• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF, welcome to .webm - the FUTURE (of burning out your CPU)

nded

Doesn't load for me, and I don't think the intended use as gif replacement is 50 meg trailers inline and auto-loaded.

Plays just fine on my 9 year old Pentium laptop; you trying to watch on a tablet or something? More efficient gifs are fun, but it's certainly not the primary intended function of webm. I'm personally more excited to have found a simple way to display and share 60 fps content online without dealing with slow-ass Flash players and 30 fps limits.

Plays just fine on my 9 year old Pentium laptop; you trying to watch on a tablet or something? More efficient gifs are fun, but it's certainly not the primary intended function of webm. I'm personally more excited to have found a simple way to display and share 60 fps content online without dealing with slow-ass Flash players and 30 fps limits.
My issue is with the pomf webhost, maybe I've used it too much

Acccent

GAF, help me. Initially webms worked fine but now, some don't load. Some do, like zephervack's just above, and ActionRemix's embedded Sonic one, but others like this one http://a.pomf.se/ddrqeg.webm (the Wolf Among Us bug video) stays black and shows no sign of being functional at all. The same thing happens with webms linked on facebook or elsewhere.
I have Andrex's Chrome extension, but tried disabling it and it changes nothing (also have NeoGaf++ and Live Thread.) Anyone having the same issues?

Dead Man

So did the FF greasemonkey script stop working for anyone else? Haven't read the last 10 pages or so, catching up now, so if this is a known thing, sorry.

Edit: Never mind, problem with my FF.

fantomena

Anyone have simple guide how to create webms? Is an own video software needed to take the video?

Want to make som webms from PC games.

Applecot

I don't know why but these things are making me feel like all my 60fps games are secretly running at 15. Must be some kind of cognitive thing xD

STILL looks amazing.

It's definitely a graphical marvel. 7 years old and still looks like something you could release today.

Anyone have simple guide how to create webms? Is an own video software needed to take the video?

Want to make som webms from PC games.

Check out the first post, it should be all you need. If you want to interpolate a 30FPS video to make it 60FPS like mine above, it's quite a bit more complex.

Zero3K

I think that the admin of NeoGAF should just implement a plugin to embed them automatically without having to use an addon/userscript.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Speaking of WebP. Looking at bugzilla feature requests regarding it, it seems that Mozilla is rather against adopting it at all. The reason being that it's not good enough yet and perhaps will never be, according to mozilla devs. Kind of a lame position to have in my opinion. It wouldn't be the first time mozilla does something like that though. They also helped kill the JNG image format.

https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=600919

https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=856375

Here's a reply from the last link made last month by a mozilla dev:
Firefox has been kind of crappy for web media in general lately.

I attempted to use Skyfireblaze's .bat file, with ffmpeg, to convert some Fraps-recorded .avi gameplay to a .webm format, and the result was this:

http://a.pomf.se/xyjecy.webm

Where did I go wrong? I have a 64-bit operating system, I got the 64-bit static version of ffmpeg from Skyfireblaze's link and put it into a newly created "WebM" folder under Program Files (not the x86 program files, as instructed), answered the prompts with the hh:mm:ss timestamps (which would last about 10 seconds, if memory serves) and suggested options for the rest, but, as you can see, the webm rather doesn't exist.

Nanoman

Neo Member
Top Bottom