• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jade Raymond Envolope on the Game Awards was incorrectly printed

Joey Ravn

Banned
If it was misprinted, how do we know the name of the winner was correct and the name of the game incorrect and not the other way around?

The plot thickens.

Her burn was completely out of place, though.

thenexus6

Sorry, on my phone, but this was the reaction.

wijwzm.gif

This GIF is going to get some good use.

Alucrid

Banned
If it was misprinted, how do we know the name of the winner was correct and the name of the game incorrect and not the other way around?

The plot thickens.

like minutes after that geoff clarified that the winner was from her story

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
I looked at her and then she started reading and I thought, "she looks drunk" but it turns out it was just because I'm a misogynist.

I was refering to people calling her out for fucking everything up.. obviously she wasn't all there.. which hey Geoff... serving your presenters during or before the show.. probably not a good idea... but yeah, clearly her level of sobriety was the least problematic part of her presenting..

The plot thickens.
This was the FIRST thing I thought as well. "So umm... which one printed on the card was right!?"

it wasn't "her" burn. She just had the (unfortunate apparently) job of reading the joke during her presenting..

HardRojo

Regarding the "burn". It might have been a nice joke if someone else said it, but, as I mentioned yesterday, her delivery was poor and the joke was lost.

FluxWaveZ

I don't like how that .gif cuts out the best part of the moment, which is the woman two seats away just having a chuckle.

LOL at anyone who has hurt feelings over either the David Hayter comment or misreading. Some sensitive people out there.

My feelings aren't hurt but it was a cheap shot that was totally uncalled for.

Keifer is an awesome dude and loves video games. No reason to shit on him at an awards show.

I expected shit like that at the Spike VGA's but we've supposedly moved past that, at least I thought we did until she made that comment last night.

Yurikerr

This post isn't by me, it's by a guy with the same username as me.
I know, but has anyone clarified that?

Well, i'm sure that if Viva wasn't the real winner nobody would had let her accept the award.

And Geoff said on twitter today that the envelop was misprinted.

Rembrandt

Banned
I'd be shocked if it wasn't ad lib. Who at the game awards thought that would have been a good idea to write on the teleprompter... especially when the previous award was for best action game that Kiefer himself picked up? Why would anyone write that for her to say?

Because they're adults with senses of humor and aren't overly sensitive.

Guri

People think she was drunk because she made a quick joke (and then said it was mean and apologized, by the way) and then read a card incorrectly printed? She knew something was wrong there. Come on, people.

I'm glad I didn't visit that thread yesterday.

rhandino

Banned
My feelings aren't hurt but it was a cheap shot that was totally uncalled for.

Keifer is an awesome dude and loves video games. No reason to shit on him at an awards show.

I expected shit like that at the Spike VGA's but we've supposedly moved past that, at least I thought we did until she made that comment last night.
Have you seen other awards shows? Mocking and throwing jokes at the expense of some of the guests is part of the norm in this things...

I could agree that it felt a bit flat and could have a little better preparation but hey, was funny and I chuckled at the constant Konami bashing =3

Head.spawn

What was he reacting too?

Jade nervously dropped ether on Keifer Sutherland with a joke about "imagine playing MGS without the great voice acting of David Hayter..."

Then when she went to read off the winner of the award, she said the ladies name from the game Her Story, but said the name of the game wrong.

"Blah blah... Witcher 3?"

That gif is the guy from CDPR, and you can see the lady in front of him who won the award smiling, while he was completely confused.

RedAssedApe

Banned
People think she was drunk because she made a quick joke (and then said it was mean and apologized, by the way) and then read a card incorrectly printed? She knew something was wrong there. Come on, people.

No people think she was dunk because the way she was acting and speaking.

FluxWaveZ

Well, she was something.

K9TeG3Al.jpg

*slasher smile*

"...Hi."

*audience laughs nervously*

joseph

Banned
I am shocked. Because perfectly reasonable and decent people on this board were positive she was an incompetent, intoxicated, [insert misogynistic noun here].
wow..

didn't take long for someone to play the gender card

/eye roll

Dr.Acula

Banned
Well, i'm sure that if Viva wasn't the real winner nobody would had let her accept the award.

And Geoff said on twitter today that the envelop was misprinted.

Imagine if they had to yank the award away from her on stage, live. I can't see that happening.

Who cares if she was drunk? Are the VGA some holy award show that can't be desecrated by blunders or what.

Would that even be an issue if it were a man instead? And burns come on watch the emmys once.

//ARCANUM

Now to throw even more suspicion on the whole thing, what if the actor from WITCHER 3 WAS the winner, and the misprint was the actress's name and NOT the game name and once she announced the HER STORY actress as the winner, the game awards decided to cut their losses and just go with it?

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Who cares if she was drunk? Are the VGA some holy award show that can't be desecrated by blunders or what.

Would that even be an issue if it were a man instead?

Isn't not an issue?

It's just a fact.

Would you be trying to find offense (where there is none) if this were a man instead?

entremet

Shade Raymond was my favorite part.

Sucks about the misprint.

Would that even be an issue if it were a man instead? And burns come on watch the emmys once.

Why are you going there?

Most people thought the whole thing was funny and innocent. No one is shitting on Jade.

What a bunch of man babies in this thread and when it happened, its not exactly the end of the world. It's not even thread worthy.

Now to throw even more suspicion on the whole thing, what if the actor from WITCHER 3 WAS the winner, and the misprint was the actress's name and NOT the game name and once she announced the HER STORY actress as the winner, the game awards decided to cut their losses and just go with it?

Then the integrity of these video game awards is ruined forever!

Because some people hate fun being involved in an event about video games. She was the best part of the show. If shitty remasters and sequels that I can ignore are the cost for all the good things Lucas has done it seems like a small price to pay.

No. We know she was drunk because she was slurring her words, had a lack of inhibition, and other telltale signs of being a plastered boozer.

Head.spawn

I didn't think she was drunk, probably just really nervous about dropping a joke as harsh as she did. Like everyone else in the entire show was straight up cornballing it and she just comes in like she was there for a Comedy Central Roast. It seemed like apprehension to me.

Props to her for doing it, it made the night IMO.

Top Bottom