• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: The Master Chief Collection | Review Thread

Toki767

Well that is kind of concerning. For a lot of people, multiplayer is the main sell of these titles. Giving them scores without even playing the multiplayer...is kind of crazy. 11/10 though.

I'm guessing most people are just having faith in Microsoft's servers. I definitely wouldn't expect Live to go down when this releases or anything.

These technical issues are a bit troubling. I kinda wish they would dump the idea of running two engines at once. Seems to cause more problems than benefits.

I would find this hard to give a high score because as a remaster you're looking at the technical aspects of the upgrade and not the game itself. We all know the games are great but is the upgrade well done? That's the question I think. And it seems to be plagued by tech issues enough that several reviews talk about them. I think reviewers let how great the originals are cloud their review of the remaster. It's hard to separate the two and I think deciding how to review a remaster is fairly difficult though.

Darranged

Neo Member
What's the multiplayer like in SA? Worth diving into?

On a 4mb line, I did experience some minimal lag. Which is to be expected based on my distance from everything. But much like other Halo games, the netcode is pretty smooth and constant, and easy to adjust to.

Revengineer

Unconfirmed Member
I'm guessing most people are just having faith in Microsoft's servers. I definitely wouldn't expect Live to go down when this releases or anything.

I love Sony/the PS4, but they have been behind the curve when it comes to servers and stability for a long time.

Happy to see some healthy competition, excited to try the nextgen Xbox for this game lol :D

Biogamer Girl or get out.

I have it preloaded and am just ready to relive some old memories. Sad I won't be able to play with the same buddy.

Mononoke

Banned
Already asked this, but does anyone know if this game uses impulse triggers? I haven't been keeping up with this collection at all. I've already played every Halo game, and kind of just waited for it all to get released. So I'm kind of going in blind with all the stuff this comes with. I'm pretty excited.

However, I really love the X1 controller, especially when it uses the impulse triggers (like Ryse, Sunset Overdrive and Forza). I'm hoping since this is a MS title, it will have it.

Random17

You know, I only care the review from Biogamer Girl. Who needs IGN?

This joke is going over my head. Anyone mind explaining?

Also @splitscreen framerate, I've heard conflicting reports on it. The whole game is supposed to be 60FPS. Let's wait for official confirmation.

NateDrake

Also @splitscreen framerate, I've heard conflicting reports on it. The whole game is supposed to be 60FPS. Let's wait for official confirmation.

BioGamerGirl was an obscure website quoted in a Destiny accolade TV commercial.

ryan299

I believe the joke comes from Activision using them in a tv spot for Destiny bc they didn't get good reviews from any of the name sites. So now everybody will only play a game if biogamergirl gives it a good review lol.

Already asked this, but does anyone know if this game uses impulse triggers? I haven't been keeping up with this collection at all. I've already played every Halo game, and kind of just waited for it all to get released. So I'm kind of going in blind with all the stuff this comes with. I'm pretty excited.

However, I really love the X1 controller, especially when it uses the impulse triggers (like Ryse, Sunset Overdrive and Forza). I'm hoping since this is a MS title, it will have it.

Yes it does support them, but I believe Frankie said that out of the box only H2A supports it, and maybe one other game, with the rest of package getting support patched in later. And there will be able an option to toggle them on or off, unlike most games.

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
I really don't see why the multiplayer needs to contribute to the overall score, I mean, who doesn't know what to expect after 12yrs?

Mononoke

Banned
Yes it does support them, but I believe Frankie said that out of the box only H2A supports it, and maybe one other game, with the rest of package getting support patched in later. And there will be able an option to toggle them on or off, unlike most games.

First off, thank you for taking the time to reply. I truly appreciate it!

That is both good and bad news. Well, mostly great news. But, I was kind of hoping it supported it completely. At least it's good to know that Halo 2 has them, and that the rest will get patched in.

So I'm really stupid when it comes to how this works. Does MCC have all the multiplayer maps in ONE thing. Or do you boot up each game, then enter multiplayer specific to that game? So impulse triggers would work on Halo 2 multiplayer?

Honestly from a value proposition alone I don't know how anyone could give this less than a 9. And wtf at reviewing only half the game.

Toki767

First off, thank you for taking the time to reply. I truly appreciate it!

That is both good and bad news. Well, mostly great news. But, I was kind of hoping it supported it completely. At least it's good to know that Halo 2 has them, and that the rest will get patched in.

So I'm really stupid when it comes to how this works. Does MCC have all the multiplayer maps in ONE thing. Or do you boot up each game, then enter multiplayer specific to that game? So impulse triggers would work on Halo 2 multiplayer?

I'm guessing impulse triggers only work for Halo 2 Anniversary single player for now?

Pretty sure all the maps are in one place.

JLeack

Banned

It does. Impulse Triggers are even in the settings. They sure make firing the guns feel good.

Top Bottom