and let go.

jasonng

Does Best Buy give their retail employees health benefits? Because if I'm married and working at BB I'd be more concern about finances than the hot coworker.

Does Best Buy give their retail employees health benefits? Because if I'm married and working at BB I'd be more concern about finances than the hot coworker.

Full time they did. So obviously they did everything they could to prevent employees from getting full time. You work more than 39.9 hours at your peril. They took that shit super seriously.

Wood Man

A gf I had in college sounds similar. Only dated for 4 or 5 months and she instantly had huge trust issues with me for no reason. Guys were always hitting on her (she was super cute) And she ended up cheating on me.

A gf I had in college sounds similar. Only dated for 4 or 5 months and she instantly had huge trust issues with me for no reason. Guys were always hitting on her (she was super cute) And she ended up cheating on me.

Classic case of trying to make you feel guilty in order to fuck around. Seen it happen plenty of times. Hell, it happened to me.

Top Bottom