• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Fantasy Football (The Degenerate League)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fantomex

Week 16 finale, no more money increase. Lot of college kids here. $20 bucks feeds them for 2 weeks in most cities. (Ramen, Sausages, Rice a Roni, Gatorade). That's about all they can do.

You guys are lucky this is a 16 team league, in a 10 team league I did pretty well in my draft.

hg5uiKq.png

Bishman

Is Week 17 really that bad? I am in a 16 team league that has a week 17 championship, the better team has always won in week 17.

Fantomex

Is Week 17 really that bad? I am in a 16 team league that has a week 17 championship, the better team has always won in week 17.

Yeah week 17 is horrible, especially if you're team make up has Super Bowl contending players.

Aaron Rodgers
Drew Brees
Julio Jones
Roddy White
Kaepernick
Andre Johnson
Arian Foster
Peyton Manning

These dudes usually sit out the last game of the season if their team has a 1 or 2 seed already locked up. It happened to me last year with some Falcons players I think.

Bishman

Yeah week 17 is horrible, especially if you're team make up has Super Bowl contending players.

Aaron Rodgers
Drew Brees
Julio Jones
Roddy White
Kaepernick
Andre Johnson
Arian Foster
Peyton Manning

These dudes usually sit out the last game of the season if their team has a 1 or 2 seed already locked up. It happened to me last year with some Falcons players I think.

True true. I did have Roddy White and Kaepernick last year but had a deep bench. I'm changing it to Week 16.

Bishman

Lot of college kids here. $20 bucks feeds them for 2 weeks in most cities.

You guys are lucky this is a 16 team league, in a 10 team league I did pretty well in my draft.

hg5uiKq.png
There will be no increases. Don't worry lol.

And that is a really good draft. But it is easy to construct a good team in a 10-team league. 12+ is where it's at for competition.

Bishman

I made the mistake of overlooking BaltimoreLarry. So to make it fair, I booted the last person who joined that was on the waitlist to get him in the league. It reset the draft order and schedule.

Eleuin

Draft Order:
1. Finkle is ei...
2. count blak-ula
3. Sangreal06's...
4. The Starmen
5. Heywood Jablome
6. PK Boosters
7. The Seaward
8. Hand Me Downs
9. The Gloryholes
10. Ego Melior S...
11. The Butt Fum...
12. Bae Pls
13. UK Fins
14. employed by M$
15. Foxhound
16. Taco Mama

Draft central > Draft results

Damn I liked being 7th, now I'm 12th.

Fantomex

Draft Order:
1. Finkle is ei...
2. count blak-ula
3. Sangreal06's...
4. The Starmen
5. Heywood Jablome
6. PK Boosters
7. The Seaward
8. Hand Me Downs
9. The Gloryholes
10. Ego Melior S...
11. The Butt Fum...
12. Bae Pls
13. UK Fins
14. employed by M$
15. Foxhound
16. Taco Mama

Draft central > Draft results

Damn I liked being 7th, now I'm 12th.

But in the second round you're like the 4th pick!

Bishman

What does everyone think of their divisions? You play everyone in your division twice, so it will be interesting later down the road for seeding purposes.

Spades

If people don't pay by the deadline I am out.

Have a problem. I can't pay using e-check as UK bank details are different from the US. Can we open up the credit/debit card payments?

Alternatively I can pay someone using PayPal and they could make the payment for me?

Have a problem. I can't pay using e-check as UK bank details are different from the US. Can we open up the credit/debit card payments?

Alternatively I can pay someone using PayPal and they could make the payment for me?
I would be happy to help you out. I can pm you my PayPal details.

Shagwell

It'd make my life a lot easier too if it was possible to open up the debit/credit-card payments. Is there any chance? If not I'll get onto the e-check in the next couple of days.

I think he chose e checks because they are free. With debit/credit cards there's a 3% charge. I never used league safe so I know nothing about it. What happens if some people don't pay? Hopefully the commish is on top of it cause the draft is in a couple weeks.

sangreal

I imagine if someone doesn't pay they'll be booted for someone on the waitlist, but the due date is draft day so that could be a problem. I haven't paid up, but only because I wanted to settle on a name first

Bishman

If people don't pay by the deadline I am out.

I'm on it. Hopefully people have saved money and pay before the deadline.

I get paid on the 14th and then ny wife and I will pay. I hope that is okay.

Yep, that is cool.

It'd make my life a lot easier too if it was possible to open up the debit/credit-card payments. Is there any chance? If not I'll get onto the e-check in the next couple of days.

I chose the e-check because it is free. If people are having problems, I can switch to debit / credit-card payments.

