• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Fantasy Football (The Degenerate League)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bishman

i3Fd47h.png

Divisions:

wuvIs9s.jpg

Draft grades according to Yahoo:

YtXne7u.jpg

Team Name Gaf Name
Heywood Jablome - Dr. Horrible
Foxhound - Bishman
the blue oyster - Idrinkalone
Ego Melior Sum Tibi - BaltimoreLarry
The Butt Fumblers - Shagwell
UK Fins - Spades
Marshawngo Unchained - The Int3rsect
Free Hernandez - minx88
The Seaward - Mrs.BobLobLaw
Fantomsexies - Fantomex
PK Boosters - Fep
employed by M$ - yankeehater
Platinum Status - Sangreal06
Inebriated - Chan Huk

Yahoo vegas odds (08.18.13):

UK Fins: 11-2
The Seaward: 10-3
Heywood Jablome: 9-4
Inebriated: 9-4
PK Boosters: 8-5
employed by M$: 7-6
Free Hernandez: 7-6
Ego Melior Sum Tibi: 6-7
Fantomsexies: 6-7
Platinum Status: 5-8
Foxhound: 4-9
the blue oyster: 4-9
Marshawngo Unchained: 3-10
The Butt Fumblers: 2-10

Bishman's draft ranking:

1. Heywood Jablome
2. Foxhound
3. the blue oyster
4. Ego Melior Sum Tibi
5. The Butt Fumblers
6. UK Fins
7. Marshawngo Unchained
8. Free Hernandez
9. The Seaward
10. Fantomsexies
11. PK Boosters
12. employed by M$
13. Platinum Status
14. Inebriated

http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/league/gaf_degenerate

Fantomex

Odd love to expand to 14 or 16
TrentTruck!

Good Thread! What's Odd Love BG? I know some people love NFL.COM and Some Yahoo. I really don't care either way :)

I also think PPR is a good thing, because it really gives teams a chance who didn't pick 2 running backs right away to have a chance to be good if the pick last in the first round.

The feedback I got seems to agree with a $5 or $10 dollar wager, I think it would keep it fun and I can get us a Trophy to go with it! The winner at the end of the year gets an awesome little trophy to commemorate.

Elluin should be first on the waitlist because I totally skipped him when he asked.

Bishman

The reason I initial wanted a 16 team league is for a bigger pot. This is what I was thinking. We could alter a few things if we stick with 12 or expand to 14 teams.

16 team PPR - $50 entry fee

Regular Payouts: League Champ: $280
2nd place: $136
3rd place: $48
4 division winners @ $50 each
Most points scored regular season: $52
Weekly high score (Weeks 1-14): $6 each week

Incentives for everyone. What do you think?

The reason I initial wanted a 16 team league is for a bigger pot. This is what I was thinking. We could alter a few things if we stick with 12 or expand to 14 teams.

16 team PPR - $50 entry fee

Regular Payouts: League Champ: $280
2nd place: $136
3rd place: $48
4 division winners @ $50 each
Most points scored regular season: $52
Weekly high score (Weeks 1-14): $6 each week

Incentives for everyone. What do you think?
I like all of that.

Fantomex

I vote for $10 yall. Winner gets 80, second prize 20. And we can purchase a trophy with the rest. You also gotta think that a lot of college kids play, and I remember being broke as hell during college.

I know myself, Yankee, Yankees Wife, Chan and Spades would do $10 no problem.

Bishman

$25? I understand that $50 is high but I think $25 is doable. You will have till the draft to save your pennies and dollars. Lol. The main reason to increase the pot is more incentives for everyone to play until the very end of the season.

It sucks when people give up once they realize they won't win the championship.

$10 = $120 - $20 (for trophy) = $100 @ 12 teams
$10 = $140 - $20 (for trophy) = $120 @ 14 teams

$25 = $300 - $20 = $280 @ 12 teams
$25 = $350 - $20 = $320 @14 teams
$25 = $400 - $20 = $380 @ 16 teams

Example with 16 teams @ $25:

Trophy fee: $20
Regular Payouts: League Champ: $130
2nd place: $62
3rd place: $22
4 division winners @ $23 each
Most points scored regular season: $26
Weekly high score (Weeks 1-14): $2 each week

Shagwell

Alright sweet! I'm in. The butt fumblers are ready to go

Only just noticed this is a PPR league. Well fuck. Time to do me some learnin' I reckon

Bishman

Alright sweet! I'm in. The butt fumblers are ready to go

Only just noticed this is a PPR league. Well fuck. Time to do me some learnin' I reckon

1. Make sure any cheat sheet / rankings list you use is PPR. There is a slight difference in the rankings.
  2. In many leagues, quarterbacks and running backs are the most valuable players. PPR improves the value of running backs, wide receivers, and tight ends though by awarding a point for every reception that a player has. This rewards players who catch a lot of passes and can make possession receivers and third-down backs more valuable to your league.

Shagwell

Rankings are for pussies.

Don't be a rankings slave

EDIT: Is this the kind of thread we should have moved to Community? I think that's where the other fantasy football league thread is at as well. Once all the banter and fantasy talk kicks in this puppy should be busy.

Bishman

So are we doing 25$?

I'm probably going to end up last but it'll be a good learning experience

$25 is the buy in.

The first time I participated in fantasy football was a 16 team league like this. I ended up in 3rd place. It is a good learning experience. My advice is to make sure you have a good draft. It is hard to overcome a bad draft in a 16 team league.

I'm actually going to drop out so someone on the waitlist can have my spot. Sorry fellas

Cool cool. LQX is in now.

Since we'll have a larger league I think we should all have a budget to bid on waivers, say like $100 dollars for the whole season. We do this in my other 16 teamer, works pretty well. Just a suggestion, I'm fine with regular waivers though too.

fep

Oh man was this the second league that was supposed to be created from the other thread?

Wait list please!

Fantomex

The onlly thing I'm super adamant about, is that the first team to pick should be the last team on the first batch of waivers.

Ya'll gone get it from the HAND ME DOWNS!

The onlly thing I'm super adamant about, is that the first team to pick should be the last team on the first batch of waivers.

Ya'll gone get it from the HAND ME DOWNS!
I think that is the way every league I have been in worked. I hope that is how this league is.

ChanHuk

Banned
Congrats to Fantomessican on his new parasite, too bad now he can't afford the $25 to maintain the league. Damn poors.

Bishman

After Wednesday night, if you have not joined the league - I will send invites to people on the waitlist. Please join the league asap so we can get the ball rolling.

Bishman

Since we'll have a larger league I think we should all have a budget to bid on waivers, say like $100 dollars for the whole season. We do this in my other 16 teamer, works pretty well. Just a suggestion, I'm fine with regular waivers though too.

I actually like this. It was brought up in my other league that is a 16-team too.

BTW, I'm tired of waiting for people to accept invites. I will send invites to everyone on the waitlist. After Wednesday, the league will be locked. If we end up with only 12 or 14 so be it. If we get 16 teams, then only way to get in is if someone drops out before draft or don't pay before deadline.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom