• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Halo 5 info dump

jelly

H5-Guardians-Locke-Hero-Huntsman.jpg

Return of the Halo 4 fingers!

halo-4-master-chief-1-1024x576.jpg

I remember it from Halo 3.

93sAawB.jpg

Detective

Why upgrade to new Hardware it better graphics is not needed?

Graphics are needed sure. But I would rather play a game than watch a game for the most part.

To me graphics mean: Better and bigger levels, better AI, Scale, environment, Sandbox, Sound, length, 60fps, Etc.

Not only good looking main character or corridor levels.

Akai__

I think the final release is 1080p...

Because H2A campaign was 1328*1080p @60FPS and Halo 5 looks easily better in terms of IQ. Would be nice, but I doubt it will be real 1080p.

OMG the Noble Armor looks amazing! Already loved Carters Armor in Reach
96655b3cbd16625bd1656b83f0eaae56.jpg

That Hexagon visor.

Also, what's up with those silly watermarks? Putting HaloOrbit's over RUL's? Wished people would just stop putting any watermarks on those pictures. It's not like they are yours anyway. Just my 2 cents.

Graphics are needed sure. But I would rather play a game than watch the game for the most part.

To me graphics mean: Better and bigger levels, better AI, Scale, environment, Sandbox, Sound, length Etc. Not only the main character or corridor levels.

aka better graphics and tech.

So?

And expecting a bit better than H4 isnt wrong. Xbone Hardware is probably a issue.

I will be happy if the maps are massive etc.

But we have to wait until monday i guess.

Also, what's up with those silly watermarks? Putting HaloOrbit's over RUL's? Wished people would just stop putting any watermarks on those pictures. It's not like they are yours anyway. Just my 2 cents.

Yup its pathetic

Because H2A campaign was 1328*1080p @60FPS and Halo 5 looks easily better in terms of IQ. Would be nice, but I doubt it will be real 1080p.

Dont get fooled by downsampled screenshots :p The old Beta is a better indication. I hope they eliminated that Aliasing and got to 900p at least.

Majanew

Banned
Graphics are needed sure. But I would rather play a game than watch the game for the most part.

To me graphics mean: Better and bigger levels, better AI, Scale, environment, Sandbox, Sound, length Etc. Not only the main character or corridor levels.

Well you are watching the game as you're playing it. :p

And I agree with the second part, except... sound? That's why I'm excited to see the SP gameplay at E3. I'm hoping for a lot of shit on screen with physics and particles all over the place.

jelly

I'll take bigger scale and a better sandbox with fun ideas any day over better graphics. Halo 4 made the mistake of going for eye candy among other things.

They need to vastly improve crawlers, watchers etc. and those similar Promethean weapons, they suck. Take them out if you can't.

I'll honestly be surprised if Halo 5 ends up being 1920x1080. If 343 can't hit it, I'd rather they try for something like 13**x1080 over 1600x900. H2A actually looks pretty good at its sub 1080p resolution.

Halo 2 sub 1080p reason:

"the campaign portion of Halo 2 Anniversary doesn't actually operate at a native 1080p which is no doubt the result of running two rendering engines simultaneously. "

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2014-halo-2-anniversary-tech-analysis

Halo 5 has only one rendering engines, i think the 1080p is not impossible.

Why?

The Halo 5 beta was 720p/60FPS.

Digital Foundry

I think the final release is 1080p...

Resolution is the only thing they haven't committed on, and I doubt they'd commit so hard to 60fps for this release if it meant being 720p, when everyone was perfectly ok that the previous iterations were 30fps. So I'm betting it's more likely to be around 900p.

Detective

Well you are watching the game as you're playing it. :p

And I agree with the second part, except... sound? That's why I'm excited to see the SP gameplay at E3. I'm hoping for a lot of shit on screen with physics and particles all over the place.

You got me there :D Am sure you know what I mean though :p

Physics yeah, That I forgot :)

Can't wait ;)

I'll take bigger scale and a better sandbox with fun ideas any day over better graphics. Halo 4 made the mistake of going for eye candy among other things.

They need to vastly improve crawlers, watchers etc. and those similar Promethean weapons, they suck. Take them out if you can't.

Yeah, what we've heard makes the game sound far bigger than 4, that plus it being 60fps makes it easy to figure out why it looks like it does. That being said I wish they could have at least gotten more realistic materials, nothing really looks very "real", I've been spoiled by games with outstanding PBR.

watership

Love that the smooth under armour is back. Chief is looking great.

They really nailed the Chief's design for 5. Pet peeve, and I loved the fidelity of Halo 4, but MC's under armour was distracting and in some places it looked like he was wearing odd bulky plates. I prefer the armour to be more balanced in proportion, at least from an artistic standpoint.

jelly

Tanaka looks annyoing. I can instantly hear egg heads and such coming out her mouth like Palmer. Maybe we're not suppose to like them, who knows. I hope the characters are good.

Tanaka looks annyoing. I can instantly hear egg heads and such coming out her mouth like Palmer. Maybe we're not suppose to like them, who knows. I hope the characters are good.

Not sure how you get that from her look at all. Not to mention her depiction in Escalation is absolutely nothing like that or anything like Palmer.

Halo 2 sub 1080p reason:

"the campaign portion of Halo 2 Anniversary doesn't actually operate at a native 1080p which is no doubt the result of running two rendering engines simultaneously. "

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2014-halo-2-anniversary-tech-analysis

Halo 5 has only one rendering engines, i think the 1080p is not impossible.

Yes it is.

Especially with the XboxOne.

They already had to cut Resolution for a Remaster. Massive Scale games like Battlefield always run at a low resolution. CoD still wont hit 1080p etc etc... sry but it wont happen.

Give me 900p or that H2A solution. But no 720p please-

But enough of that tech talk ;)

Noobcraft

Yes it is.

They already had to cut Resolution for a Remaster. Massive Scale games like Battlefield always run at a low resolution. CoD still wont hit 1080p etc etc... sry but it wont happen.

H2A MP is full 1080p.
Halo 4 is full 1080p.

Only H2A campaign is less and that's because it's rendering two images simultaneously.

Yes it is.

How many games are 720p for the XB1 in this year? there is no way Halo 5 is 720. And for your information the H2A runs multiple graphic motors

H2A MP is full 1080p.
Halo 4 is full 1080p.

Only H2A campaign is less and that's because it's rendering two images simultaneously.

Lol this is your argument? Really? a 360 game and a multiplayer that is based of the h4 engine aka 360? And H2A struggles a lot with with framerate.

Sry buddy, not going to happen.

How many games are 720p for the XB1 in this year? there is no way Halo 5 is 720. And for your information the H2A runs multiple graphic motors

Do you really think that i dont know that? Still doest change the fact that XboxOne struggles a lot. I havent said that there will be 720p games this year. (Who knows maybe Battlefront again)

And until 343 says that they bumped the resolution i wont believe in 1080p or so.

jem0208

Yes it is.

It certainly isn't impossible. Just not likely with the level of fidelity they'd like elsewhere.

Yes it is.

Ok-ok. :D 900p-1080p: It does not matter. :) I wanna play with the game...(Mid-october: where are you? :( )

Yes it is.

So you're saying that 1080p is impossible on Xbox One?

ROFL

VeeP

Because it's a video game and the first thing you see is the visuals. This is a new generation of hardware, so many expect a jump in visuals. Halo 5 at 60fps and >720p is going to eat into some of XB1's extra power over 360, but there's still room for improvement. I won't know if that means more shit happening on screen until I see some gameplay. Going by these screens, they look very much like they're from Halo 4. Sure, I can see some improvements in these screens, but it's very small and there's still some low res textures on some parts of the armor.

Halo 4 is a good looking game, but for it to look like it did 343i sacrificed a lot of things seen in previous Halo games.

In Halo 3 and Reach we see some massive open environments, Halo 4 really didn't have that. For the most part it was a corridor shooter.

In previous games we see a gorgeous 3D skybox. Seriously, Google Halo Skybox. You'll see some beautiful pictures. In Halo 4 343 used a 2D cutout as a backdrop on levels.

Halo 4 probably had the worst water physics in the 360 franchise.

HDR is gone (compared to Halo 3s/4s)

Framerate drops

Outrun

You do realise that is one of the main reasons people even buy new consoles or graphics cards right?

Personally I think it'll look good, in some instances very good, but won't end up being a graphics champion or showcase piece the way Halo (4) was on the 360. The latter will likely fall to games like Gears of War and Quantum Break. Such is the sacrifice of 60fps, which even now I wish they hadn't targeted.

I am not dismissing nice graphics. I place primacy on gameplay and fun, then graphics.

This idea that the graphics on Halo 4 is just slightly inferior to what we will get for Halo 5 is unsubstantiated and really should stop.

-The sample size of material is small as of today.

Anyways, lets wait until E3 then the fur can fly :)

This screenshot really encapsulates the game's graphical issues perfectly.
Everything is highpoly and relatively detailed, but none of the materials look like anything.

EDIT:
Holy shit, the grunts faces look hilariously ugly
GRUNT-JACKAL.png

GRUNT.png

I mean it's great that they have them shells on their arms again, but they basically took the bad Halo 4 heads and made them look hilarious.
Just give me the Reach head please..

So, Didact confirmed to be coming back? It wouldn't be a surprise but I was kinda hoping they would save him for Halo 6 and Jul to be the main bad guy in Halo 5.

I hope not. Halo: Escalation spoiler:
Blue Team killed him again supposedly for good. It would be weird if he showed up a third time.

So it just a few YouTube channels who have seen stuff? It's a bit unclear.
Will hopefully take a proper look at the stuff this evening, a greater breakdown of how the Prometheans are looking.

Are they automated defence foes, or are they being led by the composed Didact? Is that interesting? Kind of an odd villain, but potentially a more personal one?
I am sure, the campaign is great. (BTW, I get the game for free, becuse i write a review about Halo 5. :) )
Forerunner symbol as avatar, already sure campaign is great without having touched or seen it.

I look forward to your review.

Akai__

I hope not. Halo: Escalation spoiler:
Blue Team killed him again supposedly for good. It would be weird if he showed up a third time.

He got composed, so we don't know what that actually means for him. Composed humans are Promethean Knights for example.

Top Bottom