• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New NIS (Japan) Countdown Site

AESplusF

Wow that didn't last long...

It's not necessarily a remaster though...actually seeing as the title is identical it has to be

AniHawk

Anihawk, rumours of NIS' demise have been around a lot longer than that.

i guess, but they really flared up something fierce in the last year. i think nisa no longer working with idea factory and only kinda-sorta working with gust (two limited editions) may have colored perception that way too.

Macrotus

NIS web designers don't seem to get paid either:

http://nippon1.jp/consumer/new_title/flash/main.swf
xod7kpO.png

http://blog.hokanko-alt.com/archives/44305001.html

Witch and the Hundred Knight Revival

Well that was fast lol

I'm going to go with remake, but I dunno.

I was interested in the first title but I never got it, might check it out this time.
A remake would be fine too. Would be a great way to iron out any major flaws the game might have =X (if it has them)

because they're actively trying to make something other than disgaea a success and so far this is pretty much it.

firefly diary too kinda maybe.
Yeah, and Action Games/Action-RPGs are much more popular these days than SRPGs.

Muzicfreq

Banned
A remake would be fine too. Would be a great way to iron out any major flaws the game might have =X (if it has them)

Yeah, and Action Games/Action-RPGs are much more popular these days than SRPGs.

That's because SRPGs usually have super grindy gameplay that gets dull and boring after the millionth run on 1 map. They're fun as mobile games if you're on the go imho but when I sit down to play a game for the next 2-4 hours I don't want to be looking at the same thing that whole time.

That's just me though.

That's because SRPGs usually have super grindy gameplay that gets dull and boring after the millionth run on 1 map. They're fun as mobile games if you're on the go imho but when I sit down to play a game for the next 2-4 hours I don't want to be looking at the same thing that whole time.

That's just me though.

When I play games like Disgaea I spend more time in the Item Worlds and stuff than just doing the same story map over and over again.

Disgaea is the only SRPG that I can actually play...

Vanguard

Personally I hope this is a sequel rather than a re-release, I enjoyed the first (except for it crashing at times... And corrupting my ps3 HDD that one time) and I want to support them but I don't really want to double dip either. I'm so conflicted.

I can't see this being for PS4. No Japanese devs seem to have jumped onto the PS3 -> PS4 Remastering boat, aside from Squeenix/Capcom doing it with their western-developed games (plus FFX).

I've always thought they'd port this to Vita as they were doing with their Disgaeas, so I kinda hope it's that. I'd like to play this game and Vita is currently my most played platform.

No hope for it being a sequel on PS4 though? I don't know whether "Revival" is a common subtitle used to remakes or not.

Ravage

Hope it's a sequel instead of an upsized port. Always felt that the original had promise (aesthetics & concept wise), but the gameplay needs an overhaul Neptunia Re;Birth style.

koutoru

Personally, I'm thinking this is for PS4.

NIS has made comments about how they didn't want to sacrifice the visual quality and how they worked on reducing load times. It seems that overall they wanted this game to be more of a seamless open world type game.
This would be easier to recreate on PS4 than on Vita. This is just me guessing though.

No idea if this is a remake or sequel though.

Qvoth

did this even sell well?
only thing i remember about the game is i heard the main character is very evil for killing her mother or something like that

Eolz

I'm ok with this being the Witch & the hundred knight, whether it's on vita or ps4.
I felt that this had potential and that some not too big fixes could manage to make it a good and fun game.

The universe and characters were the best they created since Disgaea 2 imo.

Sandfox

I'm guessing this is a Vita port.

i guess, but they really flared up something fierce in the last year. i think nisa no longer working with idea factory and only kinda-sorta working with gust (two limited editions) may have colored perception that way too.

Haven't they also been losing talent?

Kudo

Played the original to like chapter 6 and enjoyed it, combat could use some refinement and the kcal system could go.
Hoping for sequel but if it is remake of the original with improvements will buy it too.

I thought the first game was fine, I did run past enemies to get to story asap tho but I still enjoyed it. I had to stop playing because of the hard crashes to XMB.. f that crap... I want to finish the story so maybe I'll do that with this

May16

Wasn't that Disgaea 5?
NIS themselves said Vita couldn't run Disgaea 5.
(But with the PS4 version's low sales, maybe a De-mastered version with lower resolution and way way fewer characters on screen could happen?)

This "revival" will be on PS4 as well. NIS is more interested in dollars (and Euros and pounds) than yen at this point, and Vita isn't where you find the dollars.

Now just curious to see if it's a remaster or a sequel.

This would be easier to recreate on PS4 than on Vita. This is just me guessing though.

If it's a sequel, then yeah, absolutely. If it's a port, though, they're not going to get all of those things just from choosing PS4 over Vita (they'd have to pretty much redesign the game).

HGH

Banned
It could very much be a sequel. The Revival subtitle isn't so weird considering the plot of the first game.
Metallia dies at the end but it's implied she'll eventually come back to life after a looong time.
Man did people overreact at some of the plot in the first game though, it was hilarious. I'd be ok with a sequel just to hear people complain again. Gameplay was pretty crap and deserved the hate by comparison.
Also if NIS are relying so much on western sales they better tell NISA to ship something with a gamebreaking critical bug and then never patch it, despite people on Gamefaqs finding the problem and pointing it out.

I don't follow...
Haven't they also been losing talent?
Specifically the director who made ZHP and Disgaea 4 along with his team are the ones who left for IdeaFactory and are basically making a game that's very much in the vein of Disgaea and ZHP.

Tohsaka

Hope it's a sequel and not a port/remaster. I liked the game, but I already got the platinum trophy and it was fairly long so I have no desire to replay it.

What, seriously? ZHP is so amazing I would take even a spiritual sequel.

I don't know too much about either but from what I heard, it's done by some of the same people and has a similar idea. Not sure how similar it is beyond that, but it seems interesting.

AwShucks

Specifically the director who made ZHP and Disgaea 4 along with his team are the ones who left for IdeaFactory and are basically making a game that's very much in the vein of Disgaea and ZHP.

Wait what?!?!?! Disgaea 4 was my favorite since the first one. And ZHP is amazing. This thread is full of WTF news I somehow didn't know.

EDIT: Also that The Guided Fare Paradox is literally considered a spiritual successor to ZHP. Guess I know what I'll be playing.

cj_iwakura

I take cutting ties with IF as a sign of progress.

I'm guessing this is one of their portable updates, similar to the Disgaea psp/vita games and La Pucelle Ragnarok. I'd also guess it's something for the vita, but PS4 is possible too. Either way, I only ever watched cutscenes of the first on youtube, so I'd like to get a chance to play this.

Eolz

I feel that they wouldn't tease it as a new title if it was just a remaster. Could be wrong though.

I still don't see the point of remastering for PS4. I know it ran poorly but I feel the NIS crowd aren't particularly bothered about that kind of thing anyway, and they'd just be moving from one home console to another with significantly less userbase and audience on it.

Not that NIS always make the best business decisions, but still.

Either a Vita port or a new PS4 game.

I'm still leaning toward a vita port with extra content, like a lot of their games have gotten.

However, considering one of the endings of the PS3 game and the fact that this is spelling revival, a PS4 sequel wouldn't surprise me.

Top Bottom