• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GVF-Hop l0† 13l La Soulja Nostra

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://twitter.com/DJBluetoothOGG/status/567779469831770112?s=09

Check the date

full

Can't wait to wake up tomorrow looooool

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Is this the part where we act surprised that a guy who literally bought his way into the rap game pays for writtens? It's not even an insult, it's just what he did to get going. Of course he's paying for verses.

Tokubetsu

Is this the part where we act surprised that a guy who literally bought his way into the rap game pays for writtens? It's not even an insult, it's just what he did to get going. Of course he's paying for verses.

or pretend like most of the dudes operating at his level don't use ghostwriters, and not just now, but since the 90s

if you like an artist and they had major hits 95% chance they did not write it themselves brehs

Fjordson

I wanna know who this Quentin Miller dude is. Clearly Meek wasn't just bullshitting.

Acting like Drake is unique for using other writers is comedy, though.

Edit: basically what Toku said

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
or pretend like most of the dudes operating at his level don't use ghostwriters, and not just now, but since the 90s

if you like an artist and they had major hits 95% chance they did not write it themselves brehs

Yup. But for all the people to put on blast for this...Drake? Was the illusion even really there for people? I'm not an Aubrey Expert, but has he ever claimed to be Mr. Rapitty Rap? I don't know what people were expecting, tbh.

I mean, if this was Kendrick getting exposed, I could see it. He's the rappers rapper now. But Drake?

Tokubetsu

Yup. But for all the people to put on blast for this...Drake? Was the illusion even really there for people? I'm not an Aubrey Expert, but has he ever claimed to be Mr. Rapitty Rap? I don't know what people were expecting, tbh.

I mean, if this was Kendrick getting exposed, I could see it. He's the rappers rapper now. But Drake?

Meek just wilding. He did numbers so he's gassed up. This the explosion and it's hilarious.

https://twitter.com/Cass_ito/status/623707034374897664

"Will Nicki speak up? Will drake respond to meek? Is tyga still alive?? Find out next time on dragon ball z!"

sv3Vu78.png

https://twitter.com/KenPiffyJunior/status/623741239645614080
sv3Vu78.png
sv3Vu78.png
sv3Vu78.png

https://twitter.com/freshalina/status/623721580716290048
sv3Vu78.png
sv3Vu78.png
sv3Vu78.png
sv3Vu78.png
sv3Vu78.png

Fjordson

That's true, but it's not even just guys like Drake. I mean ain't no way Kanye's written every single bar he's had with all his collaborators. Even older guys like Nas and Jay have been accused of using ghost writers for years.

Though I don't even know if this Quentin Miller guy counts as a ghostwriter. Q. Miller is right there in the credits for If You're Reading This on multiple tracks.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace

Nibel

The Nicki situation is more hilarious to me now that I've read up on it.
KuGsj.gif

Like, what did she expect? One video with Beyoncé is like two chicks spending too much time with their home camcorder. The other one is a cry for attention that offers nothing else than the spectacle that is her artificial body. No comparison to what the others did in any way.

Bringing racism up when something doesn't go your way is lame as heck.

Fjordson

For real, Wale/Roscoe Dash/OG Maco/other nobodies catching strays is the best part of this:

@theDYNAMICS
LMAOOOOOOOOOO RT @__J_R: Lol this nigga OG Maco entered himself in the discussion talking bout competition. Nigga sold 2 million vine loops

@SirRatchettness 2h2 hours ago
Meanwhile Wale is busy trying to find this inner peace and perfect his downward facing dog.

CKfoTACUcAEEuY7.jpg

CRINE
Fucking dead. Lmfao.

Also, I hate that I know this but it was retweeted by peeps on my timeline, Meek deleted everything on his Instagram with Nicki in it. Aubrey tearing them apart forreal.

Tokubetsu

14zg3d8.jpg

If you have one def. follow Vince on twitter. Dude is lowkey a massive asshole but the good kind. Always pretty funny and never too serious.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
We know drake ain't ghost writing. got everything on his personal iphone. besides, his shit ain't even clever enough to need more than one person.

Eos

nah he most likely had help but then again, who listens to drake for lyrical content?
i just want to see how he's gonna respond

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Yeah, I don't believe the ghostwriting shit primarily because the logic pretty much extends as far as you want to shit on someone. Wayne writing for Birdman, Drake writing for Wayne, Nickelus F/Kanye/Quentin/rumoured female writing for Drake, etc. It's a rap rabbit hole that's pretty much a consequence of paying too much attention to this shit, like unironic use of the term "industry plant."

It's definitely possible and the candidates have been out in the open for a while (part of the reason I think otherwise), but his style is so ubiquitous and all the pieces of the puzzle clearly only come together when it's Drake's shit proper so... I don't know. On the flipside this is the dude who freestyled off of his Blackberry. It can go either way.

That said,

tumblr_nrvihhir1X1rjq17do1_540.jpg

xVWUUxx.png

Time to head to bed.

giphy.gif

Fjordson

Thing is, it's not even really a mystery with what Meek tweeted. Like I said, Quentin Miller is right there in the credits for multiple tracks.

Unless Meek is suggesting that this Quentin dude wrote every word on the album, but that's a lot harder to believe.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Thing is, it's not even really a mystery with what Meek tweeted. Like I said, Quentin Miller is right there in the credits for multiple tracks.

Unless Meek is suggesting that this Quentin dude wrote every word on the album, but that's a lot harder to believe.
Reputation wise, getting someone to contribute to a track and having a dude write your verses are completely different things.

I think you'd be hard pressed to find anything like the latter consistently outside of producer-rappers and even then it's more often way closer to the former. It's pretty inefficient and the theory doesn't really make sense, especially when you're at a point where basically anything you say is a quotable. Makes for a sexier story though.

MeekMill
@MeekMill

When he said the dream girl shit on Rico I thought he was coming at me lol Then youngbull played me the verse in his voice b4 my album came out I was mad as shit! Lol

http://tmi.me/1f6ZU4

I'm guessing youngbull is Quentin. So Meek is saying Quentin wrote Drake's whole verse on RICO because Quentin played him the reference track.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom