• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Dragon Age Inquisition trailer+Bioware discusses art/world of the game [EGX]

I really enjoyed DA:O and I'm interested in Inquisition but I skipped DAII and have no desire to go back to it. I have a feeling this has been brought up before. How are they handling that? Is there a good resource for being brought up to speed outside of the game?

Ridesh

Banned
For those who haven't seen the versatility of the CC

Bxm1OofCQAA0GdX.jpg

BxnITuNCUAAMsUT.jpg

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Cass doesn't have any romance restrictions so Qunari away my friend.

She can't be romanced by females.

Will probably hold off on getting it until mods come out, because Sera's design is rough and I doubt Josephine will have any unique dialogue because she can be romanced from both sexes.

kd-z

Hell yes! She's shaping up to be one of the most interesting characters they've ever created.
How come? She wasn't really much of a character in DA2, was she? Did I miss something?

Anyway, man this game looks nice. I'm so glad they are going with a stylized look. DAO was freakin hideous when it came to characters and armor. I liked DA2's more cartoonish apporach much more.

Now, I don't think either of those games is great and DA2 was a massive disappointment for me, but this is shaping up to be really good. Can't wait!

She can't be romanced by females.

Will probably hold off on getting it until mods come out, because Sera's design is rough and I doubt Josephine will have any unique dialogue because she can be romanced from both sexes.
Yea sorry, I meant race/class restrictions.

How come? She wasn't really much of a character in DA2, was she? Did I miss something?
Watch Dawn of the Seeker (all about her). She's an awesome character.

Sothpaw

I wish they would just get rid of the over the shoulder camera for combat and just make it fullblown isometric. Oh well, hopefully it turns out better than the prior game. Not exactly hurting for party based rpgs these days do if it turns out to be a stinker, no loss.

Ashley?

Chargen looks like its gonna be great, but because of my OCD, I always just pick a premade face and only make minor tweaks like hair style. When I try to get into like nose depth and eye slant shaders, etc, I just go crazy.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Sneak peek of the CC!

So many options. I'm so happy we have a palette of colors to choose from this time! Really looks like they've gone all out for it.

I really hate the background in the CC screen. Looks too Mass Effect-ish, should look more Medieval.

But besides that it looks good.

ironcreed

Banned
I was going to play this on Xbox One because of EA access and all that jazz. But it was already up for pre-order on PS4, so I went ahead and bit. It should look a bit nicer on PS4 anyway.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I started to watch but when every second was all amazing again I decided I'm going to be on blackout for this one.

Grisby

I'm impressed.

BioWare CCs are usually stable but nothing to write home about.

This looks amazing.
Welp, on my second playthrough my female mc is totally getting freckles.

CC looks great, I look forward to seeing everyone's character. Could be a fun source of ugly hilarity as well.

Recommending the Dragon Age anime?

That is...questionable.
Well it's not for everybody obviously. It's a nice extra way to dive a little deeper into the Dragon Age lore, specifically of a certain character in this case, Cassandra (who's a badass).

Even then if you're not into cartoons it's even harder to recommend. I'm a big DA fan and I liked it, it's not for everyone though.

DMiz

Really impressed with that male elf, although I'm likely going to end up going with something snarkier looking - similar to the preview they have up on the Dragon Age wiki.

At the very least, the CC looks viable enough to permit you to get pretty finicky on the face. I'm all for it, especially if the game is as replayable as they're having us believe with respect to some of the bigger choices.

AU Tiger

MAN.... I really hope that we see this and witcher 3 in a knock out/drag out competition.

I want this game to be so good soo badly after DA2 broke my heart.

I have no idea how to feel about this game. Everything I see looks soooooo good, but then I remember my time trying to play the previous DA games and how I was never able to get into them. Maybe I'll go back and dig out my copy of the first game, and if I'm able to get into it a little I'll pick Inquisition up.

Renekton

MAN.... I really hope that we see this and witcher 3 in a knock out/drag out competition.

Pretty sure Witcher 3 will be fighting Bloodborne at that point.

No contest, Miyazaki wins

BouncyFrag

I demand banter and companion discussions about Dorian's mustache. I also want him and Varric to make a bet where Dorian loosing the stash or Varric loosing the chest-hair are the stakes. Having the bet made during the endgame sequence vs the Big Bad would be ideal.

Still not watching vids (dat media blackout) but I trust it looks great.

If you are into dragons age its very good. If you are not...its ok.

I'll just disagree there.

I enjoy Dragon Age lore as much as any Dragon Age fan but that anime was hot garbage. The quality of the actual visuals was not very good and the whole presentation was just mediocre. You're better off just reading a summary if you're starved for the plot info that it had.

RedSwirl

You've got a three-month gap between the games. But I guess you could compare sales by week after release if you want.

Even then, DAI is probably still gonna sell more copies. It's probably getting a bigger advertising campaign on the part of EA, and it's being released on five platforms to TW3's three. TW3 might get a better critical reception depending on how things go.

Ridesh

Banned

All I want is to see more RPGs with this level of production values, so both DA:I and Witcher 3 need to be more than good and sell well.

But yeah, Inquisition has a pretty difficult work for that, even if the game ends up being legitimately great it will receive a lot of irrational hate and negative word-of-mouth, a significant part of the internet already decided to not forgive BioWare.

Renekton

You've got a three-month gap between the games. But I guess you could compare sales by week after release if you want.

Even then, DAI is probably still gonna sell more copies. It's probably getting a bigger advertising campaign on the part of EA, and it's being released on five platforms to TW3's three. TW3 might get a better critical reception depending on how things go.
I think Witcher has bigger mindshare than Dragon Age at the moment >.<

Kenaras

Has there been any word on whether any hand-modeled default Inquisitor(s) will be included, similar to default Shepard/Hawke? Playing around with character creators isn't really my thing, and I prefer a quality default option when one is available.

Squire

Banned
Has there been any word on whether any hand-modeled default Inquisitor(s) will be included, similar to default Shepard/Hawke? Playing around with character creators isn't really my thing, and I prefer a quality default option when one is available.

There should be presets, but you can tell there's no model equivalent to Mass Effect from looking at the marketing materials.

Ridesh

Banned

inquisitor_01_wm.jpg

Dragon-Age-Inquisition-Male-Inquisitor-Conversation.jpg

Top Bottom