• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kotaku: Next Assassin's Creed codenamed "Empires"; set in Egypt, coming 2017

I don't get why people leak shit out.
If I worked for ubisoft and they would find out I was leaking out shit, I'd be blacklisted fairly quickly.

I hope it's Darby McDavitt writing this one. He did Black Flag and that story was pretty great, I thought. Lovely ending. Before Christmas H e was tweeting about the research he did for that one.

He's writing the ending story of Connor/Arno/Shay (they're tied)

mystery 4chan man strikes again
Hopefully the PC version won't be a complete shitshow this time around

High chance it will be.
AC1: engine change, many bugs
AC3: engine changement, many bugs
AC5: engine changement , many bugs

AC2 trilogy ; AC4 duology and AC6 are very good without bugs.

So...AC7 =/ I was expecting them to use more the Unity engine with Syndicate and others game. I'm afraid if they didn't learn the lesson that the PS4 and the ONE can't endure the power of AC Unity =/

If I worked for ubisoft and they would find out I was leaking out shit, I'd be blacklisted fairly quickly.

Because journalists jobs shouldn't involve being companies PR people? If they've got a story, they should report it, whether it ruffles some feathers or not.

If a company doesn't want leaks, it needs to spend more time and effort on preventing them, not expect the press to put their interests over the publics.

JayEH

A break is exactly what the franchise needed. Really interested in this now. Glad they're getting away from Europe/America in the 18th and 19th centuries as well.

I think Ubisoft will release an HD AC1 this christmas 2016 to introduce the universe to those who will see the movie.

By the way, the movie is canon. The movie is the "real" AC7. Ezio will be in it (yes!)

Megatron

You have to find out who the leaker is. Kotaku isnt the leaker, they just reported it. They already blacklisted kotaku which is pretty ridiculous. And you wouldn't be blacklisted, you would be fired.

JustinBB7

They responded to comicbook.com about all this with a standard non-reply:

"We can’t comment on rumor or speculation. We’re always happy when players are excited about our games, past, present and future. In the meantime, we hope that the latest images from the Assassin’s Creed movie set will keep fans of the franchise happy and eager to find out more!"

Betty

Banned
I'm actually interested, first time I might actually buy a Creed game since 3.

Still hoping for feudal Japan/Ancient China setting one day though.

A break is exactly what the franchise needed. Really interested in this now.

This is just fu***** nonsense, the only games that was made in nine month (brotherhood) and one year (rogue) are liked here but when a team worked FOUR YEARS you don't see that. =/

It's just psychology. I can assure that if AC Syndicate was released in christmas 2016 but as the SAME GAME that we had in 2015 (no more, no less) , everybody will say "it's the GOTY 2015, AC is Back" just because Ubi create the "patience" between two episodes;

Cool, now the next question: Female protagonist?

Evie stole the show in Syndicate and proved Ubisoft can write a great female character when they put their minds to it, and the addition of female enemies was a welcome one as well. Here's hoping Ubi keeps the ball rolling.

Wagram

I'm actually running through like 4 AC titles right now knocking them all out. So a year off would be great.

Ubisoft has already blacklisted Kotaku. There's no leverage they have to make Kotaku give up their sources.

Leaking to Kotaku is probably pretty safe!

Shredderi

Ubisoft has already blacklisted Kotaku. There's no leverage they have to make Kotaku give up their sources.

Leaking to Kotaku is probably pretty safe!

He's propably talking about the employees who leak things. If they manage to single the leakers out they will propably have a much harder time finding work afterwards.

Cool, now the next question: Female protagonist?

Evie stole the show in Syndicate and proved Ubisoft can write a great female character when they put their minds to it, and the addition of female enemies was a welcome one as well. Here's hoping Ubi keeps the ball rolling.

Sadly i don't think they will do that. They want to do what they tried with Unity: reboost the franchise.

xevis

Banned
So I assume this latest iteration of Shanking Simulator will feature a white protagonist and lots of brown antagonists.

Too cynical?

I wonder if this is a soft reboot for the series since its seemingly skipping a year

It's not. Not like Disney erazed the expanded universe of star wars.
All of what happened in all games (except DS games) AND the future movie are still canon.
Present time still here. Juno and her friends too...

Because journalists jobs shouldn't involve being companies PR people? If they've got a story, they should report it, whether it ruffles some feathers or not.

If a company doesn't want leaks, it needs to spend more time and effort on preventing them, not expect the press to put their interests over the publics.

I'm not talking about shitty job situations, we're talking upcoming titles. Why would you leak it to the press that a new title was coming. What's your play? Why would you, a ubisoft employee, want to leak that stuff out? Risk being out of a job.

He's propably talking about the employees who leak things. If they manage to single the leakers out they will propably have a much harder time finding work afterwards.

Right, but I mean, at what end can you single the person out? Assuming they did any sort of covering of their tracks, the only direction from which they could find the source is by getting it from Kotaku, who has literally no reason to play nice with Ubisoft.

In fact i assume ubisoft are doing this:
2016: Assassin's Creed I HD
2016: Assassin's Creed Movie (also AC7 Espana HOLA QUE TAL!)
2017: AC8 Egypt

Falchion

Wow, this might actually be happening. The extra year could be the best thing to happen to this series since Ezio so fingers crossed.

The other rumor stated it was the Black Flag team, so that's exciting. While there is talk of it not showing up at e3 this year, I almost feel like it's the perfect candidate for the Ubisoft "One more thing.." reveal at the end, even if it's just a CG teaser.

Egypt is cool, but still waiting on that China or Japan setting...

I repeat again that will not change the gameplay of the game. Eagle tower, eagle vision, 200 flags or glitch to catch, assassination missions...
In Japan or Austria or whatever, AC is AC.
You don't expect Grey's Anatomy to be like Columbo do you? =D

Wow, this might actually be happening. The extra year could be the best thing to happen to this series since Ezio so fingers crossed.

I will never understand the hype around AC2 since those games we had. Ok Brotherhood is one of the best but AC2? "Beat my husband he cheat on me!" ; "Hey Ezio could you deliver that letter?"

Come on...

Auctopus

Purely by changing the thread title release date to 2016, I wonder how positive this thread would've been.

Assassins-Creed-4-Freedom-Cry-5.jpg

Also, despite being a medium sized DLC add-on, a lot of cynical/edgy people seem to forget Ubi have done a Black protagonist.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
In fact i assume ubisoft are doing this:
2016: Assassin's Creed I HD
2016: Assassin's Creed Movie (also AC7 Espana HOLA QUE TAL!)
2017: AC8 Egypt

I refuse to believe anyone wants a remake of AC1. I don't care how much of a hipster you there is nothing good about that game.

I refuse to believe anyone wants a remake of AC1. I don't care how much of a hipster you there is nothing good about that game.

That's not about that but if they released a movie with a new storyline, maybe they will sell an AC1 HD to those new consumers.

With the multitude of open world games out recently, and the general sensation of franchise fatigue that has come around Assassin's Creed, seems like time to take a year off and put their best foot forward for the franchise.

That and with the general lack of story with the loss of Desmond's story, it feels like a good story reboot is in order. The current quasi-narriative of some vague backstory of Assassin's Templars that barely effects what you're actually playing isn't doing it for me.

Lemonte

I like that they don't have to make it historically super accurate. I would like them to make future asscreeds take place in new fantasy world. They could make so much more interesting cities with cool architecture and stuff.

There is no "reboot" in AC , historical or present timeline.
BUT they introduce a new assassin (a russian girl) in the present timeline and it seems that she will be the protagonist. Her name is Galina.
latest

She appeared in Rogue (in a file) and apparently she really make her first appereance in a scene at the end of AC6 Syndicate (but i'm at 30% of the game so ... =P )

Top Bottom