• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon Zero Dawn PSX 2016 Trailer. It Still Looks Absolutely Amazing!

Thretau

Any word on the quality of the story in this game? I've only seen the small glimpses of the dialogue in the gameplay demos. I'm just afraid it ends up mediocre like other Guerrilla games

Any word on the quality of the story in this game? I've only seen the small glimpses of the dialogue in the gameplay demos. I'm just afraid it ends up mediocre like other Guerrilla games
Has the writer of New Vegas and some quest designers from The Witcher III apparently

RootCause

Out of nowhere this popped up during the Kojima panel

horizon1x0su7.png

horizon2zfsnu.png

horizon341sy1.png

horizon4zhsie.png
It's like everything I've wanted Zelda to be. :0

The game certainly looks awesome, but every time they mention "secrets" I start to get more and more worried about its story. When they were first talking it up as a post-post-apocalypse game I hoped it meant it wouldn't get caught up in The Mystery of What Happened and would instead focus on telling a story in the present.

BumRush

The game certainly looks awesome, but every time they mention "secrets" I start to get more and more worried about its story. When they were first talking it up as a post-post-apocalypse game I hoped it meant it wouldn't get caught up in The Mystery of What Happened and would instead focus on telling a story in the present.

I actually feel the exact opposite...the secrets are intriguing.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?

They've been pretty open about the story focusing on who Aloi is and what happened in the past that lead to the machines and the collapse of the ancient super advanced civilization.

We know the release date, the thing is we don't have confirmation of it after the new trailer.

This makes...no sense. They confirmed the release date at E3 in media assets and a press release. They then reiterated the February/March release date on-stage at PSX mere hours ago.

squall211

It's because of when this game is coming out that I am totally fine with Persona 5 being delayed until April. Can't wait.

Venture

The water effects still look kinda crappy. The splashes when the grazers run through are OK but there's almost zero reaction by the water when the gator walks into the water and when his head pops up. The rest of the game is so beautiful this always stands out to me.

The water effects still look kinda crappy. The splashes when the grazers run through are OK but there's almost zero reaction by the water when the gator walks into the water and when his head pops up. The rest of the game is so beautiful this always stands out to me.
Yeah I agree with the water looking like ass and having no effect

They were demoing the Pro demo from the PlayStation Pro reveal here at PSX. Crazy seeing the game in 4k/HDR. They were manually switching between modes to accentuate the differences. Beautiful game.

Out of nowhere this popped up during the Kojima panel
Hey solid think you can get a higher resolution of these pictures?
They were demoing the Pro demo from the PlayStation Pro reveal here at PSX. Crazy seeing the game in 4k/HDR. They were manually switching between modes to accentuate the differences. Beautiful game.
Interesting. Was it the same playablr demo from bgs and previous showings?

Elios83

This game really has the potential to be next big IP of the industry.
Hopefully Guerrilla has written an interesting story to support the gameplay and make it a true masterpiece.
Also this will probably be the first game where we'll see what the Pro can do with dedicated optimizations.

RootCause

That's pretty cool. Maybe will see a robot that looks like one of the Metal Gears.

On a side note someone more skilled at the gif making game should capture a few of the better moments from the trailer like the aforementioned ants.
Maybe a special side quest. Would be pretty sweet.

Memento

Simply stunning.

This game is ridiculous gorgeous.

It looks like it will take the crown for best visual on a console game when it releases. Which is crazy since it is an open world game. Jesus, Guerrila is AMAZING.

HStallion

Which video shows the area with the town (from Shinobi's Twitter pics)?

The Death Stranding panel once they reveal that GG is working with Kojima using the decima engine. Its sometime after that as they show off some clips and stills and then the marketplace part shows up.

Y'all better watch that panel that later. Might learn something new about the story from John Gonzales and hell maybe another trailer(just like with uncharted 4 last year)

Wow in the night section in the jungle that I was talking about before , I just noticed that ants are carrying leaves on the trunk of the tree.

Sony please release this in 4K.

Got to play it at PSX and it's great.

There were 4 mech type specific quests in a small sandbox area. Sony rep stood by my side and had me try all sorts of cool shit - like shooting a fire arrow at canisters on mechs to cause explosions as opposed to detaching them for resources.

So much damn fun. No surprises, played exactly as I figured it would.

Saw the 4K version too, and that's a looker...

There were 4 mech type specific quests in a small sandbox area. Sony rep stood by my side and had me try all sorts of cool shit - like shooting a fire arrow at canisters on mechs to cause explosions as opposed to detaching them for resources.

Haha dude I remember the first psx where you outright askes about horizon and got quickly shutdown..that was funny

HStallion

Was it the same demo we've seen a bunch of times before? Something new?

Apathy

really hope that in the cities that the engine can do movement near people like the AC engine does it that the character very realistically moves through a crowd.

This game really has the potential to be next big IP of the industry.
Hopefully Guerrilla has written an interesting story to support the gameplay and make it a true masterpiece.
Also this will probably be the first game where we'll see what the Pro can do with dedicated optimizations.

Yeah, this game is shaping up fantastically.

really hope that in the cities that the engine can do movement near people like the AC engine does it that the character very realistically moves through a crowd.

That would be cool.

Borrow some of that ND tech if needed to get it in.

Top Bottom