• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New NIS (Japan) Countdown Site

HGH

Banned
Update again. Now it's doing mallet and spear combos. I'm still not sure if I recognize these weapons or not, they're fairly generic.

http://nippon1.jp/consumer/new_title/

Disgaea D2 Returns?

edit: Buried in the flash file:

http://nippon1.jp/consumer/new_title/flash/main.swf
xod7kpO.png

http://blog.hokanko-alt.com/archives/44305001.html

Witch and the Hundred Knight Revival
the hell you mean witch and the hundred knight revivial? Didnt that game come out not too long ago? I was hoping for a disgaea d2 vita port #salty :mad:

jonno394

It's saying more info on Witch Revival will be in this week's issue of Dengeki PlayStation.

Another countdown clock started. That might be for the site's proper opening?

Yeah 21/22 day countdown started after I left the site for a while.

Thanks for the translation.

squall211

So how was the witch and hundred knights game anyway? I've missed it when it first launched.

I just played it a couple months ago. It was alright. The main character is extremely unlikable for the first 30-40% of the game. The gameplay was pretty fun, but it never really evolved much during the course of the game. How you played in chapter 2 was the same way you played in chapter 10.

Pretty good OST also.

where is that DMX.png when you need it, gaf im disappoint

japanese devs really like countdown timers lol

edit: oh i wanted to play this game but by that time i already moved onto my ps4, if its a remaster on the ps4 i will get it if not wait on a sale for my ps3

Shizuka

The fanbase for NIS is still not present in the PS4 in Japan, they're still within the PS3 or moved to the Vita base. I don't think this will do higher than 10k, like Takao said.

Never got the PS3 version, so I'll get this one. I was expecting vita, but this is a fine surprise.

But yeah, this probably won't do so hot. At least not in Japan.

Maybe the point is actually the inevitable international release?

I mean the Console -> Portable thing at least gives convenience (+DLC usually) but PS3>4 isn't offering anything except graphics since it was designed on PS3 so it's not like the power can be used for anything else.

So I could see the point being to try and grab some Western audience. Especially given the gameplay.

Shizuka

I mean the Console -> Portable thing at least gives convenience (+DLC usually) but PS3>4 isn't offering anything except graphics since it was designed on PS3 so it's not like the power can be used for anything else.

So I could see the point being to try and grab some Western audience. Especially given the gameplay.

Except the PS3 version was already released in the West, not to mention that the most PS4 owners interested in JRPGs also have a PS3.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Higher res shots.

PS3
3ueVTB.jpg

PS4
Qbsct6.jpg

Funny there's still a SELECT button in the HUD..

Its like they forgot to remove that from the HUD layer when making the screenshot. Since they added in the L2 / R2 PS4 trigger icon graphic, but forgot to remove the select button thing / replace it with the correct PS4 button.

While I do think that's a motivating factor, I think the bigger issue is that NIS want to be one of the first few Japanese devs to make the jump to the PS4.

It also might have been harder to port it down to the vita, especially depending on how much they add (google translate is extremely untrustworthy, but it seems to indicate that you can play as Metallia in this version, for instance). There's a lot more going on in WatHK than in most of their sprite based SRPGs.

koutoru

It's a port for PS4.

PS3:
T0gQLvb.jpg

PS4:
ltHEqZ3.jpg

http://dengekionline.com/elem/000/001/041/1041276/

NIS, this is going to sell like 10k. Good luck.
Pretty much what I expected.

For this game they decided to port up and have the game run better on PS4 rather than port down to Vita which might of actually caused the game to run worse than it does on PS3.
NIS already talked about the development difficulties of this game on PS3, porting to Vita would mean some of these issues possibly popping up again.

They might also be using the sales this version to help development of an actual squeal later.

From Siliconera:

Dengeki reports that The Witch and the Hundred Knight Revival will make “that witch” playable in a brand new mode, so we can assume it’s Metallia, based on the cover image. The game will still keep everything from story and characters for those who’ve yet to play the first game.

Except the PS3 version was already released in the West, not to mention that the most PS4 owners interested in JRPGs also have a PS3.

I don't think its really aimed at the JRPG audience honestly. In some ways this game seems to have been aimed at the Western ARPG/Action Roguelike market from the start (at least far more so than say Disgaea was).

Ugh. I was was off on this one huh!

A bit of a surprising decision to be honest. I don't know what they're going for with this. In Japan, is there really an audience on PS4 that wasn't on PS3? If it's the same audience, would they be receptive to buying the game again for another home console? If they're targeting the west with this game, are they expecting it to expand beyond the usual NISA-buying crowd?

I can't help but think this is going to be another horrifically performing game for NIS.

Vanguard

Slightly disappointed it's just a port, but I already own it on PS3 so I'm not looking to purchasing it again, even if it means that it'd fix the crash bug (I assume or at least hope it'd be fixed in the new version). The one thing that really ruined my enjoyment of the game personally and why I haven't gone back to it yet, as far as I am aware it's never been patched?

Slightly disappointed it's just a port, but I already own it on PS3 so I'm not looking to purchasing it again, even if it means that it'd fix the crash bug (I assume or at least hope it'd be fixed in the new version). The one thing that really ruined my enjoyment of the game personally and why I haven't gone back to it yet, as far as I am aware it's never been patched?

Well, there will be additional content, but I'm not sure if it will be enough to convince people to buy the game again.

No, the game was never patched.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
If Disgaea didn't move them over I don't see what will.

Its not like there is some sort of massive Disgaea fanbase anyways to begin with. Following below are opening week sales #s.

[PS3] Disgaea 3 (Nippon Ichi Software) - 54,596 / NEW
Was unable to find numbers for the Vita version. Besides the info that it charted in 22nd place at launch therefore not getting any numbers published.

[PS3] Disgaea 4 (Nippon Ichi Software) {2011.02.24} - 79.425 / NEW
[PSV] Disgaea 4 Return (NIS, 01/30/14) – 33,749 (New)

[PS4] Disgaea 5: Alliance of Vengeance (NIS, 03/26/15) – 22,725 (New)

Its not like there is some sort of massive Disgaea fanbase anyways to begin with. Following below are opening week sales

Just for completion sake:

190 PS3 Disgaea 3: Absence of Justice 56,441
54 PSV Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention 21,848

125 PS3 Disgaea 4: A Promise Unforgotten 77,449
56 PSV Disgaea 4: A Promise Revisited 29,904

250 PS3 Disgaea D2: A Brighter Darkness 53,814

40 PS4 Disgaea 5: Alliance of Vengeance 22,872

There's never been some massive fanbase, but barely outselling a Disgaea 3 port which launched with Vita is quite something.

Sandfox

This announcement made me realize that the only series NIS has is Disgaea and potentially this if we get a sequel.

Its not like there is some sort of massive Disgaea fanbase anyways to begin with. Following below are opening week sales #s.

[PS3] Disgaea 3 (Nippon Ichi Software) - 54,596 / NEW
Was unable to find numbers for the Vita version. Besides the info that it charted in 22nd place at launch therefore not getting any numbers published.

[PS3] Disgaea 4 (Nippon Ichi Software) {2011.02.24} - 79.425 / NEW
[PSV] Disgaea 4 Return (NIS, 01/30/14) – 33,749 (New)

[PS4] Disgaea 5: Alliance of Vengeance (NIS, 03/26/15) – 22,725 (New)

Disgaea is by far their biggest ip and I would say all their games are targeting the exact same people.

Just for completion sake:

190 PS3 Disgaea 3: Absence of Justice 56,441
54 PSV Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention 21,848

125 PS3 Disgaea 4: A Promise Unforgotten 77,449
56 PSV Disgaea 4: A Promise Revisited 29,904

250 PS3 Disgaea D2: A Brighter Darkness 53,814

40 PS4 Disgaea 5: Alliance of Vengeance 22,872

There's never been some massive fanbase, but barely outselling a Disgaea 3 port which launched with Vita is quite something.

Just for the sake of comparison:

4. [PS3] The Witch and the Hundred Knights – 49,209 (New)

We also know that it shipped 90,000 units, which made NIS happy.

If we compare this to home consoles, it seems unlikely this will outsell D5.

Also, I know for a while some people kept saying that the Disgaea series is more popular in the west. I don't know if there's any proof or truth to that, but I remember seeing that thrown around for a bit.

Top Bottom