• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes |OT| GAF Assemble

Xevren

I don't remember if Cyclops was on the list for February. Pretty sure it was a list of 4 but can only remember three. (Black Widow, Black Panther, Thing and whoever else) I could be totally wrong though.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Feb. is just Widow, Panther and Daredevil.

Well shit. At the same time, like I said, don't see much to do with him, and I have those 3 characters so :)

Do we know who the avengers that pop in Captain America's ultimate are and what they do yet?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I'm on my phone so I can't see, do Thor and Hulk stay in there fighting while you reflect iron man's beam?

Edit: rewatched a couple of times and it doesn't seem like hulk and Thor actually do anything? Need to see at home in full screen for sure

Anyway that ultimate makes me want to use Cap lol

Hulk's leap and Thor's hammer throw both do insane levels of damage, but just that initial amount. Most of the damage will come from the IM's channeled beam.

Also, screw Nightcrawler and Cap, Hawkeye is what's hot right now. Really fun character with the rework.

Rhaknar

You guys on the test server should give us some impressions of the 3 :)

Ploid 3.0

Downloading test client tonight. I want to see what Hawkeye is like with the update.

Wow watching that MM Captain video it runs so smooth. I really need to upgrade my PC, dang.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Dang, that Cap ultimate looks rad as heck. Looks like they took some inspiration from MUA 2 for that one, good thing ;) The impact on that ground slam looks sweet, too. Can't wait to give him a whirl, downloading the TC as we speak. Last time the TC had a huge patch I played on there almost exclusively haha.

Lord Phol

Man I'm so stupid, I bought a costume (Cable X-Force Legendary) yesterday just because I wanted to gamble xD. I ended up not liking the costume nor the Hawkeye one (Modern) I randomed from the gift box. In my frustration over the purchase I used both of them as crafting material to get another costume. I get another Hawkeye costume (Old-man) that I don't want so I continue crafting 3 more times with other costumes I have.
In the end I got Rockets Marvel Now costume and Captains Agent of Shield costume, both which I think are pretty good. So I guess it could have turned out worse! But man that purchase was stupid to begin with :p.

On another note if Hawkeye is as good as Captain in that video I might have to get the Kate Bishop Costume for him >>. Not to mention Captain America with splinters, damn there's alot of juicy stuff coming with this patch!

Ploid 3.0

tumblr_mkatd3YDl41qcwe13o1_500.gif

Hulk punching Thor was in the movie too.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
I know we normally talk doom and gloom but is it just me or has this game's popularity gone up?

This thread seems more active than it's ever been for starters.
Then, this game has made the top 10 message boards on gamefaqs PC
http://www.gamefaqs.com/pc.

Jeff Gerstmann brought it up on the Bombcast a couple weeks ago and I decided to give it another whirl since I hadn't played since launch and I wanted to see if it got any better. I don't typically get into games like this but I've been having fun despite the fact that I'm being annoyed into spending money on it.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
In the last 5 or so hours I've been playing between today and yesterday I haven't gotten a single eternity splinter. What's the deal? I hit level 30, does that have something to do with it?

In the last 5 or so hours I've been playing between today and yesterday I haven't gotten a single eternity splinter. What's the deal? I hit level 30, does that have something to do with it?

Are you doing content appropriate to your level? If you are over leveled for whatever you are doing, you get no splinter drop. Enemies should be green or higher to you.

LiQuid!

Are you doing content appropriate to your level? If you are over leveled for whatever you are doing, you get no splinter drop. Enemies should be green or higher to you.

This must be it. I did a legendary quest yesterday in Norway and accidentally did a bunch of chapter 9 missions without even realizing it. Bummer, I still gottta go back and do all these missions to finish the story but not getting splinter drops stinks lol.

Ed: how do you check to see if an enemy is green or higher? Harder ones glow blue and yellow but I don't think I've ever seen a green one.

This must be it. I did a legendary quest yesterday in Norway and accidentally did a bunch of chapter 9 missions without even realizing it. Bummer, I still gottta go back and do all these missions to finish the story but not getting splinter drops stinks lol.

Make sure your hero has his difficulty set to the appropriate level.

This is why it's also important to actually do the story content once you get past normal difficulty, since you often will need access to areas in the story set to a particular difficulty for various legendaries. If you do nothing but MM once you hit normal, you are not going to be able to do certain legendaries till you unlock the zone.

When you mouse over an enemy, there is a little tab in the corner that is either grey, green, orange, red depending on level ranges. If your fighting grey enemies, you are over leveled for them and you don't get splinter drops.

At lvl 30 you should be on the next difficulty setting.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area

Ed: how do you check to see if an enemy is green or higher? Harder ones glow blue and yellow but I don't think I've ever seen a green one.

oh man.... this is a VERY VERY frustrating "bug" in this game if it's what happened to me. If you get caught between levels/grades, uggh. I had LQs assigned to me for like tier 2 terminals, ran some stuff with my brother and leveled, went back and I had outleveled my LQ. So much like you're saying I was running it, not thinking.. Just saying "it told me to do this" and yeah, same thing. No drops, no exp orbs, etc. I didn't even bother finishing and just rerolled.

I know it's probably super uncommon.. still seems like a bug.

as for leveling in the 50s. early 50s aren't horrible. Late 50s tbh I'll hit the store either for either fortune cards or just straight up exp pots. I bought the advance pack, so at this point I look at those small contributions as a monthly fee to avoid the grind of those 5ish levels. Might stop once I get through Cyclops who should be my 4th character.

Make sure your hero has his difficulty set to the appropriate level.

This is why it's also important to actually do the story content once you get past normal difficulty, since you often will need access to areas in the story set to a particular difficulty for various legendaries. If you do nothing but MM once you hit normal, you are not going to be able to do certain legendaries till you unlock the zone.

Nope, when you get a legendary quest, the appropriate portal for the story zone also unlocks.

Wallach

OMFG! ... INSPECT is huge! It's a main-stay in ARPGs. Legendary mission sharing! Is this all in the next patch or are these what they're working on? MH always has epic patch notes. Can't wait!

I don't think they are 100% on what is going in this week, and what will be going in with the NC patch (which is next Thursday). Only thing I know of is Danger Room, which will not be in either patch and will probably go live in February sometime.

Rhaknar

update on Ms.Marvel. Still really liking her, its funny that I got a artifact that is tailor made for the spec I had in mind (ranged moved do more dmg up close, Im doing a semi/tank / photonic build(, didnt even know it existed.

Speaking of my spec, Photonic Devastation has slightly screwed with my plans, as I wasnt planning on using it, I was mostly going to use Stellar Flare and Radiant Cascade after Crashing down on mobs, with photonic blast as filler when I had no spirit, but Ive been using devastation while leveling and its a beast, especially when you wiggle it (seriously, is that a bug, or do these moves really do more dmg when you wiggle them around, I thought the same on cyclops)

so unless Stellar Flare isnt as good as it sounds, I might have to drop points from the basic attack I guess, since its only filler anyway, and use devastation for single target bosses, and flare for aoe groups

also flying is fun, remind me to put 1 point in any character that has flying

Wallach

update on Ms.Marvel. Still really liking her, its funny that I got a artifact that is tailor made for the spec I had in mind (ranged moved do more dmg up close, Im doing a semi/tank / photonic build(, didnt even know it existed.

Speaking of my spec, Photonic Devastation has slightly screwed with my plans, as I wasnt planning on using it, I was mostly going to use Stellar Flare and Radiant Cascade after Crashing down on mobs, with photonic blast as filler when I had no spirit, but Ive been using devastation while leveling and its a beast, especially when you wiggle it (seriously, is that a bug, or do these moves really do more dmg when you wiggle them around, I thought the same on cyclops)

so unless Stellar Flare isnt as good as it sounds, I might have to drop points from the basic attack I guess, since its only filler anyway, and use devastation for single target bosses, and flare for aoe groups

also flying is fun, remind me to put 1 point in any character that has flying

The "wiggle" thing is definitely real; what happens is that these powers tick immediately when their cone passes over a target, then continue to tick every .5 seconds while the target remains in the cone. But if you rapidly move the cone off and onto them, you get that initial tick every time that happens, which you can do faster than every .5 seconds.

It's being fixed in the upcoming patch on all channeled powers.

inky

I'm glad for the Unibeam love this upcoming patch. I was about to drop it entirely due to how shitty it became after the IM/charge powers nerf.

Rhaknar

The "wiggle" thing is definitely real; what happens is that these powers tick immediately when their cone passes over a target, then continue to tick every .5 seconds while the target remains in the cone. But if you rapidly move the cone off and onto them, you get that initial tick every time that happens, which you can do faster than every .5 seconds.

im actually glad its being fixed even if its a nerf. I hate when stuff doesnt work as intended

Ploid 3.0

Finally got 10 splinters to drop at one time... but I'm on a test server ; ;

Also this game runs a lot better on Test than the main game. Like night and day, I can turn everything to max and it's still a ton better. Maybe the steam version is weird? I'm going to download the main not steam game tonight.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Charged up powers doing 200% bonus damage on full charge might make Stellar Flare worthwhile. Probably still subpar compared to Wave, but we'll see. I'm still not gonna be a fan of the skillshot charge up moves, because if you miss it's definitely a huge DPS loss. At least with Stellar Flare it's hard to miss.

Ploid 3.0

Hawkeye's Tear Gas Arrow seems so strong especially for like level 3 or whenever it unlocked (test center). I just put down a carpet of gas and watch stuff die.

DrBo42

Are they going to buff channeled powers to make them worthwhile? I've never understood why they don't apply a damage increase after I certain amount of time burning an enemy with a channeled power. Can't it make sense that channeled repulsors or channeled beam burn through armor over time doing more damage after a certain point?

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
I've had 10 splinter drops twice. Pretty cool when it happens. Also the occasional two at once.

Rhaknar

Stellar Flare (im only 32 but got it from gear) doesnt seem that good :( I like that it pulls mobs in but the damage doesnt seem that good for such a long charge (its not cyclops massive blast thats for sure), my half-tank photonic aoe spec is falling apart more and more :(

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Stellar Flare (im only 32 but got it from gear) doesnt seem that good :( I like that it pulls mobs in but the damage doesnt seem that good for such a long charge (its not cyclops massive blast thats for sure), my half-tank photonic aoe spec is falling apart more and more :(

Don't worry, that's a totally viable spec. I have maxed out Mighty Punch, Photonic Wave, Radiant Cascade, Crashdown Strike, Flight of the Warbird, Kree Toughness, Photonic Regen and a few points in Energy Absorption, iirc. I may not have maxed one of those, probably Cascade. Anyway, that's mostly photonic/energy damage, only 1 brawler talent besides the passive, and I'm tanky as hell. Photonic Regen and the Flight Suit unique make Carol one of the, if not THE best tanks in the game, without even having to rely on melee and still being super mobile and dishing out a ton of damage.

Carol fkkn rocks.

Rhaknar

Don't worry, that's a totally viable spec. I have maxed out Mighty Punch, Photonic Wave, Radiant Cascade, Crashdown Strike, Flight of the Warbird, Kree Toughness, Photonic Regen and a few points in Energy Absorption, iirc. I may not have maxed one of those, probably Cascade. Anyway, that's mostly photonic/energy damage, only 1 brawler talent besides the passive, and I'm tanky as hell. Photonic Regen and the Flight Suit unique make Carol one of the, if not THE best tanks in the game, without even having to rely on melee and still being super mobile and dishing out a ton of damage.

Carol fkkn rocks.

i love the synergy between Photonic Regeneration and Energy Infusion, actually, between flare and cascade also. I hope crashdown looks cool, have high hopes for it. Interesting that you dont use devastation, when I thought out the spec in the talent builder before playing her, I also didnt take it, but now that im playing her, it seems like a must, its such high dmg (although when they fix it probably not)

So what is your...ugh I hate to even say this, but "rotation"? Crashdown on a group, cascade (if its up) followed by Photonic Wave (I dont like Wave you know) and then punch stuff that is still alive (like a yellow elite for example)?

what about for bosses?

edit: oh also you took Kree toughness, the wording on it sounds weird, says defense rating to melee powers, what does that even mean?
edit edit: oops nvm Kree Toughness is damage rating not defense, that makes more sense lol

LiQuid!

