• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

neoGAF, a plea for help: please read

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gadfly

While flying into a tree he exclaimed "Egad!"
Sounds like the person deserved the ban...

I don't know about that. But I have to give him credit for his reaction not being affected by who is suffering. I wish more people would do the same and at grander scale.

Pre-post edit: deleted the controversial paragraph in order to avoid derailing the tread.

sflufan

Banned
I've also linked this thread and the donation page to another community that I belong to (DayOnePatch.com) as we have quite a number of members in common.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
paypal said it's going to take 2-3 days to confirm her banking information, so I guess we have to wait for that to go through before we get that up for GiveForward. So bare with me EuropeGAF.

Just quoting this for peeps who just saw this thread, like me. Be sure to update the thread as soon as the Paypal option goes online.

soepje

I don't know about that. But I have to give him credit for his reaction not being affected by who is suffering. I wish more people would do the same and at grander scale.

Pre-post edit: deleted the controversial paragraph in order to avoid derailing the tread.
I don´t know what your pre-post idea was, and i do not wish to derail either. But i could read thru that comment allright up to the 'give her a kidney', which is just incredibly offensive since it does not seem to be an option here.

Edit: Maybe i took it wrong, maybe the person actually meant it well. The first time i read the comment i thought it was poisonous, could be it was just badly worded.

Az

I was actually rushing back from the gym to see where we are at. Put a nice smile on my face. GAF <3

Edit: I believe a small post over on the Gaming side would do wonders, as the majority over there doesn't even bother with OT.

Amir0x

Banned
I've also linked this thread and the donation page to another community that I belong to (DayOnePatch.com) as we have quite a number of members in common.

Thank you, just read the topic in question. That's really amazing of you. And re: those who don't like me personally but still donated, that's really big of you guys. I'm happy you didn't let our personal squabbles effect my mother, who really is an amazing person. I hope to introduce you guys to her in a video shortly, she is just sleeping at the moment but when she gets up and feels ready she is going to make some comments to explain what this all means to her :)

soepje said:
But i could read thru that comment allright up to the 'give her a kidney', which is just incredibly offensive since it does not seem to be an option here.

Yeah, unfortunately it's not an option. Because of the nature of my mom's illnesses, they won't put her on a waiting list because they feel her new kidney would end up failing in short order again. This dialysis @ home is the best chance she has at some quality of life. During the dialysis @ home training week, she finally had energy again... some real ability to do things. It was amazing just to see her like that. We want to achieve this for her as well as help her afford her vast medical expenses to relieve some stress, if it's the only thing we end up doing.

Digishine

Banned
And all this is just from creditcard gaf.. I´m from Europe, creditcards ain´t as common here. When the paypal comes i´ll donate, and for some reason i think a lot of other Euro´s will be doing the same..

Hope your mom and dad won´t have to worry about the financial side of it soon.

Hmm I'm from Europe and cc are common. Only in Holland and belgium they aren't quite that common.

Still I'm happy to see where already at 5000$ :D

I gave what I could.

Went through almost the same situation with my dad right after my mom passed.

Good luck and stay strong.

Edit: Posted to FB too.

Best wishes to you and your family. She has a big bright smile despite everything she has gone/is going through. Lot's of love out here today. Thanks for the virtual high five! :p

Amagon

I'm unemployed for the moment but I threw a tenner so your kickass Mom could get better. I'm more than happy to help!

:D

Nert

I just contacted Giantbomb (through email and Formspring) in an effort to get them to cover this story, and I plan on donating soon. It's really impressive to see how much has been raised already, but this is just the beginning. I wish you and your family the best, Amir0x.

The Boat

As soon as PayPal is up and running and I have some money in my account I will donate, I'll also spread the word. Stay strong!

Rapstah

I just contacted Giant Bomb (through email and Formspring) in an effort to get Giantbomb to cover this story, and I plan on donating soon. It's really impressive to see how much has been raised already, but this is just the beginning. I wish you and your family the best, Amir0x.

This post would be really outdated by the updated quote.

Pookmunki

Will gladly pop some cash into this on payday, my mum beat breast cancer a year ago so know all too well the stresses illness can bring on family. We are fortunate to live in the UK so don't face a lot of the problems you face.

Keep the momentum going and best of luck.

Fjordson

The big sushi dinner me and my wife were planning on tonight suddenly seems so unneeded.

Subway and a donation sounds much better.

Good lucki, Ami (from me and the wife). Tell your mom to keep on keepin' on.

This is where I got the link, thanks for that sflufan. Best of luck to you Amirox, I donated what I could.

T-Matt

My girlfriend has been on the kidney waiting list for a couple years now. She does peritoneal dialysis at home and it freaks her out to even think about having to do hemodialysis again. I know how terrible it can be so hopefully your mom will be able to get home dialysis now. Donating what I can.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Hey mate, send me a PM as soon as paypal is up. I'm afraid I might forget otherwise. You've got my word, just message me ok?

Ciao, good luck and keep hanging on man.

Biff

This thread makes me proud to be a GAF member. From Evilore's unreal generosity to everyone pitching in even if they are short-cashed themself...

Awesome stuff guys. We get in fights all the time but when it really counts we're here to help as a community.

Except for when we're pestered for Facebook likes, lol. This is the real deal and we're coming through.

Best wishes to you and your family amirox, right now I don't have a cc but I will ask my brother for his, I'll try to get funds on it asap so I can humbly chip in some valuable pesos your way.

Rikkun

Ami I remember you being sad and angry about your mom's condition etc.. I'll donate what I can when paypal will be ready.

Also, your medical system sucks, big time. Sorry.

PS: props to FacebookGAF for posting a link to this and making me notice, gg Caroline.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
We've had our differences Ami, but I sincerely wish you and your mom the best. I'll get some extra prayers sent your way. Good luck man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom