• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lizard Squad member arrested

ffdgh

That karma.
KuGsj.gif

jnb58

Neo Member
But... the guy is already back out guys.

Not quite. You should have followed his drunken tweets last night where he threatened to the White House. He has been detained... again.

But don't worry, this thread will go on without noticing this.

I noticed your depressed post and replied. Happy New Year!

@GDKJordie aka Vinnie Omari born December 22, 1994 lives in London UK graduated from Richard upon Thames college 2011

BokehKing

Banned
Yeah but now Microsoft and Sony can press extreme charges no?

His parents will make him rat on his friends

Then we will finally see jordie, who drops n bombs constantly, to probably be this little white kid

Akainu

Weren't these the people some other hacker group released the names and addresses for or was that someone else?

Mung

Awaits sweet justice..

If he's actually involved, hope he goes to prison, ya know, for the LULZ.

Yeah but now Microsoft and Sony can press extreme charges no?

His parents will make him rat on his friends

Then we will finally see jordie, who drops n bombs constantly, to probably be this little white kid

I would assume that if they managed to link him to the Lizard Squad he will face charges for that as well, yeah.

they're not a hacking group though

They released a "DDOS for dummies" tool. They might be hacking the credit cards of people trying to buy that shit from their website or something, because I don't think anyone would be arrested over DDOS of Sony's servers.

Akronis

True enough, but just because they did something simple it does not simply mean that they don't have the know-how to do other stuff. I mean, simple or not they had the means (and both stupidity and evil intent) to do it. At any rate, I hope I'm just overthinking it, that they all get caught and put in jail for a fairly long time.

Except they haven't shown any other ability beyond DDoSing with botnets. Botnets which they probably rented from other, more talented people.

Akronis

They released a "DDOS for dummies" tool. They might be hacking the credit cards of people trying to buy that shit from their website or something, because I don't think anyone would be arrested over DDOS of Sony's servers.

We don't even know if the code for that tool is theirs. LOIC has existed for a much longer time as the go-to "DDoS for dummies" tool. They could've easily taken that code and changed the GUI.

Audioboxer

Why is there always rape/sex jokes in arrest topics... -_-

Glad this had happened. They caused financial damage and made questionable money themselves. Deserve to be in trouble with the law.

DDOS attacking is illegal in the UK and carries a sentence of up to 10 years in prison. If they can link this fucker to multiple attacks then he could be locked up for 3-5 years before he gets out again.

jaina

DDOS attacking is illegal in the UK and carries a sentence of up to 10 years in prison. If they can link this fucker to multiple attacks then he could be locked up for 3-5 years before he gets out again.

and then the civil suits for the financial damage on top of that.

Mecha

But... the guy is already back out guys.

But don't worry, this thread will go on without noticing this.

Ignoring the rest of the story is one way to stay positive.

Hopefully nobody would be stupid enough to use their credit cards to buy any DDOS tools. What you buy with a credit card is easily traceable, using something like bitcoin would make way more sense. Besides, it wouldn't be hacking if they stole someones information that was handed to them.

hohoXD123

Was it the same guy who was in the interview who said they were doing it cause they can?

If you mean that "ryan" guy then he's a different person.

http://www.tomsguide.com/us/lizard-squad-christmas-hacker-arrested,news-20078.html

On Monday (Dec. 29) United Kingdom police arrested Vinnie Omari, 22, alleged member of the hacking group known as Lizard Squad, while raiding his London home, the Daily Dot reports

On Dec. 27, Omari was interviewed by British news channel Sky News, where he was cited as a "computer security analyst" and talked about Lizard Squad's activities. Two days later, independent security reporter Brian Krebs claimed in a report posted to his blog that Omari was a member of Lizard Squad. In the same post, Krebs also claimed that the Lizard Squad member who sometimes uses the online pseudonym "Ry|an" was a Finnish teenager named Julius Kivimäki.

They probably thought they could get away with it, but it seems they are now going down the same path as Lulzsec.

They're going down that path (which is inevitable for all groups like this), just way way faster. They made some astoundingly bad decisions.

This broke yesterday too. Today, the other person Krebs named was arrested as well. Him being out on bail is not a bad thing; if you can pay it, you're allowed out, end of. They took all of his gear though.

This is the beginning of the end.

Ooccoo

that's what I said, they're not hackers

real hackers are not 22 years old kids looking for attention by disturbing Christmas. Most of the really talented hackers are working for government agencies (NSA, FBI, CIA, KGB, etc.) and hired to spy on other countries' networks. Others are working on security systems for banks and such.

Lizard Squad couldn't even hack a NeoGAF account if asked.

Top Bottom