• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes |OT| GAF Assemble

I think I kept mine...I think :/

Got my first Ms Marvel unique, cool. something something flight suit.

edit: I wish they would get rid of the useless short dash thing Ms Marvel starts with and just make warbird charge her default movement spell, its so much better its not even funny

I'll have to disaggree with that. The warbird charge goes farther and looks cooler but i don't have as much control over it as i thought i would.Its too floaty and it causes me to overshoot my movements than i would with the flying knee.

Btw anyone playing in the test center? i wanna see how the cosmic terminals are in a group if people are trying that out.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
speaking of Ms Denvers, is it me or is just basically what one would imagine Nova (Rider version) would be? Most of her moves look like what Nova has on UMVC3 (which while not the defacto authority on marvel games special moves...its up there and clearly Gaz takes alot of cues from the capcom marvel games when it comes to moves)

Makes me wonder what Kid Nova will be like.

Also, are these photonic powers a new (and by new I mean the last 10 years lol) for her? I dont remember her doing any of this in the comics, basically all I remember her being was...Rogue (for obvious reasons) with no power leeching ability

Super rare, indeed. I still haven't found one. It's as elusive to me as the fabled costume drop.

Pym`s Shrinking Syrum, is that the rare one? I have a lvl 44 in the bank )and 2 growth ones too)

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
i love the synergy between Photonic Regeneration and Energy Infusion, actually, between flare and cascade also. I hope crashdown looks cool, have high hopes for it. Interesting that you dont use devastation, when I thought out the spec in the talent builder before playing her, I also didnt take it, but now that im playing her, it seems like a must, its such high dmg (although when they fix it probably not)

So what is your...ugh I hate to even say this, but "rotation"? Crashdown on a group, cascade (if its up) followed by Photonic Wave (I dont like Wave you know) and then punch stuff that is still alive (like a yellow elite for example)?

what about for bosses?

edit: oh also you took Kree toughness, the wording on it sounds weird, says defense rating to melee powers, what does that even mean?
edit edit: oops nvm Kree Toughness is damage rating not defense, that makes more sense lol

I use Crashdown whenever it's off cooldown to apply the DoT and benefit from Flight of the Warbird plus the effects of the flight suit/elektra's medallion. Then I spam Wave like there's no tomorrow, generally. Sometimes I punch stuff, depends on my mood. If it's a particularly big group or a lot of elites or a boss, I'll Crashdown and activate Cascade right after and then Wavespam.

I take Kree Toughness mostly for the crit rating, which applies to all powers, not just melee. If you're not a melee person and you feel you can live without it, take it as a 1-point wonder and spend those points elsewhere.

Also, Flying Lunge is way better than Warbird charge as an actual DPS tool. You can make an entire build around it and it's actually devastatingly effective paired with her uniques and Elektra's medallion. I haven't used that build in a while but it was probably my fastest TTK on bosses. It's just a bit fiddly, kind of dull and murder on the wrists having to zig-zag the whole time.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
hit 37, lvls starting to slow down as usual, and Crashdown is only at 47.../cry. Hopefully some piece of gear will have it earlier. Also, for someone that loves flying around, that flight suit unique cost reduction is a god send

Ploid 3.0

Finally got my random box from the ticket due to buying Emma 6 days before the luck of the draw thing. Dupe, maybe this dupe will cause me to collect enough splinters to buy a character instead of rolling the dice. Almost at 175 again.

Edit: I'm also around that level for Ms Marvel, and I looked for gear with that ability on it like a hawk. I should go back to her soon.

Yoday

A fun thing that I like to do with Stellar Flare is get into a large pack of elite mobs, activate Radiant Cascade, and then hold down Stellar Flare. No Escape!

Rhaknar

Finally got my random box from the ticket due to buying Emma 6 days before the luck of the draw thing. Dupe, maybe this dupe will cause me to collect enough splinters to buy a character instead of rolling the dice. Almost at 175 again.

Edit: I'm also around that level for Ms Marvel, and I looked for gear with that ability on it like a hawk. I should go back to her soon.

after the sale I only need 9 heroes so Im never popping a random again I guess. Im at around 425 atm I think, saving up for Spidey or Deadpool, probably Spidey, I dont particulary care for gun type chars (I want deadpool mostly for the shit he says)

To be fair at this points its just for completion sake really.

A fun thing that I like to do with Stellar Flare is get into a large pack of elite mobs, activate Radiant Cascade, and then hold down Stellar Flare. No Escape!

yup. actually funny story, I wasted a retcon by speccing out of Stellar Flare, and imediatly missing it even if it doesnt 1 shot blue mobs or anything. I just love the spell so much. I took out all the points from the basic attack, Ill try to manage my spirit I guess. I dont particulary care about dps anyway, I just want to use spells that I like lol

Yoday

I'm the same in that I spec into what I find fun to play. Min-maxing this game is really rather pointless right now, as the game really isn't hard at all. There may be a reason to do so once raids come out and there is more of a challenge, but right now trying to stick to the "best" spec for a character is really pointless if it isn't fun for you. Stellar Flare is pretty powerful once you get a lot of points into it, but the most important thing for me is that it has become the most fun ability that I have ever used in the game since they changed it last patch to pull enemies in.

Rhaknar

I actually think the "vacuum" part of the spell is really useful, and should sinergyse well with Crashdown

Ploid 3.0

I like anything that pulls enemies in. So satisfying.

When the patch is out I will be using the taunt exploding decoy arrow + tear gas arrowhead with hawkeye.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Oh wow I didn't even know that, haven't had Flare on MsM in a few weeks. I'll give it another whirl, it's gonna do more damage anyway with the next big patch.

Just got Colossus with splinters. His Wolverine summon is really effective! Once I reach 47 and can have Magik out too I'll probably gear for summon duration to get the most out of them.

Rhaknar

Oh wow I didn't even know that, haven't had Flare on MsM in a few weeks. I'll give it another whirl, it's gonna do more damage anyway with the next big patch.

Just got Colossus with splinters. His Wolverine summon is really effective! Once I reach 47 and can have Magik out too I'll probably gear for summon duration to get the most out of them.

Didn't know that it pulled mobs in? The range seems to be huge too. Where did you see it's getting a dmg buff, this pleases me

hitmon

So I'm trying to do a Legendary Quest and it says to change difficulty to heroic. How do I do that? Didn't see it in the options menu nor an option when trying to warp to the specific level.

hamchan

So I'm trying to do a Legendary Quest and it says to change difficulty to heroic. How do I do that? Didn't see it in the options menu nor an option when trying to warp to the specific level.

It's on the character change screen (Press T).

It'll be at the bottom of that window.

Rhaknar

Speaking of the roster screen, it's maddening that I can't order the heroes by level, now that I have almost all, having to look around for the one you want in a sea of lvl 1s sucks :(

hitmon

Is anybody else having trouble logging in? I've been stuck on a loading screen a few times now. I killed the program and now I can't get back in. Stuck on the Loki screen.

Rhaknar

Is anybody else having trouble logging in? I've been stuck on a loading screen a few times now. I killed the program and now I can't get back in. Stuck on the Loki screen.

Known bug, just restart the game. Happened to me twice in Madripoor and once on the login screen like you

SirKhalid

Try this, it help me last time.

1-Exit the game (ctrl-alt-del and kill 'MarvelGame.exe' if necessary)

2-Go to your "My DocumentsMy Games" (In Windows 7) and rename the "Marvel Heroes" folder to "Marvel Heroes (Backup)

3-Start Marvel Heroes. You will have to fill in your email address again but it worked for me.

http://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/29698/can-t-play-the-game#latest

I like anything that pulls enemies in. So satisfying.

When the patch is out I will be using the taunt exploding decoy arrow + tear gas arrowhead with hawkeye.

You should play Hulk. Not only does his pull in effect work much better (stellar flare has a slow, clunky animation), it has a much larger radius with his unique AoE radius bonuses and he just has better AoE damage in general from avalanche leap.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
After getting Thor in my first random hero box, I just opened my 2nd and got... Loki. Gee, I wonder if Marvel Heroes wants me to go see Thor 2: The Dark World, now playing in a theater near you.

shock33

How are people (well on the official forums) levelling 1-60 in a day?

Hero synergy + multiple boosts + legendary quest grind?

I know the maximum hero synergy is 200%, what's the theoretical max with the various boosts?

Hero synergy + multiple boosts + legendary quest grind?

I know the maximum hero synergy is 200%, what's the theoretical max with the various boosts?

You can go 1-60 in about eight hours with just a couple boosts always active(one pot + two stack of bars). Do MM to 20 then LQs to 60.

Max theoretical bonus percentage would be 650% (660% counting Cyclops's character synergy) by my count. Aside from the hero synergy exp, the rest of the sources should be multiplicative bonuses (correct me if I'm wrong). So you'd have 50% from pot, 200% from a five-stack of bars, 25% from the new boon, 20% from high Int, and a flat 200% added on top from the hero synergy. Assuming the bonuses are all just additive, the max would be 605%.

KePoW

Banned

Hero synergy + multiple boosts + legendary quest grind??

Yes, this.

It's not very hard with multiple XP boosts and hero bonus. I can do it in about two days.

I've still got about 30 of the yellow bars and maybe 50 yellow potions

GManDH

i did 56-59 in bout 2.5 hours and that was with a low boost and doing a lot of BS stuff, and no LQ. i mean its a major grind and i dont agree because part of the fun for me is to walk away and come back later but to each his own. i just wish we could have multiple builds and switch between them to experimentate with play styles.OOOO and when they had the exp bonus weekend i was doing a lvl every 1hr with no extra boost.

I just got my first 60 and it took me about 6 hours to get from 52 - 60 using cyclops with his 10% bonus + 50% pot + a couple of 100% single bars. Mostly by doing Legendary quests with a bit of story and x-defense mixed in.

Now I have 40% (30% + 10% cyclops) synergy bonus all the time and it's definitely making things go a lot faster unboosted with my other guys. I'll probably use at least 50% boosts for my next trip up to 60 from level 40, but it seems to get exponentially faster as you go. I can see people with maxed out synergy bonus using pots and doing it in a day or 2 no problem.

I've still been trying to do all the story quests that give bonuses, which slows things down a bit. I'm torn as to if it is worthwhile.

Also, I think it's worthwhile to just pay to reroll the crappy legendaries, I've had a few that just took forever that I should have just skipped.

shock33

30 yellow bars! Is that from buying them? Or just from fortune cards?

I've only got about 5 and I've been playing on and off from the start.

Even with 2 60's (including cyclops) a 50 and several at 25 levelling doesn't seem that fast to me, I obviously need to work on my prioritisations!

hamchan

Went from 1 to 42 with Jean Grey today. She really is a monster with how quickly and easily she kills things in Phoenix form. Which I suppose is accurate to comics.

Lord Phol

Soo tried out Captain and Hawkeye on the TC.. and daaaamn Captain is looking good. His skills and animations are one a whole different level compared to poor Hawkeye. Totally playing him once the rework goes live! 'Muuuuurica!

Rhaknar

Crashdown strike is pretty awesome, even if the damage isnt (probably better with more points in, im just using it from gear for now)

and flying characters are so much easier to just bypass everything in the story missions and just go straight for the objectives

inky

Can't wait for revised Cap and Hawkeye. I jumped into the Test Realm earlier today but I just fooled around the Danger Room and tried the cosmic terminals. Cosmic bosses seem to drop a very good amount of epics, but I didn't see anything else yet.

I also tried an insta lvl 60 Ms Marvel and I liked her a lot. Definitely another one of the characters I am looking forward to the most. It's silly because I bought the Avengers pack and she was going to be one of my mains after Thor, but I never got around to playing her. I've given up hope for that unmasked Captain Marvel costume now. =/

I also just realized that I won't have any Gs to buy the Kate B. costume, and that makes me a super sad panda.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
I'd be all over an unmasked Captain Marvel costume. The costume as-is just looks wrong. I really like the look in the comics, but something about that whole outfit seems kinda off. Maybe it's the lack of depth, like it looks too flat? idk. I'm using Warbird, which is my favorite Carol costume in-game.

Here's a tale of RNG gonna RNG: I used a 200% boost, which is 12 hours. During that whole time I got maybe 1 unique, but that might've been before the boost. Ran loads of X-def at 60, terminals, etc. Nothing but a lot of useless artifacts. The boost runs out, so I'm leveling Colossus with no RIF at all, find a unique at level 12 and one at 28. This isn't uncommon for me. I seriously think that the increase in purples and cosmics and artifacts I do see when I use boosts might be pushing uniques off the loot table. It's probably just RNG randomness, but damn if it don't make a brotha superstitious.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
definitely $20. costume-specific voice work automatically makes it an enhanced costume. Less than $20 (or 1950G actually) would make it the only enhanced costume at that price.

though it's technically $18.57 if you fund 2100G. :p $16.95 if you fund with $100.

inky

Woot

1Uqu03s.jpg

Second one now.

KePoW

Banned
30 yellow bars! Is that from buying them? Or just from fortune cards?

All from FC (Mark 1). Also you get multiple yellow potions from story quests on each hero.

There was a period of 3 to 4 straight months where I did the max number of terminal cube shard runs every day, so I got tons of FCs.

And I've also bought a couple packs of FC Mark 1s. (but I've never bought the XP boosts specifically)

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
There was a period of 3 to 4 straight months where I did the max number of terminal cube shard runs every day, so I got tons of FCs.

That's dedication, holy crap. I did that for a while but there's only so much MH I can play and ultimately I prefer doing LQ's or leveling up heroes to 60. Can't get any good shit with cube shards anyway.

Vecks

I used to hate doing terminals. Almost never did them because they just seemed rather tedious with no pay off. But the LQs changed all that. Makes them a lot more worthwhile now.

Rhaknar

getting a horrible string of LQs that I keep dropping midway because i cba to wait to finish them

example, is it me or there is only 1 treasure room in lower asgard, when the quest asks for 2?

inky

Well, I got a ton of costumes out of the MK I FCs doing terminals. I don't really mind doing them while listening to a podcast or something. That's why I only have 3 heroes at 60, though I definitely need to correct that.

Top Bottom