• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New No Man's Sky Trailer: Trade

legacyzero

Banned
This shit better not be delayed on PC or I won't be getting it at all. This is the kind of game that's good to play with the rest of the community right at launch. No fucking way I'm waiting 9 days after its been out.

LMAO it's 3 days man. Just go dark until then?

Really getting some Destiny vibes from the UI and item management system. Also, love the ship docking sequence.

Starting to feel the hype again... only 17 more days!

theWB27

Anyone else hope the economy will be dynamic?

Like giving too much of one thing could devalue it one sector while taking to another could give more profit?

Only if they tell where things are valued. I wouldn't wanna go hours in farming only to get to selling it and it's not worth crap.

RedSwirl

Wonder how many factions are in the game? We've only seen like... one, right?

I think they said the Korvax and other races are pre-made but factions are procedurally generated. I'm not sure.

It might be like Elite Dangerous where you have like four pre-made major factions and then a bunch of procedurally generated minor factions, the latter being like between one and five per solar system.

Do we actually know that there's going to be one space station per system? We know there will be space stations and surface stations. The dynamics between them might be interesting if they're controlled by opposing factions. Maybe the "thing" you can do to alter each system is something that affects the balance of power between those factions, like taking over a station for one faction or stealing something from that station and giving it to another faction.

v1lla21

Like giving too much of one thing could devalue it one sector while taking to another could give more profit?

Only if they tell where things are valued. I wouldn't wanna go hours in farming only to get to selling it and it's not worth crap.
Look at the cobra TV video and you see that things are categorizer by Commons and uncommon. There was one that was labeled a commodity and it was worth a shitload of credits.

c I asked earlier if there was a black market in the game but got no answer. If so, I wonder how it'll work. A good idea for a black market would be p2p for in game credits.

Gruso

Steam says August 9. It might be August 12 for Europe?
Steam Australia: August 11.

No lie, I'm going to be a sulky child when PS4 owners are playing it first. But at one point this was looking like a timed exclusive for PS4, and simultaneous release was huge news. So I'm counting my blessings really.

OmegaDL50

I think they said the Korvax and other races are pre-made but factions are procedurally generated. I'm not sure.

It might be like Elite Dangerous where you have like four pre-made major factions and then a bunch of procedurally generated minor factions, the latter being like between one and five per solar system.

Do we actually know that there's going to be one space station per system? We know there will be space stations and surface stations. The dynamics between them might be interesting if they're controlled by opposing factions. Maybe the "thing" you can do to alter each system is something that affects the balance of power between those factions, like taking over a station for one faction or stealing something from that station and giving it to another faction.

Well we know that some areas on planets are denoted with faction flags. Or at least that is what they appear to be.

You can see one here - http://media.kotaku.foxtrot.future.net.uk/wp-content/uploads/sites/52/2015/06/NoMansSky-2.jpg

Now for a slight change of subject.

Does anyone know the source of this image?

nomansky-immagini.jpg

I don't believe this is a NMS in-game shot, it could be possibly fan art, but it's indeed a image of the game that would be the first visual showing of a ringed planet.

It will be dynamic. Prices and demand fluctuate depending on your location in the universe.

That's not a dynamic economy though. All we've seen so far is that market prices are different in each star system. A dynamic economy is one that fluctuates in response to player actions; for instance a player selling a ton of Hydrogen material in a star system, which then depresses the price in that system due to an oversupply. Hello hasn't yet shown this is how the economy in NMS works, though I really hope it is.

No lie, I'm going to be a sulky child when PS4 owners are playing it first.

Don't worry, you only have 2-3 days to bide your time until you can begin telling us how much better your version of NMS is to our second-rate PS4 version. ;)

Danlord

Well we know that some areas on planets are denoted with faction flags. Or at least that is what they appear to be.

You can see one here - http://media.kotaku.foxtrot.future.net.uk/wp-content/uploads/sites/52/2015/06/NoMansSky-2.jpg

nomansky-immagini.jpg

I don't believe this is a NMS in-game shot, it could be possibly fan art, but it's indeed a image of the game that would be the first visual showing of a ringed planet.

https://reddit.com/r/blender/commen..._using/?utm_source=mweb_redirect&compact=true

From reddit.

E92 M3

That's not a dynamic economy though. All we've seen so far is that market prices are different in each star system. A dynamic economy is one that fluctuates in response to player actions; for instance a player selling a ton of Hydrogen material in a star system, which then depresses the price in that system due to an oversupply. Hello hasn't yet shown this is how the economy in NMS works, though I really hope it is.

Don't worry, you only have 2-3 days to bide your time until you can begin telling us how much better your version of NMS is to our second-rate PS4 version. ;)

Well, I wasn't sure what you meant by dynamic. Positional changes could be considered dynamic. Nonetheless, I am excited to learn more about the economy.

diaspora

Both GOG and Steam say August 9 for me, if your Steam version says the 11th, check to see if GOG unlocks on the 9th for you.

theWB27

Look at the cobra TV video and you see that things are categorizer by Commons and uncommon. There was one that was labeled a commodity and it was worth a shitload of credits.

c I asked earlier if there was a black market in the game but got no answer. If so, I wonder how it'll work. A good idea for a black market would be p2p for in game credits.

Yes, but that wouldn't make it dynamic. If you sold too much of that uncommon commodity in one zone thus making it sell for more in another wouldn't be good too me.

If you're too far away from the best price that could bring a different kind of grind. Could dictate where you go instead of being free to go wherever just because you want more of that uncommon material (money).

nomansky-immagini.jpg

This is definitely fanart lol

CHC

Date on Steam in US still says August 9th so I'm going to hold off on getting annoyed unless that changes.

Trouble

Banned
Preordered on PC, but just put the PS4 version in my gamefly queue. Worst case I'll play for 3 days on PS4, then restart on PC.

finalflame

Gold Member
Slight PC delay would be very annoying but like someone said, nobody will remember a 3 day delay in the long run.

As seen above, I was pretty heavily annoyed by the PC delay, but I think that'll fizzle out once the 3 day wait means I get to play a game that has a gorgeous art style at 4K/60. Everything will be ok.

OuterLimits

I'm pretty sure there is one space station in each solar system but I could be wrong. Otherwise players could get pretty frustrated and screwed. Especially if your starter solar system didn't have one.

SomTervo

I could use your help. I am trying to compile a list of 100 planet names. As one of my main goals for NMS is to name 100 individual planets. Currently up to 64.

Each planet has a Suffix of GAF i.e Epsilon GAF.
Planets names are separated in different categories of 12 each. Which are various things, specific colors, gemstones, zodiacs, special numerics, and currently real world cities.

So right now I'm trying to compile a list of 12 famous real world city names which would bring up my name list up to 72.

So far I got
061) Philadelphia GAF (Gotta represent my home town)
062) London
063) Tokyo
064) Amsterdam

That is all I got so far.

Coming up with 3 other categories will be a hassle of it's own.

Here's my compiled list so far -
http://pastebin.com/STZXzLNg

Hey Omega, sorry I didn't see this until now. PM'd you.

legacyzero

Banned
Ya'll be careful about spoilers. Screenshots already floating around Twitter, Reddit, and in the other currently active NMS thread here.

SomTervo

"Good artists copy. Great artists steal."

I can't stop thinking about this. As someone who produces a lot of creative work.

It's a creative mantra I've not heard of before, but the more I think about it the more it makes sense. You have to take ownership of the things that inspire you - i.e. creatively "steal" them - to use them effectively in your own work.

This shit better not be delayed on PC or I won't be getting it at all. This is the kind of game that's good to play with the rest of the community right at launch. No fucking way I'm waiting 9 days after its been out.

Dude...

First of all, it's pretty much singleplayer.

Second, your planets will probably look completely different than anyone else's. Wildlife will probably be different too. So nobody can spoil anything for you.

Third, chances are that at launch, there will be bugs or Atlas outages or who knows what else. Happens to all launch games with online components. So, let the early adopters iron out the bugs before you get in.

Fourth, it's just a game.

Not talking about the creatures you find on any ol planet

Idk how we'll do it I guess spoiler free,Ot,Screenshot thread
Its probably going to be a mess. Seems like this games is tough to say what constitutes a spoiler or not. I'd say anything not shown in official footage but its not up to me lol. I think I might just go dark. That race spoiler wasn't too bad but now that the game is in the wild and stuff, I'm getting a bit worried. I'm already avoiding Twitter.

Man I hate the last few weeks before my most highly anticipated games come out.

Normally dont care too much about apoilers outside of endgame ones but I don't want to be spoiled with this one. Want to go in fresh. Already watched so many videos. I got enough info lol.

MMaRsu

Banned
No man's sky gets released in 3 weeks one. It's on the first page. I don't wanna link it in case someone doesn't wanna get spoiled alot of pictures in there as well

Hmm alright thats weird. I didnt see any picture of any race on the first two pages, viewing 100 replies per page.

Id like to see these screenshots.

Top Bottom