• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jade Raymond Envolope on the Game Awards was incorrectly printed

Toparaman

Banned
Who gets credit for the Keifer Sutherland burn though? Because that shit was fire.

I'm just going to keep thinking that she ad-libbed it in a moment of drunken brilliance.

Yeah I dunno, watching that video, either she was having trouble reading the cue cards, or she's obviously on whatever Harrison Ford is on, because they talk

at exactly

the same

pace

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I am shocked. Because perfectly reasonable and decent people on this board were positive she was an incompetent, intoxicated, [insert misogynistic noun here].

I thought this would have been MORE THAN obvious last night.....

because for the first 12 hours they assumed people would resort to some sort of common sense. obviously they assumed wrong.

It is pathetic isn't it.

SMH

Sometimes (almost daily), I am embarrassed/ashamed to be a part of the human race.

Head.spawn

Ahhh, right on. Video?

Sorry, on my phone, but this was the reaction.

wijwzm.gif

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
so controversy (lol) over. everyone get back to important things.

Fhtagn

Dude, she looked drunk as fuck.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6DBWVBz3d24

You can chalk it up to all the misogynists here on Gaf but it was pretty apparent that she wasn't all there as soon as she started talking. Then she threw shade at Keifer out of nowhere and then it seemed like she fumbled reading the envelope.

It's no surprise that people thought she was drunk.

Out of nowhere? That punchline was so obvious from the second she started talking. I would be shocked if it was an ad-lib.

RedAssedApe

Banned
Im sure keifers heard the same burn through out his association with the project. If it was a TelePrompTer (if that unverified Twitter is hers she said it was). I'm gonna assume they okeyed it with him

Still funny regardless

LPride

Banned
Dude, she looked drunk as fuck.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6DBWVBz3d24

You can chalk it up to all the misogynists here on Gaf but it was pretty apparent that she wasn't all there as soon as she started talking. Then she threw shade at Keifer out of nowhere and then it seemed like she fumbled reading the envelope.

It's no surprise that people thought she was drunk.

While she was definitely either drunk or incredibly nervous, I cannot believe anyone would ever take offense at the Keifer joke. Ricky Gervais must have made everyone here clutch their pearls with all the jokes HE was telling about celebrities at his award show appearance!

Paganmoon

The Sutherland shade was funny as hell. Very Gervais, not sure what problem people could have with that.

The award itself, haven't seen it yet, but the way it's transcribed so far seems like it indeed was missprint on the envelope.

gogogow

It was the award for Best Performance. She read the VA for Geralt in Witcher 3 when really the woman from Her Story won.

She didn't. She said the correct name, but the wrong game. So she said Viva Seifert, The Witcher 3 instead of Viva Seifert, Her Story.

It always amazes me how sensitive gamers get over the tiniest things (yet moan about people being too offended, apparently resulting in overly PC games).

DryvBy

WorkGAF here. I can't watch YouTube. Someone explain what happened? I was going to just watch this tonight.

injurai

Banned
While she was definitely either drunk or incredibly nervous, I cannot believe anyone would ever take offense at the Keifer joke. Ricky Gervais must have made everyone here clutch their pearls with all the jokes HE was telling about celebrities at his award show appearance!

and it was the best award show for it

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
Yeah I dunno, watching that video, either she was having trouble reading the cue cards, or she's obviously on whatever Harrison Ford is on, because they talk

at exactly

the same

pace

yeah, I mean I am more leaning to her being drunk.. but the things people were actually annoyed about (Hayter and Witcher 3) were clearly on the writers/producers.. not her.

and the Hayter thing I don't get... people rib at awards shows all the time.. Sutherland's an acclaimed TV and movie star of some classic titles from both industries.. do you really think he cares that he catches a little shit at an award show all in good fun?

Alienous

She was showing the envelope, wasn't she?

Anyway as part of the game industry I'd expect her to be able to wing it better than that.

Schryver

Obviously it was incorrectly printed. I just don't get why she didn't say the correct game right afterwards. Would have been crazy if the actor from the game that was announced was the one who was supposed to win

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops

I wasn't offended and most people in the thread thought it was funny. However, it's probably not something someone does without having a drink or two in them.

I looked at her and then she started reading and I thought, "she looks drunk" but it turns out it was just because I'm a misogynist.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
If people laughing at a drunk presenter makes you embarrassed to be human then you'll need solitary confinement to stay sane.

I am not talking about that specifically, but let us pretend that people were not being more crass and using it as a pedestal to spew even more unnecessary hate, etc. over video games.

I mean as a whole, on this planet, not this specific scenario, but many scenarios globally with our species.

Let us keep pretending people were being so noble in their cause tho.

iNvid02

the funniest part was when a thread got made demanding for her to apologize to kiefer

she was probably laughing with with kiefer, viva and the guy from cdpr in the after party while you're sitting here getting butt hurt on gaf

DryvBy

The game.

The actress was from Her Story.

Ok. I just pieced this together so now it makes sense. Thanks.

the funniest part was when a thread got made demanding for her to apologize to kiefer

she was probably laughing with with kiefer, viva and the guy from cdpr in the after party while you're sitting here getting butt hurt on gaf

...and now what?

georly

Out of nowhere? That punchline was so obvious from the second she started talking. I would be shocked if it was an ad-lib.

I'd be shocked if it wasn't ad lib. Who at the game awards thought that would have been a good idea to write on the teleprompter... especially when the previous award was for best action game that Kiefer himself picked up? Why would anyone write that for her to say?

Top Bottom