• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Newsweek: Trump illegally did business with Cuba

Status
Not open for further replies.
he doesnt follow laws. that makes him smart

But remember, he's the candidate of Law and Order!

*KUN-KUN*

law-and-order-logo.jpg

EGM1966

I applaud US on this astonishing new reality show: presidential elections.

Sure beats The Truman Show.

Can't wait to see what's next.

Surprised took this long for this kind of stuff to surface but I guess it's timing the reveal for maximum drama.

tanooki27

this'd hit harder if we hadn't recently reopened some relations with Cuba. people won't give two shits, I'm afraid. what they gotta do is find some tape of him hurling racial epithets.

that's pretty much the only thing that'd stick at this point

Aselith

this'd hit harder if we hadn't recently reopened some relations with Cuba. people won't give two shits, I'm afraid. what they gotta do is find some tape of him hurling racial epithets.

that's pretty much the only thing that'd stick at this point

He's already lost the base that would be effected by that.

Henkka

Banned
His supporters won't give a shit, but what about the feds? He "took advantage" of bankruptcy laws before, yeah, but this sounds more like actually breaking the law.

-Plasma Reus-

Service guarantees member status
Yea. It's not about changing supporters mind at this point. Any person who is willing to have this man I charge doesn't care about what he has done or said or what he is saying he will do.

But you can be sure the FBI cares if they find out he broke the law.

Aselith

He shouldn't be running for president, but away from other inmates trying to poke his orange ass.

I don't know the specifics of the embargo laws and looking around for them online I didn't really find much. Only thing I really found was some banks being fined for doing business in embargoed countries so it seems like more than likely fines would be levied against Trumps business.

deadlast

And he will just say it is a filthy liberal lie...

*Nothing happens*
Someone I know complained how much the liberals are attacking Trump. I was going to say something about how people are just reposting things he had done or said. But then he went into a Johnson support rant. So I didn't bother.

God I wish some of this man's illegal activity would catch up with him but this is a country where the rich get to do whatever they want. It sucks, it really sucks, but there's not much we can do about it. Maybe someday in the future the rich will be held accountable for their actions

Henkka

Banned
Though it has long been illegal for corporations to spend money in Cuba without proper authorization, there is no chance that Trump, the company or any of its executives will be prosecuted for wrongdoing. The statute of limitations ran out long ago, and legal analysts say OFAC’s enforcement division is understaffed, so the chances for an investigation were slim even at the time.

The dream is dead

I don't know the specifics of the embargo laws and looking around for them online I didn't really find much. Only thing I really found was some banks being fined for doing business in embargoed countries so it seems like more than likely fines would be levied against Trumps business.

Looks like the Trump Foundation is about to make another donation...

zelas

Though it has long been illegal for corporations to spend money in Cuba without proper authorization, there is no chance that Trump, the company or any of its executives will be prosecuted for wrongdoing. The statute of limitations ran out long ago, and legal analysts say OFAC’s enforcement division is understaffed, so the chances for an investigation were slim even at the time.

SIIIIIIIIIIIGH

DavidDesu

Such a shame this didn't come out hours before the debate.. damn! Next one though.. I'm convinced Trump doesn't really want to win this, maybe this is his way out lol.

winjet81

This isn't going to hurt him at all.

His supporters will say "see, he really ISN'T racist after-all"...

Hillary supporters will say "he's a schemer doing what schemers do"...

Bernie supporters will say "looks like he is comfortable working with left-wing economies"...

DrArchon

This hasn't gotten much traction, not nearly as much as I'd hoped it would.

It only really needs to gain traction in Florida. If it can manage to do that, or if the Clinton campaign/friendly Super PACs can just blanket the airwaves and internet with "Trump paid Castro!" ads, then it doesn't need to make a blip anywhere else.

I don't think this is going to be big news. The best thing that's going to come out of this is the Notorious HRC is going to hit him over it at the next debate and the more ammo she's got, the better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom