• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes |OT| GAF Assemble

I never saw one til I got him to 20. And then I've only seen one so far. It was a burning brazier, level 49 or something.

I don't think it's worth it to level the vendors past unlocking those PurpBoxes.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
anyone else not feel like lvling any non-52 review characters, especially after seeing the changes they do with them?

I just think, I wanna level them with the new stuff, if they are 60, sure ill try out the new stuff, but by then ill probably be leveling someone else anyway, know what I mean?

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
anyone else not feel like lvling any non-52 review characters, especially after seeing the changes they do with them?

I just think, I wanna level them with the new stuff, if they are 60, sure ill try out the new stuff, but by then ill probably be leveling someone else anyway, know what I mean?

Still very much depends on the character. Having a blast with Iron Man, who got a rework right before the level 52 style. So he basically has a signature power but it's not called that. It's better than most signatures, even. Storm is great fun too, as is Punisher. But then there are your Things, Daredevils, Wolverines and Deadpools and I just can't be bothered.

Also Gambit, was fun at first but a drag now. Really clunky skillset. Tempest Rush, or whatever it's called, the bo rush move, shouldn't be that far down his tree. He has very few good melee/aoe options early.

Also apparently Punisher's Rocket Launcher and Pain Tolerance got nerfed hard on TC. Sadface. Don't know why they'd do that.

Vecks

I guess I'm the opposite. After familiarizing myself with a character, I like seeing all the changes when they get reworked, and trying out new things with the character.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
55 and a half on Ms Marvel, not bad. and 530 splinters, should get Spider Man by the weekend easily (and MsMarvel to 60)

I think Ill go back and finish SG (shes 52) after, instead of moving on to a new character, while I wait for Nightcrawler and Hawkeye in the patch

KePoW

Banned
Also apparently Punisher's Rocket Launcher and Pain Tolerance got nerfed hard on TC. Sadface. Don't know why they'd do that.

Wow wtf, that's weird.

I've a very pro-nerf gamer in general, so I have a good idea for what's overpowered or not. I don't think those two are that out of line right now.

Rhaknar

was just a thought for when I wasnt home is all. instead of idling for cards like I do right now I would idle for splinters. not like I need to do it, I already bought almost the entire roster and the advance pack anyway.

hmm starting to think Energy Absorbtion might be a 1 point wonder, you still get the 25% dmg reduction after using a photonic power anyway

looking back at this I feel bad for sugesting it, just the other day I was thinking "why do people idle there and check back every 8 mins instead of just playing", oh well, I apologize. Im glad it doesnt work anyway heh

is there a better talent calculator then the one on Marvelbase? not only is the point count off as we saw, but some talents are just plain wrong too :(

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Haha, just played Punisher on TC, he's ridiculously broken. Did some Cosmic Hood runs. Rocket Launcher sucks, the damage isn't there. Pain Tolerance seems fine?? It maxes out at 55% DR at rank 27 so idk what people were saying, maybe in the previous build. But here's where it gets funny. Flamethrower was doing INSANE damage, like critting for 200k. It's silly. So I'm not too worried about the state of Punisher on test right now, assuming all of his damage is out of whack.

Edit: Haha, too good. The new bovineheim level costs 200 splinters/200 Cube Shards... for a SINGLE use portal. Doomsaw's justification:

"If you do the math, it's only 40 splinters or shards per person, if you share the overall cost with 5 friends and take turns each using their 200 cost portal. Not for everyone, but if you have an Advance Pack or nothing to do with your cube shards, I think it's a great option.

Both of the cow levels are "reward levels", the loot is obviously much better than the rest of the game since it's more of a relaxing "kill and get tons of loot" experience. So this new level is the same philosophy - the loot is tuned way too high as a reward and you have two different ways to access it.

The level 60 version also has no RNG for the recipe to drop and no time cost of farming medallions and no credit cost. Keep that in mind.

Totally optional if you prefer not to use it. Nothing mandatory about it and there are tons of other ways to get loot."

One user said it best: "I feel like Gaz just back handed me and told me it was because he loves me. Which makes it hurt 15% less."

KePoW

Banned
Edit: Haha, too good. The new bovineheim level costs 200 splinters/200 Cube Shards... for a SINGLE use portal. Doomsaw's justification:

"If you do the math, it's only 40 splinters or shards per person, if you share the overall cost with 5 friends and take turns each using their 200 cost portal. Not for everyone, but if you have an Advance Pack or nothing to do with your cube shards, I think it's a great option.

Both of the cow levels are "reward levels", the loot is obviously much better than the rest of the game since it's more of a relaxing "kill and get tons of loot" experience. So this new level is the same philosophy - the loot is tuned way too high as a reward and you have two different ways to access it.

The level 60 version also has no RNG for the recipe to drop and no time cost of farming medallions and no credit cost. Keep that in mind.

Totally optional if you prefer not to use it. Nothing mandatory about it and there are tons of other ways to get loot."

LOL... I personally don't care and think that's funny, but I can tell this is something other people might whine about.

Rhaknar

Lol at the splinter cost. Good for people with all the heroes I guess

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
For Australia Day celebration week, along with the Pyro loot buff, there are also two new items that drop which can be sold for credits or donated to level your crafter.

Australia Flags sell/donate for 500 credits.

Koalas sell/donate for 10,000 credits.

Both of the credit values are a reward for finding these items and will be returned to their rightful owners.

Both can drop from any enemy from tomorrow morning until 1/30/2014.

Australian Day is January 26th and we want to wish the best to all of our Australian players.

time to level my vendors

Vecks

Just gonna ignore it then. The normal cow level isn't even good to begin with. Without any kind of real reward, I'm not gonna bother.

khT4iHL.gif

Blank!

CH never gave me a problem being pseudo-AOE. i.e. hold the hot key down and drag the mouse over where you want to "aim" it.

also many are saying there WAS a damage soak on CW before. so less power (even if still more than CH) and more incoming damage while standing still. seems like a fair-er trade off. Not saying you're wrong, but prior to this change it really felt much more like you're saying.. if you didn't choose CW, you were basically crazy. now it can be about preference, you are competitive in DPS, and have mobility.

of course that 99% of the builds already are CW builds means more people will be nerfed than not. always the ugly side to changes like these :\ nerfs suck but from a dev point of view, so do ability trees where there's 1 right way and the rest are wrong ways.

I posted on the test forum, but anyone who didn't see a CW nerf coming wasn't trying out the ability enough :p

The damage shield was for your entire team and game breaking. I was taking 20/30 damage per hit from Red Doom's form 3 multi-hit attack. I was HEALING from form 2 Doom that rolled cosmic sitting in 2 pools, his melee, with a ravenous ticking away in my bubble. It's insanely hard to die if you aren't CC'ed.

Nevermind the insane damage (I kill form 1 and 3 red doom in 1 and a half Chaos Warps with other DoT's going and tier 2 doom in 3 if I'm not interrupted... no blessings).

Haven't been on test, but wouldn't be surprised if this ends up getting nerfed into the ground. The damage shield anyway will be reduced significantly. Might dodge this patch, but except it in soon.

hitmon

I've seen people mention leveling up uniques. Would someone please explain how this is done? I assume this requires a maxed out crafter, but not sure what else I would need. Should I sell lower level Cosmic items?

Wallach

I've seen people mention leveling up uniques. Would someone please explain how this is done? I assume this requires a maxed out crafter, but not sure what else I would need. Should I sell lower level Cosmic items?

I'm not sure what rank crafter it requires, but it's probably max or near max. You get options to level them up to 40, 50 or 60 and each one is more expensive. The level 40 one just requires standard crafting materials and 100k credits, the level 50 one needs 1 Unstable Molecule and 250k credits, and the level 60 one requires 2 Unstable Molecules and 600k credits.

Upgrade Unique to level 40 unlocks at Crafter Level 15. Upgrade Unique to level 50 unlocks at Crafter Level 17. Upgrade Unique to level 60 unlocks at Crafter Level 19. It's expensive but it's worth it to be able to buy level 20 gear boxes when you're only looking for certain Uniques. Also with the correct character and equipment, credits are easy to come by endgame.

hitmon

I'm not sure what rank crafter it requires, but it's probably max or near max. You get options to level them up to 40, 50 or 60 and each one is more expensive. The level 40 one just requires standard crafting materials and 100k credits, the level 50 one needs 1 Unstable Molecule and 250k credits, and the level 60 one requires 2 Unstable Molecules and 600k credits.

Upgrade Unique to level 40 unlocks at Crafter Level 15. Upgrade Unique to level 50 unlocks at Crafter Level 17. Upgrade Unique to level 60 unlocks at Crafter Level 19. It's expensive but it's worth it to be able to buy level 20 gear boxes when you're only looking for certain Uniques. Also with the correct character and equipment, credits are easy to come by endgame.

Thanks, my crafter is currently at 13 so I'm slowly getting there. I'm glad I don't have to wait until the crafter is fully maxed to take advantage.

I have some confusion regarding costume cores. I noticed I have some lower level ones that have 25% Special Find + other bonuses (i.e. +1fighting) and a higher level one that has only 25% special find. Is there a reason to keep the higher level core with only that special find bonus?

