• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel's new (added) mandate is 'Make epic games,' Spider-Man is just the beginning

Neoxon

3rd person espionage Winter Soldier title by Kohima Productions

Thor by Sony Santa Monica

Black Panther by Rocksteady

Squad based action Guardians of the Galaxy game by whoever.

Make it happen Sony!
Isn't Santa Monica kinda doing that with the new God of War (with it being based on Norse mythology)?

Neonep

3rd person espionage Winter Soldier title by Kohima Productions

Thor by Sony Santa Monica

Black Panther by Rocksteady

Squad based action Guardians of the Galaxy game by whoever.

Make it happen Sony!

I like these, especially Black Panther.

Gimme:

Daredevil
Daredevil + Arkham games minus gadgets.

Everything is sonar vision. You can detect heartbeats, hear the sound of guns reloading, pick up on important conversations, detect the sound of swords when fighting The Hand etc.

Some enemies are invisible (to Matt) in combat (like Hand ninjas) so you have to be vigilant, wait for them to strike to counter the attack and pick up on their location.

Map is contained to Hell's Kitchen and a few surrounding areas. Not entirety of Manhattan. Lots of interior levels.

Guns are much more deadly since not only do they damage you but can also scramble your sonar vision when fired.

Lawyer missions that play like Ace Attorney. Investigation is mostly Daredevil stuff (clues, interrogation etc.) but you also play as Matt Murdock talking to people involved with the case. Courtroom sessions play pretty much identical to AA but with the added ability of sonar vision to detect heartbeats. Of course, you need to have evidence, witness testimonies and convincing arguments so you can't just rely on heartbeats.

Thor hack and slash
Captain America (or Black Panther) game with platforming and Batman Arkham type combat
Black Widow game like Splinter Cell
Heroes for Hire co-op brawler
Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3

Screw company feuds. I want proper X-Men and Fantastic Four games, damn it.

Neoxon

Marvel 4?
We can only hope. It'd basically be a license to print money for Capcom. And since Street Fighter V is already the main Capcom Pro Tour game, Capcom would have no tournament league to rush the game out for (besides maybe EVO, which is just a huge singular tournament).

If you mean Marvel obtaining the X-Men/F4 movie rights, Deadpool being a box office hit pretty much guaranteed that Fox won't sell the X-Men rights anytime soon. Maybe Marvel can get Fox to budge for the Fantastic Four, but that's it. What Marvel's doing now is to minimize the exposure of the Fox characters in any way they can.

I know why they're doing it... It makes sense on their end. But I want a world where the X-Men properties revert back to Marvel. Like how Spider-Man kind of did. I want more of that.

Nokterian

At least it isn't on the hand of activision anymore..but i do want a new Wolverine game..i mean raven software delivers a fantastic game that i really enjoyed.

Neoxon

I know why they're doing it... It makes sense on their end. But I want a world where the X-Men properties revert back to Marvel. Like how Spider-Man kind of did. I want more of that.
Marvel didn't regain the rights to Spider-Man for the movies, they're just the designated driver for Sony Pictures.

Neonep

Daredevil + Arkham games minus gadgets.

Everything is sonar vision. You can detect heartbeats, hear the sound of guns reloading, pick up on important conversations, detect the sound of swords when fighting The Hand etc.

Some enemies are invisible (to Matt) in combat (like Hand ninjas) so you have to be vigilant, wait for them to strike to counter the attack and pick up on their location.

Map is contained to Hell's Kitchen and a few surrounding areas. Not entirety of Manhattan. Lots of interior levels.

Guns are much more deadly since not only do they damage you but can also scramble your sonar vision when fired.

Lawyer missions that play like Ace Attorney. Investigation is mostly Daredevil stuff (clues, interrogation etc.) but you also play as Matt Murdock talking to people involved with the case. Courtroom sessions play pretty much identical to AA but with the added ability of sonar vision to detect heartbeats. Of course, you need to have evidence, witness testimonies and convincing arguments so you can't just rely on heartbeats.
This sound fucking fantastic.

eizarus

Banned
Isn't Santa Monica kinda doing that with the new God of War (with it being based on Norse mythology)?
Yeah, that's why I went with that. The axe-summoning is straight from Thor.

