• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Xbox One Experience update drops Kinect gestures; usage was "very, very low"

Oneself

cryingkinectk4sd4.jpg

Starfield

I dont even wanna imagin how this forum will react when ms announces their next xbox with kinect 3.0

"Hey, this time it's better...No really!"

I can see why they wouldn't bother updating them, but why remove them completely? Were they using too many resources or what?

Too much of a pain to test for the OS software developers, probably.

Whenever updating something in the OS, they need to test that nothing else breaks. If they kept the gestures in, they'd have to keep being tested, too. If almost no one's using them, it's not worth the manpower and resources to keep supporting them. This way, UI changes can be made more quickly with fewer resulting bugs.

Head.spawn

I bought my Xbox One day 1 and haven't used my Kinect since the first week of release. Just more convenient to use a controller.

Sell it then. Better yet, ship to me for free, I have a friend who needs one, I'll pay for shipping.

I mean if you haven't used it in two years, surely you would be okay with that.
No outrage? I just remember the drop of the OS feature on PS3... The user base of that was probably similar high than that for kinect gesture control.

Probably not.

Top Bottom