Wallach

Thanks, my crafter is currently at 13 so I'm slowly getting there. I'm glad I don't have to wait until the crafter is fully maxed to take advantage.

I have some confusion regarding costume cores. I noticed I have some lower level ones that have 25% Special Find + other bonuses (i.e. +1fighting) and a higher level one that has only 25% special find. Is there a reason to keep the higher level core with only that special find bonus?

The affixes you apply to your costume increase based on the level of the costume core you slot into it. However, I would just hold out until you find a higher level costume core with better stats. The amount of credits it costs to slot a core is based on the level of the core, and it isn't that cheap.

Rhaknar

The lvl 50 upgrade to uniques seems useless since you're just leveling anyway so gear is barely important, and unlike the lvl 40 one, the 50 one is actually expensive to make because you need a unstable molecule which is still fairly rare (and the level 60 one needs 2 so why waste 1 at 50)

Unless I read it wrong and the level 60 one only upgrades uniques in the 50-59 range?

Edit: servers going down at 6am pst (2pm UK time I think?) for patch 2.14

Lord Phol

Edit: servers going down at 6am pst (2pm UK time I think?) for patch 2.14

Yay so happy! Should be about finished when I get home!
According to Ryolnir the 2.14 patch will include the following: Patch Notes for TC

About the whole cow level thing. I agree that the cost seems way too high, but I wouldn't compare it to the former cosmic keys since this is only obtainable with in-game tokens (unless I missed something), making it play2play and not pay2play. This was also in the patch notes:
In the future, recipes may also be available as more heroes do battle against the deadly Skrull Cows. (They will not be in a fortune card, however, that was a bit too random for new content).
So there's hope!

Rhaknar

Oh this is the review patch, guess I'm playing Hawkeye after Ms Marvel

Vecks

As Wallach said, just keep hunting for better cores that are higher level with other bonuses. The common drop won't have anything other than 20% SIF or 25% RIF, regardless of level. They don't have colors to determine rarity in the same way that gear has, so they all look the same (purple), but costume cores can have up to 2 bonuses at max I think.

From what I've seen, these can include +1 to attributes (like +1 to fighting/energy/etc), some kind of def/hp/sp stat boost (I haven't seen any offensive stat boosts), some form of benefit on medkit use like temporary invis/invul/move speed/25% instant regen, and life leech (which is going to be nerfed in the future because it's too awesome).

inky

I want in on the Cap/Hawk action too! =D

About the whole cow level thing. I agree that the cost seems way too high, but I wouldn't compare it to the former cosmic keys since this is only obtainable with in-game tokens (unless I missed something), making it play2play and not pay2play. This was also in the patch notes:

So there's hope!

Cosmic keys used to drop too. They were changed into cube shards when they were taken out. I had about 30 of them when that happened, so yea, that is why I said that. I understand the obvious differences.

I think they do compare, as gatewayed content for people (like me, ironically) who pay more to have most content unlocked instead of getting it through play. Drops were certainly more common than the time it would take you to farm the shards. 30 runs at a cow level would be, what, 6000 ES? This sounds worse than farming keys tbh.

Like I said, whatever. Cow level is something I don't really care about now and if the people who already have most or all heroes unlocked want to pay that price, be my guest. 40% RIF sounds insignificant anyways.

Lord Phol

I want in on the Cap/Hawk action too! =D
Awesome, just whisper me in-game whenever! :D
I should be on later today.

Cosmic keys used to drop too. They were changed into cube shards when they were taken out. I had about 30 of them when that happened, so yea, that is why I said that. I understand the obvious differences.

I think they do compare, as gatewayed content for people (like me, ironically) who pay more to have most content unlocked instead of getting it through play. Drops were certainly more common than the time it would take you to farm the shards. 30 runs at a cow level would be, what, 6000 ES? This sounds worse than farming keys tbh.

Like I said, whatever. Cow level is something I don't really care about now and if the people who already have most or all heroes unlocked want to pay that price, be my guest. 40% RIF sounds insignificant anyways.

Well cosmics keys were like that so they would sell in the store, which everyone agreed sucked, so Gaz removed them. This however from my knowledge is not locked behind a paywall. I agree that costs is too high, but at least it's obtainable from playing the game.

I also don't think the aim is to be able to do 30 cow levels like you can for example do x-defense runs or terminals. It's suppose to be like a bonus place you might do once in awhile. That being said, the cost for a portal could be something more interesting than cubes and shards IMO. In this case I think Diablo 3 does it better with their Pony level.

