• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Newsweek: Trump illegally did business with Cuba

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeonBlack

u1GURd4.jpg

perfect

Dr.Acula

Banned
At this point I think the greatest punchline to this joke would that - because of the raised attention and scrutiny that running for public office brings - Trump gets prosecuted for some shady back door deals and catches some serious shit from the Fed when all is said and done.

I feel like that's going to happen. A lot of career politicians skate because they have friends in Washington, or they know how to play the game, they can make deals, or push back with threats themselves. Trump's a tourist in Washington. Things... don't look too hot for him should he find himself on the outside looking in. Certainly a lot of loyal Republicans aren't happy that he's failed to raise money for the RNC, that he's not hired people from within the party to prominent positions, that he leapfrogged the line and gone straight for the presidential nomination.

The GoP will want to send the message that outsiders get buried.

johnsmith

remember me
Don't forget that he also tried to do business with Gaddaffi.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/danielwagn...-qaddafis-cash?utm_term=.ylKGD12b3#.ouPoOgyVv

Donald Trump tried to raise money from the regime of Libyan dictator Muammar al-Qaddafi two years before a 2011 revolution toppled the brutal leader, according to four people with knowledge of the effort. Trump even tried to set up a meeting with the tyrant himself, three of the sources say, to explore business ventures — despite the Libyan leader’s notorious sponsorship of terrorism that killed scores of Americans.

Morts

This should end him, but plenty of things should've already and didn't.

What happens if Trump gets convicted of something after winning but before inauguration? Are we stuck with Pence?

This should end him, but plenty of things should've already and didn't.

What happens if Trump gets convicted of something after winning but before inauguration? Are we stuck with Pence?

He wouldn't be convicted prior to Inauguration Day. And even if he was, he would have to be formally impeached by the House and convicted in the Senate to be forcibly removed from office.

So let's say he gets elected and then decides not to accept the office. What happens then? Well, that's not really well-established.

http://politics.stackexchange.com/q...ens-if-a-president-elect-changes-his-her-mind

Lunar15

Is it bad that I look at this and go "oh, this means nothing"?

At what point did we get to where treason is like "oh this means nothing" in a presidential election?

Firebrand

So the Trump tour didn't just visit Little Havana but Big Havana as well. Really trying to connect with the Hispanic crowd.

I'm convinced shit like this is being sat on until it's too late to change the head of the ticket in many states in time for voting.

Lenz44

Banned
Has this man finally done everything that ever other sunk presidential campaign has been accused of? The only story needed to complete this is him murdering someone

His supporters would say that person deserved it and did it for business reasons. Also $hillary murdered people too so it's even.

He admitted to tax evasion on live TV the other night, pretty sure this guy could pull out a gun and shoot someone during a debate and nobody would do anything.

Lots of companies don't pay corporate income taxes. Its our wonderful system at work. Yay burden for the middle class!

jmood88

I feel like that's going to happen. A lot of career politicians skate because they have friends in Washington, or they know how to play the game, they can make deals, or push back with threats themselves. Trump's a tourist in Washington. Things... don't look too hot for him should he find himself on the outside looking in. Certainly a lot of loyal Republicans aren't happy that he's failed to raise money for the RNC, that he's not hired people from within the party to prominent positions, that he leapfrogged the line and gone straight for the presidential nomination.

The GoP will want to send the message that outsiders get buried.
The moment he loses, republicans will turn on him so fast your head will spin. Believe me.

AYF 001

Well, Trump has bragged about taking money from Muammar Gaddafi...
Yeah but Crooked Hillary heard about Donald's incredible deal with him, so she had Lybia invaded to stop him from building the most bigly luxurious hotel in all of Africa.

Though I can only imagine the fodder for the next debate gets juicier by the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom