• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 Info Thread

I'd just like to point out that in the OP the title Larry's Lights is incorrect, the track's title is actually Electrodrome.

I hope we do get a demo, maybe just a two cup affair? Lets say the first regular cup and the first retro cup? Or it'd just be some randomly selected tracks.

Timeaisis

So considering DLC (in Season Pass form, no less!) for Mario Golf was just announced, I'm starting to think DLC in MK8 is a real possibility. And that's pretty damn exciting.

BowieZ

Banned
Anyone got any cool |OT| titles prepared?

The best I can come up with is:

MARIO KART 8 |OT| AKT MOAR IR8!!

lol

or just Karma Riot 8.

Anyone got any cool |OT| titles prepared? The best I can come up with is:

MARIO KART 8 |OT| AKT MOAR IR8!!

lol

or just Karma Riot 8.

It was already discussed there, with the person who will be making the OT:

So uhmm... guys, what do you think is the best OT subtitle?
I've been gathering a few from quite some time. Some are GAF references, other not so much.. and other are simply game related.

If you have something else in mind please post.

Mario Kart 8 |OT| Sonic? Sonic who?
Mario Kart 8 |OT| Bikes, hang-gliders, propellers, anti-gravity. It's all here!!
Mario Kart 8 |OT| F-Zero am cry
Mario Kart 8 |OT| Wii U's Savior
Mario Kart 8 |OT| Poetry in Motion
Mario Kart 8 |OT| Sonic, Diddy, Crash... Move B*tches!
Mario Kart 8 |OT| 3D World am cry
Mario Kart 8 |OT| I'm beautiful, it's true.

So far, my favorite are n° 2-4 and 6 :p

They should but won't do DLC tracks. Sad thing is that half of the tracks in each game end up being a waste. The first two cups in each mode are always made up of boring levels and I rarely want to play them.
What? I couldn't disagree more - the early game tracks are just as great as the late game. While it's fun to race on Rainbow Roads and Bowser's Castles, it's also a lot of fun to race on simpler tracks where things can get even more chaotic with a handful of good players. And from what I've seen, online people usually have a pretty good balance between early tracks and late tracks as well.

The game definitely needs a DLC cup or two, though. It would be so awesome.

Mario Kart 8 |OT| You got Boost Power!

;-;
Haha, just subtle enough to be perfect.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
I'd be ok with mario-golf-like dlc in mk8, considering the contents already confirmed for the normal game. but not day-one

Mario Kart 8 |OT| 8 ʇɹɐʞ oᴉɹɐW

I like this one.

---

If they DO release a demo, I wonder when it would be... first week in May perhaps? Although I have my doubts we'll see one. Mario Kart doesn't really need a demo. I'd love to play it, but part of me would want to wait until the full game before diving in. I dunno.

Mlatador

Banned
I think those are the best:

Mario Kart 8 |OT| 8 ʇɹɐʞ oıɹɐW

Mario Kart 8 |OT| uıʇoW uı ʎɹʇǝod

Mario Kart 8 |OT| 8 ʇɹɐʞ o!ɹɐW

Top Bottom