But yeah can't say I care too much either, as long as it doesn't effect the rest of the game and future content.

Gothos

So many nerfs in that patch, jesus. Spidey once again nerfed - he was so much fun around November/early December and since then he's getting more and more shafted with every patch with some very werid design decisions. I barely play him now....

Lord Phol

So many nerfs in that patch, jesus. Spidey once again nerfed - he was so much fun around November/early December and since then he's getting more and more shafted with every patch with some very werid design decisions. I barely play him now....

Ouch, that's sad to hear :7. Don't play him myself so can't comment, but at least he's getting a new Amazing Uppercut animation. Thought that was pretty cool at least.

KePoW

Banned

Nerfed how? I don't play the TC

I'm in with my unlabeled Hawkeye. My Cap is sitting at 51, so he'll be out of the fun even though I'd rather level him.

What amount of hero synergy bonus does everyone planning to do this have? I'm just north of 100%. Believe me, this will matter.

Yoday

What is all of this about the cow level? Is it supposed to cost a lot to get into or something? My recipe for it requires like five medallions and an insignificant amount of credits. I still haven't done it yet though. Is a group required, and are the rewards any good?

SirKhalid

What is all of this about the cow level? Is it supposed to cost a lot to get into or something? My recipe for it requires like five medallions and an insignificant amount of credits. I still haven't done it yet though. Is a group required, and are the rewards any good?
The new one required 200 eternity splinters or 200 cube shards. I heard it has a 40% rarity bonus when you do it. Doesn't seem to be worth it.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
Lol at the splinter cost. Good for people with all the heroes I guess

so here's what I don't get. are most people actually obsessed with getting all characters? There are currently 28 characters in the game, likely 40 by the end of the year. It comes out to an average (ish) of 400 splinters per character making it 11,200 splinters to get all characters or roughly 1120 hours of game time (46 DAYS played).

Now if you are going free for any good part, sure I can understand "oh I'd really like to play this character or that character". But how many characters does one person really desire to play?

As for the splinter cost, the way he breaks it down is actually not bad, EXCEPT that you can't do it like that. if a PUG actually could each donate 40 splinters that comes out to roughly 90¢ per person contributed. Not bad. But the fact is that someone is basically paying all $4.50 or 20 hours farmed. then that's recouped by (in theory) them getting to join in on 4 more runs for no cost. which isn't at all guaranteed to be practical.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
I just did the new cow level on TC. It's total garbage. All the mobs are quite easy, except the bosses who could oneshot my SW with power cosmic and in general were no fun to fight, like the regular cow commanders but twice as strong. And the only noteworthy loot I saw was 1 cosmic, and this is with 440% RIF. It's a total ripoff and quite honestly they should be ashamed that they're selling it for 200 splinters.

Rhaknar

I'm in with my unlabeled Hawkeye. My Cap is sitting at 51, so he'll be out of the fun even though I'd rather level him.

What amount of hero synergy bonus does everyone planning to do this have? I'm just north of 100%. Believe me, this will matter.

oh nice are the servers back? just woke up, played a bit earlier when I got home from work (graveyard shift is fun kids) figuring the game would be out all afternoon so I would sleep during it...but I didnt because my dog woke me up yay. at least the game is up :) time t finish off emma, close to 58 when I stopped earlier

edit: hmm when you said Im in did you mean in the game? steam patch doesnt seem to be out for me

Rhaknar

Try restarting. Patch is downloading for me, 2.9 GB

i did :( you cant force/trigger a game on steam to check for patches right?

edit: restarted again and its going woot

Wallach

Sometimes I don't know why I even read the official forums. Defense and dodge are apparently useless and terrible, and RIP every hero that was even slightly nerfed.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
i did :( you cant force/trigger a game on steam to check for patches right?

umm... trying to run it out of date (which it should now be) should force it.

Sometimes I don't know why I even read the official forums. Defense and dodge are apparently useless and terrible, and RIP every hero that was even slightly nerfed.
dodge on non-dodge heroes is pretty bad, ya. it ends up just being an incoming dps net reduction. on dodge heroes it was a big nerf, but is still a significantly bigger inc dps reduction than non-dodge heroes.

they should have left it at 100% avoidance and just put a hard cap in.

Xevren

Sounds like most official forums!

Usually it's not so bad though compared to most. People being drama queens.

Rhaknar

you get hyperbole in every forum, even this one. People dont like nerfs I guess lol (im not defending the official forums btw). I never cared for nerfs in games (well mmos), then again I never cared for damage meters either

edit: downloaded patch, cant login, games game is temporarely unavailable on login. I guess the game isnt up yet afterall, or just went down again :)

Top Bottom