• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July 2015 NPD (U.S. Hardware) Predictions - Closes August 11th

stryke

Didn't post these before, because they really don't help with monthly predictions. If you just want general sales discussion fodder, though ...

PS360vsPS4XB1_201506.png

LastGenx2vsCurrentGen_201506.png

LastGenx2vsCurrentGen_1-2_201506.png

I wonder what it would take to capture that Wii audience again

allan-bh

According to a Best Buy employee on reddit, 12,000 Xbox One consoles was sold in first day of the deal (Xbox One + 40 inches Samsung TV). They was expecting sell 5,000 all week. Additional Xbox One inventory is expected to arrive stores tomorrow.

It seems that can be a good august for Xbox One on NPD.

Blanquito

According to a Best Buy employee on reddit, 12,000 Xbox One consoles was sold in first day of the deal (Xbox One + 40 inches Samsung TV). They was expecting sell 5,000 all week. Additional Xbox One inventory is expected to arrive stores tomorrow.

I'd like to hear from our verified employee to see if this is true...

Genio88

Plus the Rare Replay launched last week, that could have helped Xbox One too, i can see Xbox One ahead PS4 this month

Chobel

Link?

Abdiel

I'd like to hear from our verified employee to see if this is true...

I don't know how they would verify across the entire company, unless they directly went in and tallied up every single district's sales, or if they were high enough to get summary reports. We sold out of all the inventory we had in pretty much every store, but as I said in a previous post, some stores got more inventory, and some got less.

We're supposed to get in more stock as part of our weekly shipments, but it's still not a uniform number across the districts.

Blanquito

I don't know how they would verify across the entire company, unless they directly went in and tallied up every single district's sales, or if they were high enough to get summary reports. We sold out of all the inventory we had in pretty much every store, but as I said in a previous post, some stores got more inventory, and some got less.

We're supposed to get in more stock as part of our weekly shipments, but it's still not a uniform number across the districts.

Good to know, thanks! I trust you more than I trust some reddit person. That'll be good numbers for the xb1

Abdiel

I don't think Rare Replay is a system seller.

I mean, it's had some really happy/excited folks picking it up, but I don't think I've seen anyone buying the system and mentioning that as their reason. It was a nice budget add on for some folks though.

So I agree, I don't see the Rare Replay as a system seller, but it's definitely a nice bullet point for them.

I'm always amused because the only Rare game I have fond memories of besides Goldeneye is Jet Force Gemini. My options for buying games back then were really limited by money, and I wasn't really super into the Banjo games. And by amused I just mean it's funny how disparate tastes can be. I'm happy for the Rare fans that get to enjoy their beloved games.

Welfare

Still skeptical about this, but if true that's pretty good. Was already expecting a pretty good August before this deal, but this deal seems to be doing well.

He has apologized for "fan-boying out" since then and now is trying to be known as the "co-exist" gamer guy.

https://mobile.twitter.com/DMC_Ryan/status/630493881147113472

He is an ok dude that was in charge of IGN'S Xbox team when they were in their prime, so his over enthusiasm for the brand is understandable in the context. But the editor probably should have softened it up some, even if they thought Titanfall would be the new hottness...

I wasn't even talking about his console bias. I was just talking about him being wrong in general:
http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/10/03/alien-isolation-review

It's, once again, a fabulous discount.
I wonder how much they lose on every console in this deal.
Sadly, we don't have unlimited access to data, because I would like to know how much money the average US consumer spends on an X-box effectively.

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
I also saw a thread on here the other day about a PS4 + Arkham Knight + Far Cry 4 bundle with Gamestop.

That XBO + TV deal is madness. So wish I had the money right now.... :-(

I thought about changing my numbers but the hell with it...I'm going to ride or die with the first choice this time. Might have did good picking high with XBO.

Chobel

Shit! I was busy watching Twitch and forgot to edit my predictions.

And congratulations Mister Megative!

joecanada

I wonder what it would take to capture that Wii audience again

They're on mobile now and there's no way they are leaving iPad behind for consoles unless some gimmick gets them back. Before it was motion control...3d tried but failed..

Maybe vr? Lol no but it'd be cool if it took off.

Nicce! I was with my friend when I heard about the deal, and told him. He didn't believe the deal was real until I showed him it, and so he immediately told one of his friends that wanted one.
Word can spread fast on these things.

AP90

I'm hoping rare replay charts well. (well deserved IMO)

Edit: Forgot it released A week ago... Here we come September! Lol

stryke

They're on mobile now and there's no way they are leaving iPad behind for consoles unless some gimmick gets them back. Before it was motion control...3d tried but failed..

Maybe vr? Lol no but it'd be cool if it took off.

Oh I know where they are now, just wondering out loud. Even if VR proves to be a good experience the price entry point is still going to be way too high for it take off.

super6646

Banned
This is too late, but I might as well say it.

[3DS] 95k
[PS4] 210k
[WIU] 45k (poor Wii U)
[XB1] 220k (I'm about to get lots of hate for this one).

Top Bottom