• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes |OT| GAF Assemble

What ARE his powers anyway? He showed up long after I stopped reading comics, I know he was in xforce with Deadpool, Psylocke and angel but I don't know the char. Is he even a mutant?

It's not entirely clear whether he's an inherent mutant or has been mutated, but it's implied that he is just a mutate. He definitely was part of one of the Weapon Plus programs, I wanna say Weapon XIII.

Aside from being an expert marksman and having superhuman durability, agility and a light healing factor, he has 3 brains, and can manifest his nervous system into an entity called EVA, which usually is in the shape of a sphere with retractable claws, and also can fire bio-electrical charges.

With the combined consciousness of those 3 brains, he can create misdirections, which includes illusions and lies so convincing that even telepaths can't tell whether it's the truth or not.

Of course, being his nervous system, EVA is telepathically linked, so if EVA gets hurt, Fantomex feels the pain. However, once EVA is out, and Fantomex's body gets injured, he feels no pain.

I don't know, I think they'll get to Angel, Rogue, Iceman, Beast and a BUNCH of other mutants before they get to Fantomex. Unless Fantomex is going to make a movie appearance or something.

Of course, Rogue, Iceman and Beast all have been confirmed for 2014 or 2015, aside of Magik, Domino and X-23. Not sure about Angel. And those aren't B-listers either. But who else is after those 7, anyway?
There's not that many more popular mutants left. The only other A-listers I can think of that aren't already confirmed to be in the next 2 years, are Kitty Pryde, and playable Xavier, maybe, or some more brotherhood members (tho only Mystique and Sabretooth are only worth mentioning there). Bishop, Polaris, Havok, Sunfire or Cannonball? Those are all B-listers. But Fantomex is already in this same group.

So no, I wouldn't say a "bunch" would be coming in before Fantomex. As said, 2016 or 2017 seems a very likely date for him - after all, I didn't suggest 2014.

Also, movie appearances don't matter for Marvel dictating/suggesting characters, simply because the movie license of the X-Men franchise is not owned by Marvel. They don't care about cross-promotion with Marvel-owned media.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
I don't know, I think they'll get to Angel, Rogue, Iceman, Beast and a BUNCH of other mutants before they get to Fantomex. Unless Fantomex is going to make a movie appearance or something.

Dynamic3

Just reinstalled this, haven't played since launch; is enemies continually respawning right next to you a new addition? I can't even swap my equipment.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Btw I did end up getting Daredevil earlier with the money from the foil card, and of course I got another dupe, another Hawkeye :/ At least his ultimate will be super buffed when I lvl him :(

hamchan

"After careful consideration internally, we have decided to extend the 7 day protection policy that we have always offered on our standard sales to this promotion. If you purchased a hero or costume in the 7 days prior to this promotion going live on 01/17, you will have a random hero or costume box in your inventory upon your next login to the game."

Pretty awesome of them to do it even though they had no obligation to.

Gaz is pretty awesome with their support for this game. Normally in F2P games I take up a challenge of making progression without paying anything but Marvel Heroes is one of the few that I pay money for just because of the good support.

Mvarn4C.jpg

Ok. Thanks. I guess Gaz pushed it as far as they could, for a PG rated game.
If I end up buying this, I'll have spent $30 just on Emma costumes! Initially, I never intended to buy more than one. Im pretty sure I will buy this. lol
I really wish this game had a more mature rating and not just for the T&A. Im sure Punisher and Wolverine would be more satisfying to play, if there was a little bit of blood on screen.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Ok. Thanks. I guess Gaz pushed it as far as they could, for a PG rated game.
If I end up buying this, I'll have spent $30 just on Emma costumes! Initially, I never intended to buy more than one. Im pretty sure I will buy this. lol
I really wish this game had a more mature rating and not just for the T&A. Im sure Punisher and Wolverine would be more satisfying to play, if there was a little bit of blood on screen.

Was she bare assed in the comics with that costume or something? :p

Was she bare assed in the comics with that costume or something? :p

Honestly, I dont know. I assumed Emma was, because Ive seen (what I think is) official art of Psylocke, Ms Marvel and Gamora, all bare-assed.
I think Emma would be confident enough to walk around like that too.

Ploid 3.0

I'm almost 60 Iron Man and I must say this guy is a beast. I'll take Emma to 60 after, I hear she feels unfinished or a bit odd. I got her to about 25 and with the abilities I had she seemed ok.

Any high level Emma here? How is she at the high end?

Rhaknar

So if Crawler comes out January 30th that's also when this patch should hit correct? So next week? I need this bad

Also lol at Cap's ultimate, I wonder how many / which Avengers show up :)

I'm almost 60 Iron Man and I must say this guy is a beast. I'll take Emma to 60 after, I hear she feels unfinished or a bit odd. I got her to about 25 and with the abilities I had she seemed ok.

Any high level Emma here? How is she at the high end?

I play Emma with her ranged and minion powers and she feels pretty strong to me.
I send my enhanced little riot shield guy into the fray and pick the enemies off from a distance. I also frequently hit a group of enemies hard with the kneel Before Me Power, when I have good positioning.

Is the Cosmic Terminal going to be a daily mission where you get a guaranteed Cosmic item from the boss? I cant check the official site while Im at work.

Wallach

Is the Cosmic Terminal going to be a daily mission where you get a guaranteed Cosmic item from the boss? I cant check the official site while Im at work.

Cosmic terminals are a new tier above red that do not reward Cube Shards. They're much harder than reds, and have better loots. I'm not sure actually but they also might be the only place that drops cosmic rings.

hamchan

I know we normally talk doom and gloom but is it just me or has this game's popularity gone up?

This thread seems more active than it's ever been for starters.
Then, this game has made the top 10 message boards on gamefaqs PC
http://www.gamefaqs.com/pc.

Ploid 3.0

Holy crap, I just got a item with 15 channeled repulsor on it so I figured I'd give it a shot. At first it looked like I had to wiggle it to hit stuff and after I started wiggling it things melted so fast.... I can't believe it. it's like the dot is stacking or something. This is the only ability I need. I don't have time to use anything else. What the crap?

mmqgDvC.jpg

Wallach

Holy crap, I just got a item with 15 channeled repulsor on it so I figured I'd give it a shot. At first it looked like I had to wiggle it to hit stuff and after I started wiggling it things melted so fast.... I can't believe it. it's like the dot is stacking or something. This is the only ability I need. I don't have time to use anything else. What the crap?

http://i.imgur.com/mmqgDvC.jpg

Hey, funny you mention - this no longer works in the patch.

inky

"Better loots" will really have to be significant for me to run them with any regularity, other than hunting for a specific cosmic medallion. I did, (not kidding) about 80ish terminal runs today and got 1 meh cosmic item, no unstables or anything else of note. I also got a unique... in midtown.

Wallach

"Better loots" will really have to be significant for me to run them with any regularity, other than hunting for a specific cosmic medallion. I did, (not kidding) about 80ish terminal runs today and got 1 meh cosmic item, no unstables or anything else of note. I also got a unique... in midtown.

Well, this patch also buffs red terminal loot tables. But cosmic terminals are above them still.

I actually got two uniques out of the same red Fisk today, both of which were entirely useless (BP's boots and a dupe of Wolverine's belt).

Rhaknar

I know we normally talk doom and gloom but is it just me or has this game's popularity gone up?

This thread seems more active than it's ever been for starters.
Then, this game has made the top 10 message boards on gamefaqs PC
http://www.gamefaqs.com/pc.

All I can say is I see people on all over the place, every zone, every level range

And midtown is wonderfully chaotic. Speaking of, I found out that you can go to midtown before level 20 (when you get legendary quests), I went in there on Ms marvel to get from 18 to 20 because chapter 8 mobs were red, and there was so many low lvl people around, are people just lvling inside midtown or something?

inky

Well, this patch also buffs red terminal loot tables. But cosmic terminals are above them still.

I actually got two uniques out of the same red Fisk today, both of which were entirely useless (BP's boots and a dupe of Wolverine's belt).

I'm hopeful due to a couple of things I read: 1. there will be an extra reward of sorts for clearing terminals (maybe not this patch) and 2. cosmic Doop. If the reward is something better than just an extra chest I might consider it. I actually don't mind clearing the terminals.

Well, it will also depend on the difficulty spike to see if its worth it. If it is mainly huge HP pools I just don't have the patience for that. I know they've said it won't be that entirely, but we'll see. Hopefully they learned from last time. As it is now, I have 0 problems clearing reds with IM.

Rhaknar

The patch coming up? So it's a bug? I nearly dropped one of my damage abilities and spec'd this out fully. It's nuts.

wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle

This sounds like exactly what I have to do on cyclops to get any damage out of his channeled eye beam thing (the thin beam, now the screen covering aoe)

Awww yiss, TC build up just in time for me getting home.

The patch coming up? So it's a bug? I nearly dropped one of my damage abilities and spec'd this out fully. It's nuts.

wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle

Yeah it's unintended, but for some characters is by far the best way to do damage.