I've only played 3 heroes so far but the difference in fun level between Hawkeye and Storm, it's almost like I'm playing a different game. Are there any other heroes that are widely considered crappy or godly compared to the rest? Was hoping to get more X-Men from my first splinter-bought random but I got Thor, is he any fun? I don't think Thor is very cool.

ed: oh, and I've amassed a pretty large pile of artifacts, if I don't immediately plan on using these on my current hero can I just junk em? I'm hesitant to just start trashing items but bank space being what it is I'm going to have to start making hard choices.

Vecks

Heroes with their lv 52 review (Colossus, Ms. Marvel, any of the newly released heroes) are generally more fun because they spent more time and thought into their powers and animations. So the ones currently considered crappy like hawkeye, and Captain America are soon gonna be drastically improved within a week or two. Daredevil is considered bad too(only has one or two good moves), but he should be getting a rework soon.

However, some are pretty much godly without the lv 52. Iron man and Scarlet Witch fall into this category, as they are pretty amazing with lots of options.

Most artifacts are pretty common. Just junk'em unless they are some of the rarer or overall useful ones. Pym's Shrinking, Edge of Infinity, Ziggurat of Kargul... stuff like that are probably ones you'll want to hold onto.

Rhaknar

I will never use Pyms size reduction artifact on any character, I dont care how good it is.

Same for never using the size increase ones except for Hulk, Colossus, Thing (and Juggernaut I guess). The Marvel side of the game FAR outweights the actual game part for me :p

Lord Phol

Heroes with their lv 52 review (Colossus, Ms. Marvel, any of the newly released heroes) are generally more fun because they spent more time and thought into their powers and animations. So the ones currently considered crappy like hawkeye, and Captain America are soon gonna be drastically improved within a week or two. Daredevil is considered bad too(only has one or two good moves), but he should be getting a rework soon.

However, some are pretty much godly without the lv 52. Iron man and Scarlet Witch fall into this category, as they are pretty amazing with lots of options.

Most artifacts are pretty common. Just junk'em unless they are some of the rarer or overall useful ones. Pym's Shrinking, Edge of Infinity, Ziggurat of Kargul... stuff like that are probably ones you'll want to hold onto.

Err Iron Man was the first to get his rework :p. Thor is pretty damn fun though, feels really powerful (with the right build) and his powers look great. On a whole other level compared to storm who imo has the worst visuals in the game atm.

inky

Well, Iron Man got it before they standardized the process for every hero with a signature power, and a shorter cooldown ulti, but yes, he effectively has it already. He was very poor near release for being the most notable Marvel hero currently.

I did not know that sir! :(

I know, just a heads up so you don't end up donating a super rare artifact like Pym's

Rhaknar

Well, Iron Man got it before they standardized the process for every hero with a signature power, and a shorter cooldown ulti, but yes, he effectively has it already. He was very poor near release for being the most notable Marvel hero currently.

I know, just a heads up so you don't end up donating a super rare artifact like Pym's

I think I kept mine...I think :/

Got my first Ms Marvel unique, cool. something something flight suit.

edit: I wish they would get rid of the useless short dash thing Ms Marvel starts with and just make warbird charge her default movement spell, its so much better its not even funny

Vecks

Err Iron Man was the first to get his rework :p. Thor is pretty damn fun though, feels really powerful (with the right build) and his powers look great. On a whole other level compared to storm who imo has the worst visuals in the game atm.

Well, yeah, both iron man and scarlet witch weren't that great at the start. They've had significant upgrades over the months. Just trying to clarify that some heroes don't have to have the lv52 to be considered playable (or even amazing), especially after the DPS patch in december.

Top Bottom