• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon Zero Dawn PSX 2016 Trailer. It Still Looks Absolutely Amazing!

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7sm4i94mUY

1080p Gamersyde Version. Shortened version of the conference trailer

Game looks absolutely splendid from the sprawling beautiful environments, the detailed and well animated enemies often with tons of them on screen at the same time all interacting, and in general just appears fun and fantastic.

Edit: Adding some screen grabs from the trailer. Thanks VanWinkle!

HcaMhTJ.gif

Edit 2: Shots from the bit of footage shown off at the Kojima Panel which also included Herman Hulst of Guerrilla Games as well as Mark Cerny. Its a small clip of a large marketplace.

Out of nowhere this popped up during the Kojima panel

horizon1x0su7.png

horizon2zfsnu.png

horizon341sy1.png

horizon4zhsie.png

Edit 3: Added a high quality 1080p version. Thanks PLASTICA-MAN

Edit 4:

Indeed. Shinobi602 was rigth about the trailer being astounding. Someone please make a gif about the night section in the jungle: the lighting and SSS look very real.

Zedark

I still love the game's art style. Hope it becomes an amazing looking game with content to match! The hirings Guerrilla games made are promising, so the game has the potential to be really special.

HStallion

You know dude when shinobi said this trailer was gonn be hot fire i kinda got a bit overhyped but nonetheless it was still good. We got another look at the different environments of the game and some more beasties

We even saw what I think are some new moves like Aloi doing a leaping downward spear attack onto one of the machines.

VanWinkle

Video quality was absolutely horrendous, so I had to make these images pretty small to look halfway decent,but you can still tell what a BEAUTIFUL game this is.

G96WDIm.jpg

Iq5QDO6.jpg

7PK939Z.jpg

RB2y4Qg.jpg

M7H2Fud.jpg

CbsLkQH.jpg

zIA8Swm.jpg

EQQtEqz.jpg

AudioEppa

I'm a little sour on the game atm, but hopefully I can get re-excited by release.

Maybe another story trailer can get me hyped, right now it's just a beautiful game that's open world.

Don't hunt me down, but it's cool if you do

HStallion

I'm a little sour on the game atm, but hopefully I can get re-excited by release.

Maybe another story trailer can get me hyped, right now it's just a beautiful game that's open world.

Don't hunt me down, but it's cool if you do

Just pointing out that most everyone who has played it has said the gameplay is one of the best aspects especially in comparison to a lot of the other open world games out there.

Just pointing out that most everyone who has played it has said the gameplay is one of the best aspects especially in comparison to a lot of the other open world games out there.
For a western rpg to have really solid combat is a rarity imo. Also as tempy have pointed out, there might be some new machines in the video

VanWinkle

I REALLY want to see the following during the panel tomorrow:

-Exploration of the open world. Doesn't have to be the whole world obviously, but much more than the chunk we've seen in previous gameplay.

-A full side quest played out. One that has at least a decent narrative focus.

-A showcase of a settlement and light discussion of the humans place in this world with regards to societies.

-Some tech talk.

HStallion

...I'm just pointing out the ants :p

I didn't even notice them until someone pointed them out. That is one of those amazing details I might expect in a Kojima game. Not only that but if that's actually something you can see in the open world of the game that's mind blowing.

flattie

I have never been more impressed by visuals. I hope GG deliver on the gameplay front. This might be special.

~Kinggi~

Banned
I still dont know quite how open world this is. The environments are more amazing than any other traditional open world game i have seen, so i cant help but think there might still be a "closed" nature to this. Probably a lot of artificial barriers. Still gonna be amazing though.

labaronx

Yeah looks amazing, one of the big reasons right now on why I'm getting a Pro next year.

Games in development now and not releasing in two weeks are gonna take full advantage of the pro, especially with sony first party studios...

This and mlb 17 the show are probably gonna be the best examples of the ps4 pro hardware in the near future, Horizon needs to be bundled with pro units

KZObsessed

I think this is the best looking game revealed to date. I need a Pro for this.

I'm not gonna get too hyped for it but I have faith in Guerrilla this time.

HStallion

I still dont know quite how open world this is. The environments are more amazing than any other traditional open world game i have seen, so i cant help but think there might still be a "closed" nature to this. Probably a lot of artificial barriers. Still gonna be amazing though.

I figure it uses the environment as the barrier. I'm willing to bet that mountains aren't easy to traverse in the early game for example. Maybe you open up a mount... or flying mount later on to surmount them but I expect that like in real life, there will be trails and passes to make it through the mountains with relative easy while you have the option of freely exploring them but because of the versatility and the steepness of the environment its not so easy an option.

ironcreed

Banned
Still one of the best looking games I have ever seen both in terms of visuals and concept.

On a side note, 2017 is literally:

awesome.gif

Top Bottom