I like these, especially Black Panther.
Really hope Sony (assuming they've got a monopoly on Marvel titles now (haven't read the article yet)) can lockdown some seriously high quality work. Marvel have been doing it with all of their movies (with a small number of exceptions) so I've got faith that they'll ensure the same for their games.

TopoGio

Neo Member
Marvel Video Game Universe? MVGU? Nick Fury at end of Spiderman game confirmed?

By the way, is it confirmed this game is completely exclusive to PS4 or is it timed?

Marvel didn't regain the rights to Spider-Man for the movies, they're just the designated driver for Sony Pictures.

Which is fine! I don't care how it needs to happen, but I want Marvel to make the X-Men great again! And a staple of the Marvel universe like they used to be. Rather than this ban they have...

Neoxon

Which is fine! I don't care how it needs to happen, but I want Marvel to make the X-Men great again! And a staple of the Marvel universe like they used to be. Rather than this ban they have...
Feeling's mutual, but Fox pretty much has a death grip on the mutants for the movies, which is having a ripple effect on how Marvel treats them in other media. Unless the next few X-Men films bomb, I wouldn't get your hopes up.

Dali

They realized WB had the right idea, I guess. Now if only they could follow Warner/DC's lead in the animation arena.

fader

Marvel 4?

after SFxT, UMVC3 and SFV disasters. I don't even think Capcom is considering putting out a new fighting game not named "Street Fighter" for a while now or even ever. IMO, Capcom's best move would be to do a Capcom game similar to MVC but only with their licensed characters. Avoid Disney negotiations, avoid anger from fans for no inclusion of X-men. The experimental RE7 shows that they are willing to gamble so maybe they will have renewed interest in creating a non-SF fighting game in the future.

Feeling's mutual, but Fox pretty much has a death grip on the mutants for the movies, which is having a ripple effect on how Marvel treats them in other media. Unless the next few X-Men films bomb, I wouldn't get your hopes up.

I know... It's a bummer too, because the movies have been so sub-par! Gah!

Bizzquik

Multi-plat, please.

I get that you had to let Sony do an exclusive Spider-Man in order to let him exist in Marvel films (MCU)....

But I want Marvel games on my PC.

Neoxon

after SFxT, UMVC3 and SFV disasters. I don't even think Capcom is considering putting out a new fighting game not named "Street Fighter" for a while now or even ever. IMO, Capcom's best move would be to do a Capcom game similar to MVC but only with their licensed characters. Avoid Disney negotiations, avoid anger from fans for no inclusion of X-men. The experimental RE7 shows that they are willing to gamble so maybe they will have renewed interest in creating a non-SF fighting game in the future.
The thing is, Capcom didn't blame fighting games for Street Fighter V underperforming. They're well aware of why it underperformed. And even then, they didn't miss the mark by that much. As for Capcom All-Stars, part of the reason why we see a ton of obscure characters in Vs. games is because of the more popular IP doing most of the advertising. Without the appeal of something like Marvel, Capcom would be forced to focus on the likes of Resident Evil, Street Fighter, Mega Man, & Devil May Cry.

Neoxon

none of that means there wont be a new mvc though
I never said that there won't be another MvC game. I'm just saying that we should keep our expectations in check for the roster of MvC4 &, by extension, the possible games that we can get with Marvel characters.

hohoXD123

Hopefully this means more Marvel games being developed by studios with a history of high quality games. Give Platinum any Marvel game and let them work their magic please.

Cool! DC shouldn't get to have all the fun. I think it's about damn time, honestly. Spider-Man looks lovely, and I can't wait to see what else comes of this!

Well Marvel, you have Day 1 purchases for

• Marvel vs Capcom 4 (or make an X-Men vs Avengers game so I can shit on Captain America with Cyclops)
  • Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3
Make it happen.

Top Bottom