• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Dragon Age Inquisition trailer+Bioware discusses art/world of the game [EGX]

diamount

Banned
Kind of strange given you can customize the Warden in the Keep...why else would that be there if he/she wouldn't be in game?

Either it means sort of as in just references or he doesn't want to spoil the surprise. Anyway that helmet is just the default action hero just like the nord male warrior with the horned helmet was in most marketing.

Ridesh

Banned
Never really been able to get behind Bioware's art direction. The use of green color everywhere and the character design doesn't appeal to me at all. I'm sure the gameplay will make up for it tho....here's hoping the story won't be as atrocious as DA2

I'm expecting a story similar to DAO with ME2-level of characters and dialogue, but all more elaborated.

One of the best parts of always playing a mage (because why wouldn't you play a mage in a series where mages are such a big deal story and gameplay-wise) is that you can still balance your team out fairly well with your respective waifu. As of right now my regular party will consist of Cassandra, Dwarf bro, and whichever mage I can specialize as the healer of my party (probably Maleficent) as my guy will be a battle mage. I really wanna have Iron Bull in my party as well, but dwarf bro and I get along too well as I was a snarky dude in DA2 and will be here as well. And Cass will be my waifu.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
BypFVXEIEAAAHSY.jpg:large

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
Wow they managed to make Cole look cool, even with his stupid hat. Wonder what the story is behind that thing.

Also what time is the twitch stream? I'm assuming it's like 1pm est.

Acheteedo

Can't wait for this. Facial animations are a generation behind the likes of Second Son, which is a shame in a game like this, but I'll forgive it this time, just want me some WRPG. Bioware, you need to sort it out for ME4 though.

Can't wait for this. Facial animations are a generation behind the likes of Second Son, which is a shame in a game like this, but I'll forgive it this time, just want me some WRPG. Bioware, you need to sort it out for ME4 though.

It's a cross-gen game. Will never compare to a PS4 first party exclusive visually. Still looks amazing though.

Nice.

In terms of design:

Vivienne > Dorian > The Iron Bull > Blackwall > Solas > Cole > Varric >Cassandra > Sera

I think Sera has a great design. Tempted to roll a female Inquisitor just to have have her as a romance option. Cassandra is pretty rough, Cole is awesome. Solas looks like Nosferatu...not a compliment.

DOWN

Banned
It's different for Second Son who simply had one script and no varying faces for you during dialogue. DAI is a cross gen game with many lines for other characters and many appearances for the player character. They aren't able to capture all that or have it fit realistically on the models.

Top Bottom