• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[N-Conf] ZombiU for WiiU

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
There have been questions as to whether that video was real in-game gameplay or just conceptual. I guess if it is in-game, I'm happy. The game looks awesome, and the concept and gameplay are amazing.

I can't justify a purchase of the system with it quite yet though.
He meant the real video:
Dunno if there are more from other sites.

Edit: beat.

And of course I doubt any of us is thinking of buying this thing at launch, especially not after the 3DS. They have to actually release games people really want first, and multiple of them, like they've been doing for 3DS past its early troubles.

beje

Banned
There have been questions as to whether that video was real in-game gameplay or just conceptual. I guess if it is in-game, I'm happy. The game looks awesome, and the concept and gameplay are amazing.

I can't justify a purchase of the system with it quite yet though.

This game being decent + a good post-launch line-up would justify it for me, but only at a 250€ price tag, which is not unreasonable using Amazon UK if it ends up being 300€ in the rest of Europe.

IdeaMan

My source is my ass!
It's certainly not just "another zombie game", look at the efforts for Wii U features implementation, the atmosphere, the trailer, the mood. This title will be surprising, especially for its fun, and all the gameplay applications thanks to the system specificities.

Mr. Robot

Was ready to bash this game, then i saw the gametrailers gameplay, and what they said about killing your former self to get back your items and starting over again if you get bit is interesting, a game with an old school game over for your character and still not being a general game over is refreshing, this game has potential as long as ubisoft doesn't red steel it.

And i want info on the multiplayer, i hope they keep the 5 player stuff from when it was killer freaks.

Bumhead

Banned
I'm having a really, REALLY hard time differentiating this between actually being a good game and typical Ubisoft launch tat.

tmarques

from what I saw in the GT demo, beside the face models, I think few fps looks better than it (on consoles at least); for example, it looks better than Deus Ex

To be fair, Deus Ex was kind of bland and stiff even maxed out on PC.

I also think ZombiU (any chance of a title change? It'll be hard selling a "serious" game with such a name) looks good enough, but some of the animations were atrocious.

RooMHM

It's very close. I will wait for reviews before a final decision. But I'm not happy with Nintendo right now.
Well they basically made zero effort... Nintendo.

Doesn't look very good but the principle of perpetual world and "no game over, no end" is quite cool.

Mlatador

Banned
hmmn, might want to give it another try

I´m such a n00b i dunno how to put stuff on these kinds of forums....sorry about that.

Don't worry man, I could see your video! Thanks for posting it!

To be honest, it looks GOOD! And the more I hear about the game, the more I get interested.

Like others have said, this game might be more Resident Evil than Resident Evl 6...

GDGF

Soothsayer

I think that was from multiplayer. Not sure though.

Fucking lighting looks damn good.

Which came out how many years after the Wii launch?

And this has been in development for over two years. My point is it would be silly to make an argument one way or another based on Red Steel. Almost superstition level silly.

Yep, and then I remember Red Steel 2, which was pretty sweet.

Years and years after the complete and utter disaster of Red Steel 1.

Besides, no need to deflect it with a marginally better sequel that sold terribly. I'm mostly pointing out the fact that Red Steel was made Ubisoft, much like ZombiU, and much like ZombiU, it was a new-ish IP at launch, on the new Nintendo console, with people clinging to it as one of the launch killer apps. The similarities are uncanny, I'm saying keep expectations in check because we all know what happened last time this exact scenario happened.

Effect

Think so. You could a overall map on the controller. Which lets the person place down zombies like shown in the Killer Freaks demo.

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
Don't worry man, I saw the video! Thanks for posting it!

To me honest, it looks GOOD! And the more I hear about the game, the more I get interested.

Like others said, this game might be more Resident Evil than Resident Evl 6...
And so is Pacman. This does look like a proper survival horror, though, in the best of traditions of the genre.

And this has been in development for over two years. My point is it would be silly to make an argument one way or another based on Red Steel. Almost superstition level silly.

Yeah, IQ is clean, lighting looks good as do some of the environmental effects. Character models look good in the body but some of them need work in the facial area. Animation is a little stiff in parts.

I'm cautiously optimistic on this one, as long as it doesn't get Red Steel'd we might well be in for a treat.

Looking forward to seeing/hearing more about this title.

Hoo-doo

Banned
It's certainly not just "another zombie game", look at the efforts for Wii U features implementation, the atmosphere, the trailer, the mood. This title will be surprising, especially for its fun, and all the gameplay applications thanks to the system specificities.

You already played it?

soultron

Banned

It's safe to assume that's the MP because of the respawn timer and the different HUD. (Look at the top and you'll see a humans/zombies flag counter.)

Looks good. This, Rayman Legends, and Project P-100 have me interested in the WiiU.

The way the game is designed to take advantage of the GamePad is really attractive.

remnant

Banned
I just did, and it has the potential to be pretty good. Especially for a launch game. It feels really good, and the game concept is really bad ass. If your character gets bitten, you're done. I really enjoyed it.

did the controller battery die in your hand?

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member
I find the permadeath mechanic to be the most interesting aspect by far. I really hope this turns out well for that reason alone.

AzaK

My interest was piqued when in the demo on GT the game asked you to look down at the controller. Sounds like some facial recognition to know where you're looking and then react accordingly. It was during a scene where the protagonist looks in their bag so the screen could show the inside of the bag. Of course, the game could then scare you with zombies while you're not looking.

And when you're looking up, here a scuttling, look down at the controller to see things around your feet.

Out of the entire conference, this is the game that interested me the most. Which is sort of sad in a way.

cacildo

The Red Steel curse is something that really worries me about this game.

But things now are a little bit different than when the Wii was released.

I mean, after 6 years making X360 and PS3 games, i think Ubisoft might know how to make a current gen game.

zroid

Banned
I am definitely not one to get excited for a Zombie game, but the concept behind this intrigues me. Perma-death, then control a different character (with presumably unique talents?) each time you die.

Still a lot I need to understand about it, but as an adamant Zombie-game skeptic, it's piqued my interest.

Thanks for the link, sounding better and better

(I also didn't know until five minutes ago that it's actually a reboot: Ubisoft's first ever published game was called Zombi, and was released for the Spectrum and Amstrad in 1986.)

Whoa!

Honestly, most of what's intrigued me about this game could be on any system, but the real time inventory management looked good.

likeGdid

Premise is very interesting. Still, though it would be nice to have Wii-mote aiming as an option. (Possibly using the pad as well, although I'm not quite sure how comfortable that would be)

Top Bottom