• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lizard Squad member arrested

KOHIPEET

GuAWCcA.gif

Obligatory! :D

Wooohooo!! Get rekt!

I wish he was caught in the U.S. because the laws in the UK for this probably aren't as harsh. It'll be even more of a cakewalk for the guy in Finland.

Wooohooo!! Get rekt!

I wish he was caught in the U.S. because the laws in the UK for this probably aren't as harsh. It'll be even more of a cakewalk for the guy in Finland.

I think they're actually worse in the UK; for the Finland guy, who knows? Either way he's going to get buried by companies if it's true.

This is all a little deja vu, are we sure it's legit this time?

This is a bit different than the other ones.

1: Krebs isn't a splinter group or anything of the like, he's a cybersecurfity guy through and through. He's got a rep.
2: The arrests definitely happened, they got reported in the local news and there's public records showing them.

Worst case scenario, they're unrelated to Lizard Squad. But it's too coincidental for them both to get popped basically a day after Krebs outed both of them

ConceptX

Already released. This does not please me.

It's a good thing really, because he hopefully won't resist the urge to do something stupid, and will get arrested and brought back in before his original date in court which is the 10th of March 2015.

But as others have pointed out, this is about fraud, not DDoS attacks, like I've said in previous posts, these guys will only get caught when they become an actual threat and commit more established crimes like fraud, identify theft, stealing bank accounts etc, thats when the agencies start putting real resources into finding them, as we have witnessed now and previously.

MrBadger

Why are we rewarding them? Make them play Sonic Boom, tie them to the chair and glue the controller to their hands, and they can't leave till it's completed 10 times, no Knuckle cheating allowed.

Then make them play Sonic 06.

That would break a man.

"How are you feeling?"
"BOUNCE PADS"

jetjevons

Bish loves my games!
Getting out on bail is fine for non violent crimes. He wont be doing shit for the lulz anymore and will get his punishment in time.

What if they just ban him from using computers or going online for a significant period of time? A few years? That'd be worse than a couple months away for this dude.

What if they just ban him from using computers or going online for a significant period of time? A few years? That'd be worse than a couple months away for this dude.

That likely would come as part of any punishment after a trial.

As it stands now, it seems they seized all of his electronics equipment anyway.

Good news that guy is an adult. The book can really be thrown at him.

If it were me, I'd stuff him in a cell with a PS4 and Destiny, but no internet access.

Jedi2016

If he's already released, I'm sure he's already bragging to all his buddies.
As noted previously, they can't hold him. I don't think people realize just how the system works in regards to arrests and bail. What, you think everything just goes back to normal as soon as you post bail?

And bragging about what? Out of jail doesn't mean free. "Criminal record, bitches!! Never get a tech job again, how 'bout that shit? FUCK YEAH"... doesn't really seem like something to brag about.

QaaQer

That likely would come as part of any punishment after a trial.

As it stands now, it seems they seized all of his electronics equipment anyway.

Yeah, it can be as bad as any cold turkey with drawl from addiction, if he is addicted. Whole personalities can change after forced cut off, usually for the better.

jesu

Google Translate mistakenly says he's been arrested but actually it just says that he's been questioned by the national police and then let go. He's still a suspect and the investigation continues, but he's not yet in custody.

Cheers, I couldn't really understand what it was saying.

CoG

As noted previously, they can't hold him. I don't think people realize just how the system works in regards to arrests and bail. What, you think everything just goes back to normal as soon as you post bail?

And bragging about what? Out of jail doesn't mean free. "Criminal record, bitches!! Never get a tech job again, how 'bout that shit? FUCK YEAH"... doesn't really seem like something to brag about.

If only that were true. I knew a few hackers from the 90s who got felony convictions but have good jobs in the industry today. I know one guy who in the early 2000's hacked a bunch of systems belonging his ex-employer and got a felony, now he works for Google.

Aeqvitas

Being released on bail doesn't mean anything about guilt or innocence, it is usually related to risk of flight. Hopefully they can get him to crack and give up the rest of the criminal ring. My guess is he will easily crack when looking down a long sentence.

Top Bottom