I went in there on Ms marvel to get from 18 to 20 because chapter 8 mobs were red, and there was so many low lvl people around, are people just lvling inside midtown or something?

Leveling to 20 in Midtown is the quickest way. If you don't care about story rewards or you're doing a prestige, it's the best way to speed through the early levels.

I have not actively done the story quests since... Maybe September? The only ones I've completed on any characters have been while getting Legendaries done. After you've seen the story once, and if you can live without the extra points, there is no incentive at all to do the story. It's terrible xp, the drops are awful, and you either outpace or get outpaced by the mob levels constantly.

I start a character, finish the prologue, then Midtown to 20. Legendaries til 60. If I really like a character, I have maybe 4 quests per difficulty I'll go back and do to get the bonus power points.

Rhaknar

I have not actively done the story quests since... Maybe September? The only ones I've completed on any characters have been while getting Legendaries done. After you've seen the story once, and if you can live without the extra points, there is no incentive at all to do the story. It's terrible xp, the drops are awful, and you either outpace or get outpaced by the mob levels constantly.

I start a character, finish the prologue, then Midtown to 20. Legendaries til 60. If I really like a character, I have maybe 4 quests per difficulty I'll go back and do to get the bonus power points.

I understand this is optimal, but I'm too obsessive compulsive not to get all the power points and health/spirit on every character I play. That being said, I am thinking if leveling with legendaries and then going back later and ripp through the story for those specific quests. I did this with Cyclops who was 44 back from playing on release, the only problem is that mobs are all gray so they don't drop splinters :)

I understand this is optimal, but I'm too obsessive compulsive not to get all the power points and health/spirit on every character I play. That being said, I am thinking if leveling with legendaries and then going back later and ripp through the story for those specific quests. I did this with Cyclops who was 44 back from playing on release, the only problem is that mobs are all gray so they don't drop splinters :)

In between quests, which take ~6-10 min apiece to do, I go to midtown and pick up my splinter.

Frankly, if the story has more to offer for completing ALL of it, I might. But after the 20th time through it, I just can't stomach the amount of running it requires.

Rhaknar

In between quests, which take ~6-10 min apiece to do, I go to midtown and pick up my splinter.

Frankly, if the story has more to offer for completing ALL of it, I might. But after the 20th time through it, I just can't stomach the amount of running it requires.

Oh I know, and now that I think of it, the way I do story is mostly just ignoring all the mobs and dashing my way to objectives, which would be much faster to do at high levels (more spirit more non stop dashing).

Can any gambit players give me some idea on how to build him? I've sort of brainstormed this in my head
http://www.marvelbase.com/builds/generator/gambit#vGvvMG221v2vv22GKv/0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0

The idea behind this is to tag everyone with black suits and then wade through the crowd with All In. my basic attack is bo beatdown for the debuff. I put one point in stack the deck do go along with rajin cajun when i have to focus fire one target from a distance. I tried going full ranged but i feel like i missing out on a lot of his damage.

Vecks

OMFG! ... INSPECT is huge! It's a main-stay in ARPGs. Legendary mission sharing! Is this all in the next patch or are these what they're working on? MH always has epic patch notes. Can't wait!

I'm guessing it'll probably be in the patch after the one that should be coming tomorrow.

Rhaknar

I know black widow 52 review is confirmed for February but was the other character Cyclops? I'm curious to see what they do with him, he seems fine spells wise, maybe make him more durable (never have I used as many medkits as when getting him to 60), but now that I know these reviews are so crazy I'm really looking forward to see

hamchan

3 exp bubbles away from hitting 60 on my first hero, Thing.

The final few levels of the 50s are a real slog to get through. Thank goodness I have 2 monitors, I was pretty much watching something else the entire time on my 2nd screen, while mindlessly running around the game completing my legendaries by spamming my AOE.

At least hero exp synergy means it just gets easier and easier from now on. I'll be choosing to level Jean Grey next too and everyone says she's a farming god.

Rhaknar

I know black widow 52 review is confirmed for February but was the other character Cyclops? I'm curious to see what they do with him, he seems fine spells wise, maybe make him more durable (never have I used as many medkits as when getting him to 60), but now that I know these reviews are so crazy I'm really looking forward to see

3 exp bubbles away from hitting 60 on my first hero, Thing.

The final few levels of the 50s are a real slog to get through.

Yup. I have 2 60s and one of them is cyclops (so an extra 10%) and it still felt like ages when I went from 51 to 52 today on SG when I took a break from MsMarvel.

Top Bottom