I imagine if someone doesn't pay they'll be booted for someone on the waitlist, but the due date is draft day so that could be a problem. I haven't paid up, but only because I wanted to settle on a name first

That is why the deadline is 2 days before the draft.

sangreal

That is why the deadline is 2 days before the draft.

That works, but FYI I didn't pull it out of my ass:

[2.1 League Fee]

The TDL league fee for the 2013 season will be $25 from each owner. This fee consists of $25 entry fee. It will also cover the trophy for the winner at the end of the season. This fee is due on or before the draft.

Shagwell

I chose the e-check because it is free. If people are having problems, I can switch to debit / credit-card payments.

Does whatever you choose have to be standard for everyone? Would it be possible for the people with e-check to sort it out first and then switch it for us folks remaining that'd use cards?

I can try to figure shit out if it complicates it too much for everyone. I'm glad we're getting on it early enough.

Bishman

What is the fee for debit cards? I don't mind paying a little more if it is a few percent?

From the Leaguesafe site:

PAYMENTS

E-check: FREE

Balance Transfer (i.e. paying with previous winnings): FREE

Credit Card: 3% of the transaction amount

WITHDRAWALS

Paper check (standard): $1.50

Paper check (expedited): $7.00

E-check: $5.00

That works, but FYI I didn't pull it out of my ass:

I know. Follow the deadline on Leaguesafe. And anyone on the wait list or wants to join the league - have your $25 ready to pay immediately in the event someone drops out or doesn't pay.

Does whatever you choose have to be standard for everyone? Would it be possible for the people with e-check to sort it out first and then switch it for us folks remaining that'd use cards?

I can try to figure shit out if it complicates it too much for everyone. I'm glad we're getting on it early enough.

I'm contacting Leaguesafe about the issue. I will let you guys know.

Shagwell

On another note (and please feel free to disagree) but I've been doing some reading and the general consensus seems to be that 1.0 PPR is way too much and shifts the parity between RBs and WRs completely. 0.5 PPR seems to make things a lot more balanced.

What do you folks think?

Bishman

On another note (and please feel free to disagree) but I've been doing some reading and the general consensus seems to be that 1.0 PPR is way too much and shifts the parity between RBs and WRs completely. 0.5 PPR seems to make things a lot more balanced.

What do you folks think?

Non PPR leads to too much focus on RBs in the early rounds. PPR boosts WRs / TEs to be relevant.

I think he's just saying instead of 1pt per reception to make it .5 per reception. My other 14 team league is doing .5 per reception. It doesn't matter to me. Either way I'm excited.

Figured this would be a good place to get some feedback on my upcoming fantasy draft strategy. I've done plenty of mock drafts and a number of regular drafts, but this weekend I'm drafting for a league with old college friends so I care about it more. Here's my tentative strategy in rounds 1-7. Feedback is appreciated. 12 team ESPN league, snake draft.

1. Any of the top tier RBs. If I get a pick at the end (say 11 or 12, maybe I go Rodgers, but I'm pretty confident I need a RB if I pick in the first round and grabbing a QB is unnecessary)

2. Top RB left, or WR (Marshall, Andre Johnson, White)...I see Jimmy Grahmn going in Rd 2, and I can't justify picking him there. Or can I?

3. Another RB, say Ball, or a WR..If I haven't picked a QB is Cam Newton worth a 3rd round pick?

4. If I'm still without a QB I'm grabbing Matt Ryan here.

5. Do I take a TE with this pick considering how shallow the position is? Vernon Davis maybe? Or I wait and grab another WR.

6. Gotta grab a TE by this point, or just say screw grabbing a TE and grab a nice flex in Torrey Smith, Cecil Shorts. Plan then to grab a TE somewhere around the 9th or 10th round. Like an Ed Dickson or Finley?

7. I'm big on getting the Def I want...I'll grab the Hawks defense here.

8 and beyond is a crapshoot.

Glaring questions I have: Is it worth picking a QB in the first or second round no matter who it is, or should I be looking more at the flow of draft and pick the best value pick depending on who other owners pick? Is MJD for real this year? Is David Wilson a shoe-in for starter in NY? Is Luck a poor man's Matt Ryan? Is Stafford a legit QB starter for fantasy teams, or was 2011 a fluke? Thanks for the feedback in advance.

No don't pick a qb in the first rd. Go with the flow of the draft like you said.
MJD could be the real deal. I would let someone else take that gamble though.
Wilson should be the #1. Gotta worry about Brown stealing goal lines though.
Too early to say how good luck is. If he's there in the later rd's and you need a qb, get him.
Yes, Stafford is legit.

Shagwell

I personally think 0.5 seems to strike the right balance but I won't have any qualms playing with 1.0 PPR either. I just thought it was worth discussing. Up to our brave commissioner really!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom