• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New No Man's Sky Trailer: Trade

Bold One

playable at playstation japan event

kWLxD1j.jpg

Look at those queues

Wait, what is this talk about guilds? THose arent in the game afaik. It would go completely against the spirit of the game, and what is the point if you wont ever meet someone and there are no chat rooms or whatever to talk with other members? This isnt an MMO.

Lemondish

Hmm, a "Trade" trailer without much "trading." So, the boring and bland grinding system is finally introduced. Reminiscent of filling countless meters like free-to-play mobile games.

Notice the disappointing rock and asteroid destruction where it suddenly breaks into smaller pieces like OG Asteroids. See the awkward shadow effects at 0:16. "Every trade is a story" sounds like it is trying to make something out of nothing. At best a tech demo--why $60 again?

Hmm, I don't see the point in convincing you otherwise because, well, fuck that noise. Not my job.

The game is more closely aligned to the gameplay of Minecraft with its focus on emergent gameplay, but instead we're sitting here complaining about the asteroid destruction effects.

This game is not and will never be for you. Move on.

Cobra TV put his breakdown of the Trade video up now. Good stuff as usual.

https://youtu.be/OaLXBNeAzHs

Lots of obervations I missed.

I've been wanting a video series like this, thank you for posting.
Very informative channel.

The building is huge. The chance of finding another person to stand next to are very low.

Ha!

Hmm, I don't see the point in convincing you otherwise because, well, fuck that noise. Not my job.

The game is more closely aligned to the gameplay of Minecraft with its focus on emergent gameplay, but instead we're sitting here complaining about the asteroid destruction effects.

This game is not and will never be for you. Move on.

He can't let go.
I opened Pandora's box and checked post history, his obsession with trolling this game is quite frightening lol.

Ghandi

Banned
Aaaaw, poor little cool_dude.

I'm almost inclined to buy the game for him, since he clearly wants it badly.

That cynicism, ouch!
I understand his scepticism,

Remember: We have an Industry where Molyneux and Todd Howard exist, nice looking people, telling also very nice things, and releasing nice trailers.

I am so very curious what the overall opionions on this game will be like.
Everything LOOKS beautiful.

RevenWolf

That cynicism, ouch!
I understand his scepticism,

Remember: We have an Industry where Molyneux and Todd Howard exist, nice looking people, telling also very nice things, and releasing nice trailers.

I am so very curious what the overall opionions on this game will be like.
Everything LOOKS beautiful.

Might wanna check out Cool_Dude's post history before you start saying he's being reasonable :p

There's a big different between being scepticism and voicing concerns, and literally going to every thread about a game you can find, essentially call it trash and make snap judgements, and immediately leave the thread ignoring all replies.

If he actually bothered to have a discussion instead of being an old man that yells at clouds people would actually take his opinion seriously I feel.

Hmm, a "Trade" trailer without much "trading." So, the boring and bland grinding system is finally introduced. Reminiscent of filling countless meters like free-to-play mobile games.

Notice the disappointing rock and asteroid destruction where it suddenly breaks into smaller pieces like OG Asteroids. See the awkward shadow effects at 0:16. "Every trade is a story" sounds like it is trying to make something out of nothing. At best a tech demo--why $60 again?

That's it. Pre-order canceled. Thanks for showing me the light, supercooooooool_dude!

Ghandi

Banned
Might wanna check out Cool_Dude's post history before you start saying he's being reasonable :p

There's a big different between being scepticism and voicing concerns, and literally going to every thread about a game you can find, essentially call it trash and make snap judgements, and immediately leave the thread ignoring all replies.

If he actually bothered to have a discussion instead of being an old man that yells at clouds people would actually take his opinion seriously I feel.

Oh wow, you´re right!^^
Well, yeah, thats just a lot of shitposting

August something the third or something can´t come soon enough!

It isn't even necessarily about NMS. He just trashes all things Sony every chance he gets. He's an Xbox fanboy.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Is the blatant shitposting cool_dude is up to in every single NMS thread actually not a bannable offense? It's impressive how tenacious he is with his NMS hate.

CHC

Is the blatant shitposting cool_dude is up to in every single NMS thread actually not a bannable offense? It's impressive how tenacious he is with his NMS hate.

I don't even care what he is actually saying - disliking the game is fine - but it's more the fact that no actual discussion occurs for two pages after he posts because it's almost exclusively people quoting him and talking about his post history.

It seems like trolling though because he is well, well, well past the point of knowing that the game isn't for him, and also because he never actually responds, he just does fly-by's.

legacyzero

Banned

I love you. You are my favorite poster. Please stop by the |OT|

http://www.abload.de/img/0414_a9ue9.gif

KeRaSh

Looks great. This combined with the exploration aspect will be what I will spend most of my time with. Hype is slowly creeping up on me again.

I don't even care what he is actually saying - disliking the game is fine - but it's more the fact that no actual discussion occurs for two pages after he posts because it's almost exclusively people quoting him and talking about his post history.

It seems like trolling though because he is well, well, well past the point of knowing that the game isn't for him, and also because he never actually responds, he just does fly-by's.

To my understanding fly-by posting is a bannable offense.

Just ignore him. There are plenty of people we can quote and actually get a decent argument out of.

DrBo42

We had someone like that in the lead up to watch dogs. Was fascinating to watch him and Crossing Eden co-exist in the same thread.

Handy Fake

hello-darkness-gob-gif-wall-3.gif

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
I can see this being the game of my forever. I am the gamer that explores every nook and cranny of the scenery. This is right in my wheelhouse.

Instead of quoting the guy a million times report him for drive-by shit posting. Mods can't be everywhere.

I hope the robot sentinels don't come out very easy.

void666

Banned
I still don't know what to expect. I love aimless exploration. This could go both ways.
Best game ever. Or a bore fest.

OuterLimits

Well, trolling or not, he does have a good point point that the "trade" trailer doesn't have much trade.

I'm just going in assuming the main exciting aspect will be exploring, and the other stuff is rather shallow. Perhaps it will exceed my expectations though.

v1lla21

Wait, what is this talk about guilds? THose arent in the game afaik. It would go completely against the spirit of the game, and what is the point if you wont ever meet someone and there are no chat rooms or whatever to talk with other members? This isnt an MMO.
No, they aren't in the game we were just discussing what kind of things We'd like to see in future updates.

Man that's so disappointing. This game screams coop in the friends play minecraft together era

Yup my wife and I love exploring and playing Co op together and that seems to be a rare thing in games now, that is my single gripe against this game.

I'm still going to get it and just hope she can have fun discovering on her own but it would have been fun being able to play together =/

Top Bottom