• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kanye West freestyling circa 1996

Status
Not open for further replies.
My bass drums samples are all under 20hz and my hi hats are over 30k, that's how fucking futuristic they are. You aren't ready. None of you are ready for beats as fucking brutal as mine. They're fucking hilarious. I swear, they stink like your mums gusset. Fat like butter, spreadable like Dairylee. They are beyond reproach. Devious and ill-mannered. Imagine a thousand mosquitos simultaneously stinging your ear drums. Now imagine those mosquitos are doing that at over 200 bpm. That, my friends, is just the start. Now imagine your in the pits at a formula one race and there's a crash on the track and one of the super-softs bounces over the pit wall and hits you straight in the fucking gut, breaking 3 ribs and puncturing a lung, causing a 3-4 inch cut to your temple as you tumble to the ground holding on to your balls for dear life. Imagine that. That's about half as majestic as a single one of my dirty kick drum beats. My hi hats are at 2000bpm, my bass drums at 69.5bpm and the snare is NOWHERE TO BE FOUND because with shit this funky a snare drum would only be taking the piss. I use a fucking WACK clap sound I sampled from an old Casio PT-30 which I routinely feed through a Leslie Rotary speaker, back into a mic, out to a reverb chamber of over 1000sq ft, into the desk, back into the carpark, and then directly injected into the willing arseholes of over a million funky idiots who all hanker for rhythms unheard. They are not disappointed and nor should they be. My beats are heartbreakingly effective.

If you think Kanye West is a talented musician you're either a fucking moron or on his pay roll.
i7HFFFZ.gif

In rrgards to freestyles....

Theres 2 definitions. Professionlly back then, a freestyle was any written verse that wasnt for a song or had title. Just Bars...thus "Free" style...

Now understand that that is professionally, yet those listening, would hear the term freestyle before these rhymes spit, and people would think it was "off the top"

So the other definition of freestyle is literally "off the top" of your head. Not a prewritten verse.

Its why alot of rappers back in the day that would go with the latter definition and emphasize "off the top" before they spit.

Back then, that is technically a freestyle. Nowadays however, the term freestyle is more towards the latter definition.

My bass drums samples are all under 20hz and my hi hats are over 30k, that's how fucking futuristic they are. You aren't ready. None of you are ready for beats as fucking brutal as mine. They're fucking hilarious. I swear, they stink like your mums gusset. Fat like butter, spreadable like Dairylee. They are beyond reproach. Devious and ill-mannered. Imagine a thousand mosquitos simultaneously stinging your ear drums. Now imagine those mosquitos are doing that at over 200 bpm. That, my friends, is just the start. Now imagine your in the pits at a formula one race and there's a crash on the track and one of the super-softs bounces over the pit wall and hits you straight in the fucking gut, breaking 3 ribs and puncturing a lung, causing a 3-4 inch cut to your temple as you tumble to the ground holding on to your balls for dear life. Imagine that. That's about half as majestic as a single one of my dirty kick drum beats. My hi hats are at 2000bpm, my bass drums at 69.5bpm and the snare is NOWHERE TO BE FOUND because with shit this funky a snare drum would only be taking the piss. I use a fucking WACK clap sound I sampled from an old Casio PT-30 which I routinely feed through a Leslie Rotary speaker, back into a mic, out to a reverb chamber of over 1000sq ft, into the desk, back into the carpark, and then directly injected into the willing arseholes of over a million funky idiots who all hanker for rhythms unheard. They are not disappointed and nor should they be. My beats are heartbreakingly effective.

If you think Kanye West is a talented musician you're either a fucking moron or on his pay roll.

dude, i've been doing the hiphop thing for over 15 years and been within the culture for over 25....

I rhyme and make beats and i have worked in major studios before.

yet, I acknowledge kanye can make some hella dope beats.

Put your money where your mouth is and let us hear ur stuff.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
In rrgards to freestyles....

Theres 2 definitions. Professionlly back then, a freestyle was any written verse that wasnt for a song or had title. Just Bars...thus "Free" style...

Now understand that that is professionally, yet those listening would hear the term freestyle before these rhymes, and people would think it was "off the top"

So the other definition of freestyle is litterally "off the top" of your head. Not a prewritten verse.

Its why alot of rappers back in the day that would go with the latter definition and emphasis "off the top" before they spit.

Back then, that is technically a freestyle. Nowadays howver, the term freestyle is more towards the latter definition.
TBH, in the internet generation, everything labelled a "freestyle" is pre-written.

I used to care to distinguish the two but it's become really muddy, especially when some of the more talented spitters can mix writtens with "true' freestyles or whatever, and get away with it all being called a freestyle.

TBH, in the internet generation, everything labelled a "freestyle" is pre-written.

I used to care to distinguish the two but it's become really muddy, especially when some of the more talented spitters can mix writtens with "true' freestyles or whatever, and get away with it all being called a freestyle.

its really all perspective.

if you are more of a writer, you want the term to be "free" style

if you are someone who likes to go off the top you prefer the "off the top" definition.

its whatever to me. But I respect writtens over off the top all the time cause off the top will never be better than anything premeditated. tho some prefer the spontaneity of the "off the top" that you just can't get in a written.

Cipherr

Improvised rapping is not some sacred holy thing in the context of hip hop. Originally it wasn't even respected if you came into a cypher completely unprepared. We know there are two definitions, but the one you're championing isn't even the original form. gonna side with the pioneers on this one.

I have my own mind, and Im not siding with anyone, pioneers included just because. Actual freestyling off the top of your head in the moment is both more difficult and more impressive the vast majority of the time. Especially when it can done at such a high level that it rivals the pre-writtens someone else is throwing out there.

I respect the skill in the craft above anything else, could give a rats ass which came first. Call it like it is, pre-written freestyle. But its not an off top free style, massive difference.

The Gaf blowup was too strong.

He lost his damn mind

Dali

Goddamn who'd have thought a single thread would bring out the ugliest and also the best in a single poster. This post is flavors of Muhammad Ali or Mike Tyson good. You're a nobody and if that soundcloud was in fact you, you're not that great but I'll say this;you've got the swag of someone big, or someone that will make it big. Keep on keepin' on dude. Your style is impetuous.

Silky

Banned
Kanye West is, was and shall always be a fucking moron.
I was programming better beats than him on fucking SpecDrum when I was 11.
To other morons he's a genius but to anyone who knows anything about music composition and production he's a fucking clown.

i mean the shit is

How many grammy's you got breh?

fucking ridiculous

My beats are heartbreakingly effective.

but are you as good as trap dad

http://soundcloud.com/trapdad

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
To other morons he's a genius but to anyone who knows anything about music composition and production he's a fucking clown.

Tell us how you really feel.

Xav

I wouldn't even let you play DJ Hero with me.

ISOM

Are those your beats? Because if they are, they're decent.

Ominym

Banned

Are you on Morton Salt's payroll?

Morton-Salt-photo-by-flickr-user-_nickd.jpg

PhineBuyM3

image.php

I was pissed about having to give $40 away to a relative, but these made my day. I can't breathe.

DJMicLuv

Was it too much syncopation? It was wasn't it?
Fuck. Fuck FUCK!
I fucking TOLD Squeaky it was going in the wrong direction but he wouldn't listen. "They'll love your shit!", he said. He lied! He knew my previously thought to be amazing beats would go down like a wet sack of lead shite yet he allowed me to make an ass of myself! Why? Why did Squeaky lie? I'll tell you why! 'cos he's a fucking liar!
Well, i can only apologise to all of you for wasting your time (although, ultimately, it was Squeaky to blame). I promised beats of the finest quality and I delivered beats which, for all intense and purposes, were unfit for purpose(s) and for that I am deeply humbled and ashamed. They weren't just wack, they were wackywack.
Your comments have been cruel, but fair and though each word was a barb in my bloodied ego (skin, etc) it was for my own good and I thank all of you who took the time, even if it was just to type 'lol', I take on board your criticisms and hope that my future beats will be more, let's say, troublesome.
I shall go now and leave you to your business. I hope that this sordid little incident will not tarnish the love that we've all shared over the years. It's been truly sensational on an emotional level and I would hate to think that it could all be thrown away for the sake of a misplaced cowbell.

ps - Kayne is a turd.

Was it too much syncopation? It was wasn't it?
Fuck. Fuck FUCK!
I fucking TOLD Squeaky it was going in the wrong direction but he wouldn't listen. "They'll love your shit!", he said. He lied! He knew my previously thought to be amazing beats would go down like a wet sack of lead shite yet he allowed me to make an ass of myself! Why? Why did Squeaky lie? I'll tell you why! 'cos he's a fucking liar!
Well, i can only apologise to all of you for wasting your time (although, ultimately, it was Squeaky to blame). I promised beats of the finest quality and I delivered beats which, for all intense and purposes, were unfit for purpose(s) and for that I am deeply humbled and ashamed. They weren't just wack, they were wackywack.
Your comments have been cruel, but fair and though each word was a barb in my bloodied ego (skin, etc) it was for my own good and I thank all of you who took the time, even if it was just to type 'lol', I take on board your criticisms and hope that my future beats will be more, let's say, troublesome.
I shall go now and leave you to your business. I hope that this sordid little incident will not tarnish the love that we've all shared over the years. It's been truly sensational on an emotional level and I would hate to think that it could all be thrown away for the sake of a misplaced cowbell.

ps - Kayne is a turd.

troll is a troll.

why do i get banned for trolling but yet others can

TheContact

I like his voice better pre-accident. His new music is literal garbage. My Beautiful Twisted Dark Fantasy was and is the last good album he'll ever make right next to 808s

Yeezus is terrible, it's barely music.

This thread turned into a real treat for a saturday night.

Ye's lines were great.

"Niggas can't see me so cease the hard looks."

Loved that line.

DJMicLuv is, was and shall always be a fucking moron.
I was programming better beats than him on fucking Fruity Loops when I was 10.

deli2000 is, was and shall always be a fucking moran.
I was confoobling bedder betes than him on fucking Acoustica Mixcraft 3 Trial Edition when I was 9.
To other morans he's a jeenyus but to anyone who kners anything about music complozishun and pruhdiddlyshan he's a fuggling cloon.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I like his voice better pre-accident. His new music is literal garbage. My Beautiful Twisted Dark Fantasy was and is the last good album he'll ever make right next to 808s

Yeezus is terrible, it's barely music.
Some pretty good evidence right here that opinions can be wrong and can be such in a stunning fashion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom