• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Major Nelson denies eSRAM Issues with Xbone, CBOAT: "nope"

GameSeeker

Microsoft denied that the Durango specs from VGLeaks were correct. Their denial doesn't make the VGLeaks specs any less accurate, in fact they were spot on.

If you have worked for Fortune 500 companies, you will understand that public denials about anything you don't want your customers or competitors to know is standard business practice.

MaulerX

That was a firm denial and a far cry from their typical "Microsoft does not comment on rumors or speculation".

He is an Microsoft employee?

Who knows, but he has proven time and again, he knows stuff. Stuff that only a Microsoft employee would know.

IMO CBoaT is one of the higher ups at MS within the Xbox division. We'll never know for sure though. CBoaT is much too smart to get caught out. MS have their own internal "insider" programme (Amir, Bkillian, nataraj etc...), but it's pretty clear he is operating outside the bounds of it.

Microsoft denied that the Durango specs from VGLeaks were correct. Their denial doesn't make the VGLeaks specs any less accurate, in fact they were spot on.

If you have worked for Fortune 500 companies, you will understand that public denials about anything you don't want your customers or competitors to know is standard business practice.

1) I don't think MS ever commented on the leaked specs.
2) Technically we still don't know XB1's specs.

Pikma

Banned
#TeamCBoaT til I die. Also, stop asking him for sources, it's what it is, you choose to believe it or not.

thuway

I really don't want to get the guy in trouble, but another person who is close to Microsoft today mentioned clock speed's decreasing and ES RAM trouble. I've heard this phrase multiple times:

"It's a big ASS APU."

Essentially, the APU as a whole is massive, failure rates are high, and the production process has yet to mature to comfortable levels.

Also Microsoft employees I've talked to openly mock Major Nelson (including folks not in the Xbox division). I'm not into publicly humiliating anyone, but I want GAF to understand that in Bellevue- there are folks are much better informed than he is. Major Nelson is nothing more than a face of a Press Release.

There is a reason Microsoft has yet to publicly release clock rates on the Xbox One. The moment the number is leaked, we can extrapolate performance instantaneously.

Daingurse

I only learned of CBoaT yesterday, dude is legit. Types in a bizarre way, which makes sense if you think about it. He's spilling the beans and covering his tracks. So yeah team CBoaT on this. I have no incentive to believe a PR mouthpiece on this issue. He's just doing his job.

I really don't want to get the guy in trouble, but another person who is close to Microsoft today mentioned clock speed's decreasing and ES RAM trouble. I've heard this phrase multiple times:

"It's a big ASS APU."

Essentially, the APU as a whole is massive, failure rates are high, and the production process has yet to mature to comfortable levels.

Also Microsoft employees I've talked to openly mock Major Nelson (including folks not in the Xbox division). I'm not into publicly humiliating anyone, but I want GAF to understand that in Bellevue- there are folks are much better informed than he is. Major Nelson is nothing more than a face of a Press Release.

There is a reason Microsoft has yet to publicly release clock rates on the Xbox One. The moment the number is leaked, we can extrapolate performance instantaneously.

Such a fucking mess, lawdy.

I dislike the idea of hyping up cboat and hope no people actually try to use that hashtag on twitter, as publicizing a successful leaker seems pretty dumb, but he must really be confident in his precautions to have responded again on the same topic. honestly the explicit denial of a rumor like this confirms that it's something they're legitimately worried about more than any pr non-answer ever could.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
After reading the bullshit MS is pulling with their PR spin in the XBoned Details thread, I believe CBoat's take.

Empty

i don't think his style is a google thing. gaf is a pretty big forum, his posts are quite visible and his username is unforgettable. whereas a writing style is like a fingerprint if you know what to look for, especially as the number of people who would be privy to this stuff isn't high.

JaggedSac

Perhaps they have resolved the issue? Was CBoat's information recent? MN could have just not responded to the tweet, would have been much easier than flat out lying about it.

i-Lo

Saying "we don't comment" will only keep on perpetuating this rumour because an answer like that has ramifications beyond this gaming forum and to believe otherwise is foolishness. They can't afford any more bad press.

#teamCBoaT

Durante

Exactly. Larry is sticking his neck out here. Cboat can say "Now.pe" all he likes, the bigger news is that MS is denying it altogether.
How is he "sticking out his neck"? It will be hard or even impossible for anyone outside the company to ever prove absolutely if XB1 did or did not have manufacturing troubles due to yields.

Daingurse

"How non-problematic is your production going?"
"So non-problematic."

tumblr_inline_milbk2eapu1qz4rgp.gif

MarkusRJR

I still can't believe I thought a year ago that this would be an uninteresting console launch for both Xbox One and PS4. How wrong I was... :p

MogCakes

Then how can people say that he is the source and not someone that tell him?

His track record is essentially 100% right, and that's really it. You either believe him or not. I for one believe him. Whether he's THE source or has sources doesn't matter at all, but we say he's the source as a form of honor in his name.

Patryn

i don't think his style is a google thing. gaf is a pretty big forum, his posts are quite visible and his username is unforgettable. whereas a writing style is like a fingerprint if you know what to look for, especially as the number of people who would be privy to this stuff isn't high.

It's likely more that no journalist would be willing to quote a Cboat post in a story when he uses that style.

Team Cboat all the way.

A PR rep is NOT likely to know such details of the manufacturing process. Plus... what else was he going to say? If he said nothing or deflected it the rumor would gain more traction.

#TeamCBoaT

Deuterium

"It's a big ASS APU."

Funny, I thought Larry Hryb was one of the key people who helped launch Xbox Live, and has been part of the team that has been instrumental in it's industry-leading success.

In other news, a lot of people "mock" their bosses, and a lot of company's have internal rivalries, feuds and bad-feelings. News at eleven.

Spongebob

Banned

"It's a big ASS APU."

Huge mess this has been.

gaming_noob

"It's a big ASS APU."

Not that I doubt you but why are developers speaking with you? Are you in the industry?

Top Bottom